5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS
Illustrated by Wilson Ong
A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Published on October 28, 2011 by IntentionalMomma

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book
Heaven is for Real for kids is a good book to read with children who have questions about heaven. I'm not going to debate if I think Colton actually went to heaven, but I appreciate the scripture on each page of the book. The pictures are beautiful and captivated my daughter. I think this book would be appropriate for preschool and elementary children.
Published on October 30, 2011 by Tiff

5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Heaven is for Real for Kids: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back (Hardcover)
HEAVEN IS FOR REAL FOR KIDS by Todd and Sonja Burpo, as told by Colton Burpo
Illustrated by Wilson Ong
A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

I still have chills after reading this book. After hearing so much about the #1 New York Times bestseller Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo, I was thrilled at the opportunity to review this version for children, as told by Colton Burpo. If you aren't familiar with this story, little Colton visited Heaven during life-threatening emergency surgery and returned with intricate, Biblically-accurate details about his experience.

First of all, the illustrations in this book are absolutely breathtaking. The colors are so vibrant, and artist Wilson Ong made the story come alive in a way that will capture the minds and hearts of young readers.

Admittedly, I was a little skeptical. I would imagine that a lot of people are pretty hesitant to believe this story. But, now that I've read the children's version, I will be reading the grown-up version--immediately.

The part of the story that really struck me was that in Heaven, Colton was greeted by his older sister, who (lost in a miscarriage) he didn't even know existed. I realize that some people are doubtful, but you really must read this book for yourself. The book also comes with a Q&A section and a guide for parents.

Heaven is For Real for Kids is written in Colton's own words about his experience. Young kids will easily be able to grasp Colton's simple phrasing and descriptions, and once again, each page is illustrated beautifully. The message of love will surely bring peace, comfort, and joy to all who read it.

As a parent, I highly, highly recommend this book for all children and expectant parents!

I received a complimentary hardback copy of this book from the publisher through BookSneeze®.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Heaven is for Real" for Kids as told by Colton Burpo, October 27, 2011
I was recently given the opportunity to review "Heaven is for REAL" for kids, as told by Colton Burpo to his Parents, Todd and Sonja Burpo.

This is a a children's book and is the story of a 4 year old child's trip to heaven and back. This is a boy named, Colton Burpo's, real life story that he told his mom and dad after he was ill and experienced going to heaven, but came back. This book is written on a level that children understand. I like that this is told by the child because it makes it easier for children to relate to the author.

The book itself is amazing. I sat down with my daughter and fell in love with Colton's book. It is so neat that a child wrote this. I like that Colton gives the reader a clear picture of what happened to him when he went to heaven. I enjoyed the pictures and so did my children. It helped them understand things more too. This is a great book for kids and teaches children all about heaven, but does it on their level. I personally loved that the descriptions of heaven were so detailed and I find it amazing that this was done by a child! I would definitely recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven for Kids, November 9, 2011
Many readers will have heard of the original book Heaven is For Real, which though told by the young Colton Burpo, is written for adults. This is the picture book version for children, the story of a young boy who visited heaven while his parents were in the hospital waiting room, fearing for his life.
It is a beautiful story told in absolute innocence. And yet, Colton Burpo's descriptions mirror much of what is told in scripture, as noted on each page. It is also fascinating to note the family members he met there, who he'd never known before, and how they were just what his parents knew them to be.
This is a very nice platform in which to teach your child about heaven--from someone who knows and can relate to them on their own level. Additionally, I greatly appreciated the added notes from Colten's parents, Todd and Sonja Burpo, which further illuminates the reader on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's something special about this book ..., November 10, 2011
and it's because it captures little kids attention and makes them imagine what Heaven is like. It makes them think about what it will be like to see Jesus and it reminds them how much He loves them. What's wrong with that? Nothing. People in other reviews are tearing the book apart because of a rainbow colored mane on a horse and the fact all the people in Heaven have halos and wings, and though I may not think that's the way it's going to be, does it really matter? If this book interests kids in Heaven and raises questions about how to get there, isn't that the purpose? We have no way of knowing if anyone has ever seen Heaven, so we have no way of knowing who's version is correct and who's isn't, but I think any book that makes kids think about Jesus is worth it. My six year old got misty eyed looking at the painting of Jesus in the back of the book! This isn't a book written for debating adults who scrutinize everything. It's for a child's heart and reaches them on their level. And honestly, who truly cares if there are no horses in Heaven with a rainbow mane, but there is in this book? Read it to your kids and open up discussions about Heaven!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, October 30, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, January 2, 2014
We got this book when my husband passed away and my young children (2 and 4 years old) were having trouble understanding what heaven was, I myself could not find the words, so upon recommendation from a local pastor friend we bought this book. It is a good story to help children grasp an abstract concept but it was still a little over the heads of my kids, they might appreciate it more when they are a bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, July 23, 2013
Bought for grand daughter and she loves to read it...over and over and over. This is one I recommend for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for children, December 1, 2013
This really helped us with our son. He had recently become scared of death and dying because I had several funerals to go to in a short period of time. I can't thank the Burpo family enough for writing this down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written nice children's book, February 26, 2014
This is my DD's favorite book (and mine too!). Really nice illustrations written in a fun, conversational tone. I cannot wait for this movie to come out at Easter!

