5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS
Illustrated by Wilson Ong
A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Published on October 28, 2011 by IntentionalMomma

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book
Heaven is for Real for kids is a good book to read with children who have questions about heaven. I'm not going to debate if I think Colton actually went to heaven, but I appreciate the scripture on each page of the book. The pictures are beautiful and captivated my daughter. I think this book would be appropriate for preschool and elementary children.
Published on October 30, 2011 by Tiff

5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Heaven is for Real for Kids: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back (Hardcover)
HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS by Todd and Sonja Burpo, as told by Colton Burpo
Illustrated by Wilson Ong
A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

I still have chills after reading this book. After hearing so much about the #1 New York Times bestseller Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo, I was thrilled at the opportunity to review this version for children, as told by Colton Burpo. If you aren't familiar with this story, little Colton visited Heaven during life-threatening emergency surgery and returned with intricate, Biblically-accurate details about his experience.

First of all, the illustrations in this book are absolutely breathtaking. The colors are so vibrant, and artist Wilson Ong made the story come alive in a way that will capture the minds and hearts of young readers.

Admittedly, I was a little skeptical. I would imagine that a lot of people are pretty hesitant to believe this story. But, now that I've read the children's version, I will be reading the grown-up version--immediately.

The part of the story that really struck me was that in Heaven, Colton was greeted by his older sister, who (lost in a miscarriage) he didn't even know existed. I realize that some people are doubtful, but you really must read this book for yourself. The book also comes with a Q&A section and a guide for parents.

Heaven is For Real for Kids is written in Colton's own words about his experience. Young kids will easily be able to grasp Colton's simple phrasing and descriptions, and once again, each page is illustrated beautifully. The message of love will surely bring peace, comfort, and joy to all who read it.

As a parent, I highly, highly recommend this book for all children and expectant parents!

I received a complimentary hardback copy of this book from the publisher through BookSneeze®.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven for Kids, November 9, 2011
Many readers will have heard of the original book Heaven is For Real, which though told by the young Colton Burpo, is written for adults. This is the picture book version for children, the story of a young boy who visited heaven while his parents were in the hospital waiting room, fearing for his life.
It is a beautiful story told in absolute innocence. And yet, Colton Burpo's descriptions mirror much of what is told in scripture, as noted on each page. It is also fascinating to note the family members he met there, who he'd never known before, and how they were just what his parents knew them to be.
This is a very nice platform in which to teach your child about heaven--from someone who knows and can relate to them on their own level. Additionally, I greatly appreciated the added notes from Colten's parents, Todd and Sonja Burpo, which further illuminates the reader on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's something special about this book ..., November 10, 2011
and it's because it captures little kids attention and makes them imagine what Heaven is like. It makes them think about what it will be like to see Jesus and it reminds them how much He loves them. What's wrong with that? Nothing. People in other reviews are tearing the book apart because of a rainbow colored mane on a horse and the fact all the people in Heaven have halos and wings, and though I may not think that's the way it's going to be, does it really matter? If this book interests kids in Heaven and raises questions about how to get there, isn't that the purpose? We have no way of knowing if anyone has ever seen Heaven, so we have no way of knowing who's version is correct and who's isn't, but I think any book that makes kids think about Jesus is worth it. My six year old got misty eyed looking at the painting of Jesus in the back of the book! This isn't a book written for debating adults who scrutinize everything. It's for a child's heart and reaches them on their level. And honestly, who truly cares if there are no horses in Heaven with a rainbow mane, but there is in this book? Read it to your kids and open up discussions about Heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Heaven is for Real" for Kids as told by Colton Burpo, October 27, 2011
I was recently given the opportunity to review "Heaven is for REAL" for kids, as told by Colton Burpo to his Parents, Todd and Sonja Burpo.

This is a a children's book and is the story of a 4 year old child's trip to heaven and back. This is a boy named, Colton Burpo's, real life story that he told his mom and dad after he was ill and experienced going to heaven, but came back. This book is written on a level that children understand. I like that this is told by the child because it makes it easier for children to relate to the author.

The book itself is amazing. I sat down with my daughter and fell in love with Colton's book. It is so neat that a child wrote this. I like that Colton gives the reader a clear picture of what happened to him when he went to heaven. I enjoyed the pictures and so did my children. It helped them understand things more too. This is a great book for kids and teaches children all about heaven, but does it on their level. I personally loved that the descriptions of heaven were so detailed and I find it amazing that this was done by a child! I would definitely recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, October 30, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, January 2, 2014
We got this book when my husband passed away and my young children (2 and 4 years old) were having trouble understanding what heaven was, I myself could not find the words, so upon recommendation from a local pastor friend we bought this book. It is a good story to help children grasp an abstract concept but it was still a little over the heads of my kids, they might appreciate it more when they are a bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, July 23, 2013
Bought for grand daughter and she loves to read it...over and over and over. This is one I recommend for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for children, December 1, 2013
This really helped us with our son. He had recently become scared of death and dying because I had several funerals to go to in a short period of time. I can't thank the Burpo family enough for writing this down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written nice children's book, February 26, 2014
This is my DD's favorite book (and mine too!). Really nice illustrations written in a fun, conversational tone. I cannot wait for this movie to come out at Easter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book For Children, March 5, 2014
Such a joy to read, great photos and a wonderful message. This book is a great introduction for little ones to the after life and also a great comfort for adults as well. A great book for those who have lost children too, it helped our family get through a tough time.

$14.99 $9.09