1.0 out of 5 stars PROOF that this story is false, & PROOF that Akiane Kramarik (who's painting of jesus was at the very end of the film) is FALSE., August 21, 2014
If you have read this book or seen the movie, you are aware that at the very end it is revealed that the "jesus" Colton Burpo encountered is the same one depicted by the supposed child prodigy painter Akiane Kramarik.

Akiane Kramarik is now almost an adult, but in her early years her parents sold her as a child prodigy artist who supposedly (without any near death experiences or medical emergencies) was just spontaneously abducted by "jesus" and taken out to heaven to have personal conferences with him. During these abductions, her mother claims her body could not even be located. She would literally be playing in the living room and then suddenly disappear. They would search all over for her, but she could not be found until "jesus" returned her. And when he would "return" her, she would spontaneously appear in the middle of the living room, out of nowhere.

After Akiane was returned from her so-called "jesus abductions" she supposedly began to manifest a supernatural ability to paint (an ability way beyond her age of 4 years old). It was from this talent that she supposedly (and I emphasize the word supposedly, please keep reading) that she painted the portrait of "jesus" that Colton Burpo identified as being the same "jesus" he met with. Now, please read this statement put out by someone that personally knows the Kramarik family:

"Akiane's mother Foreli Kramarik was a friend and neighbor of my mom when her family lived in Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado during 2002/2003. She was also associated with the Boulder Colorado "Urantia Book" religious organization, of which my mother is a member. We believe that there are many questionable circumstances surrounding Akiane's status as a child prodigy. Firstly, her mother is a painter in very much the same vein. In fact, one of the paintings on Akiane's website is virtually identical to a piece which was hanging in their living room, and was represented to us as being created by Foreli. Also, Foreli was avidly searching for a model for a portrait of Jesus that SHE wanted to paint. SHE CONSTANTLY TALKED ABOUT AKIANE BEING THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST; time traveling, unusual dreams, prophetic quotes, etc.... To us, the child acted and spoke as a normal seven year old kid. When her mother would conduct such rantings about the child, Akiane appeared upset and annoyed about the stories."

Regardless of whether Akiane actually paints her own pictures (or her mother is doing it and lying)......there is no refuting the fact that Akiane once admitted in a filmed interview that a live human model was used for her "Jesus Prince of Peace" paintings. Please google "Akiane on Hour of Power (age 10)" to find the video on You Tube. In this interview, she describes how she begged a family friend to pose for her. I think it is important to point this out because so many people seem to believe that the paintings of Jesus came from her own mind (from memories of her supposed "conferences" with a "jesus" who abducted her). They think that she just sat down and painted these portraits from memory. She did not.

Knowing this, you also have to admit that the painting Colton Burpo claims is an accurate representation of the "jesus" he saw, is in all reality a painting that was created by viewing a male model who posed for the Kramarik family. Again, google "Akiane on Hour of Power (age 10)" to see the words come right out of her own mouth.

Akiane's paintings sell for around $3 million dollars, so this has been very profitable for her parents. Incidentally, now that Akiane is near grown, they have started new marketing campaigns to promote some of their other children as prodigies. But in spite of all the money they have made off these ventures, it hasn't stopped some of their children from trying to contribute to the family income. For example, Akiane has an older brother named Delfini (on facebook the mother spells it Delfinijus) who was arrested during 2010 in Northbrook, Illinois for being a major heroin dealer. He was arrested along with a woman named Neringa Eidimtaite. A quote from the Daily Herald article covering the arrests reads: "According to the detective, these were big time dealers out here," Northbrook police press officer Michael Shep said. "I'm sure there are always people above them ... but those who are into (heroin) knew of them."

To confirm this stuff yourself, google "Delfini Kramarik" and the news articles of his arrest will come up immediately. To confirm that it is Akiane's brother, go to the mothers facebook page (Foreli Kramarik) and look through her publicly posted family photos. You will see Delfini, and it is definitely the same Delfini featured in the article discussing his arrest. Heroin use in the family.....gee I wonder if this is the real cause of Akiane's "visions"?!?!

Also - do some research into the cult "Urantia Book". It is a White Supremacist cult based on "Baltu Religija" (otherwise known as "Baltic Religion", which makes sense because Foreli Kramarik was born and raised in the Baltic State of Lithuania.) This cult believes that there was a preeminent white race that existed long before any other race, and that blonde hair/blue eyed people are superior to all other people.

Knowing this, you must ask yourself.....why would any christian promote Colton Burpo when he agrees that the "jesus" he saw is the exact same one that Akiane Kramarik saw? It is either a money-making hoax, or spiritual deception of the satanic variety. If you are not a christian, then of course you won't agree with me and I wouldn't expect you to. But for those of you who walk around calling yourselves christians, while simultaneously promoting this book at church........I hope you wake up and realize that the "jesus" being sold to you in this book is a false jesus/antichrist. The REAL Jesus warned us:

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect, if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." (Matthew 24)

Wake up christians and stop wandering around like bleating, blabbering sheep with no sense. Follow the REAL Jesus. He may not be handsome or have blue eyes. Isaiah 53 states that there is nothing in his appearance that would appeal to us:

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53)

Stop following the fake "jesus" being sold to you by The Burpo family and Akiane Kramarik. Follow the Jesus of Isaiah 53. He is the only true Jesus, and the only way to salvation. And when He comes, we will ALL see him. Every eye - not just those who are supposedly abducted and taken aboard the so-called "jesus" ship.

$14.99 $11.00