Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 5, 2000
Everyone who is familiar with the Christian music scene knows Michael English and his story. I must admit that since his "Hope" release in 1994, I've been hesitant to pick up the few "in-between" albums that have been released in the six year gap. What many of us may have forgotten about him is that the man can flat out sing! In the long drought between contemporary Christian albums, I've been looking for a soloist who could take his place as the purest tenor on the block. Clay Crosse didn't grab me. Jonathan Pierce impresses me very much, and I found myself thinking this is the guy if he can find the right exposure to the listeners. I instictively compared him to Michael English. Then I listened to "Heaven to Earth". Holy cow! Its not even close. Michael has retaken his spot at the top of the heap, and there's no close second. I'm ashamed to say I'm one of the many who had forgotten the gift this man has, and I won't make that mistake again. The great thing about this album is that it not only gives us something that recalls his original work, but he takes a step out and tries something new as well. The heavier rock beats from "All Day All Night" and "How Grace Feels" reveal the true extent of his range and what he can do with it.
But what would a Michael English album be without the ballads. Gotta have it, and he doesn't disappoint. "Finally Free" and the title track "Heaven to Earth" are wonderful, but then he tops it off with an explosion of passion in "I'll Believe in You". It'll make you weep.
Its a new Michael with a taste from the past. The one theme he left out was the Southern Gospel, but that didn't bother me a bit. Get the cd pronto!
on March 30, 2000
Michael English's newest effort is one of the best albums you will ever purchase! Almost every single song has become a new favorite of mine! As GREAT as the music is, and as AWESOME as Michael sounds (he's just simply the best!), the lyrics are what make this album. What a pure and honest look at life that echos throughout the words. I would have to describe the theme as just a humble and total surrender to God. Michael's voice rings with passion for Christ. He's not just singing these songs, he's living them. All the songs are highlights, but a few to especially watch out for are: "To Live On" -a beautiful ballad and one of my favorite on the album; "If You Only Knew" -another ballad that will bring tears to your eyes and another co-favorite; "Heaven to Earth" -Michael never sounded better than on this song, and is a favorite too; "Finally Free" -Michael called this song his life, it will be yours too. Every song will bless your heart. It's more than music with a Michael English CD, it's ministry. God bless you Michael!
on May 20, 2005
I bought this cd two years ago after Michael English gave a soulful performance at our church. I tend to prefer the very soulful sound of contemporary African American gospel. So I was departing a slight bit from my usual musical genre to purchase this cd. I listened to it once then put it away, not sure if it was for me. Well, fast forward to two years later, I saw Michael English performing on tv a couple night ago and decided to revisit this cd.

I guess my ears have been cleaned out in the past 2 yrs because I love this cd. His soulful delivery of his songs really conveys his genuine faith. Listening closely to his words reflect the Lord's faithful forgiveness and deliverance from troubled times (almost all songs on the cd) -- something to which we all can relate -- as well as our need to depend on Him ("All Day, All Night").

From a purely musical standpoint, I love "Always Be There." My daughters, ages 4 and 1, like to dance to it. It harkens back to the 80's pop sound that I enjoyed. I recommend this cd for everyone's collection.
on March 29, 2000
The newest album from Michael English titled, "Heaven To Earth" is a new start for Michael. After facing personal struggles and leaving the past behind, he has released his most heartfelt album yet! A lot of the songs found on this album describe the struggles of being a Christian, and how God's grace is still sufficient. Back to his Contemporary Christian roots, Michael has teamed with Brown Bannister again to produce an electrifying, powerful collection of songs. The music is unbeleivable, from a touch of rock and techno for the upbeat songs, then for the ballads, the London Session Orchestra (actually recorded in London) can be heard. Beautifual ballads, and electric fast tunes, this album is a must for any fan of Contemporary Christian Music. Of course Michaels fans will snatch this one up fast. Michael English has the most devoted fans of any Christian artist, other artists only wish their fans were anything like Michael's. Maybe it's because they have stuck with him through the thick and thin, just like God !
on April 12, 2000
While watching the Gaither Homecoming on television recently, someone began to sing "Lord Feed Your Children" -- and I found out it was Michael English. But, not being very familiar with this type of music, I only knew that "something" was happening. It happened to me, too, because I became a Michael English fan from that moment. As "luck" would have it, I found out about and got to attend the taping of the Heaven to Earth concert for TBN. Michael English has been given a gift that no man can destroy. It was wonderful to see even the physical change in him: from thin and haunted looking to healthy and happy and energized. His performance on this album displays some of the best vocal variety there is. He carries the piece, whether it's heavy, light or a ballad, and has the vocal strength to outlast a sometimes loud background. His range is amazing and the "extras" at ends of sentences - well, there just aren't words. I am so thankful to have found this incredible artist and so thankful that God blessed someone who is willing to use His gift for good. Thank you!
on September 18, 2001
Man, oh man, alive! Thank the Lord THE Christian singer has returned to his roots. Michael English simply is the finest, most soulful high tenor soloist out there, wow, this effort blew me away. I am also a tenor and love to perform his work. We have missed you, Michael, and you have rededicated your live, love and music to the Lord. I forgive you as do many others and pray only the best of blessings for you and your life.
The Lord has give you to us as a gift of ministry, praise the Lord!
on December 18, 2004
Thank you Michael for not only showing us but helping us to have a heart of true repentance. This CD is trully a heartfelt masterpiece that comes from true love toward the Father. The CD allows us to understand forgiveness and restoration in it's fullness which only the Father can give. This is one of the best CD's I've heard, maybe because I really am a believer that God can restore you to the place from which you have fallen and He shows this with this awesome return of Michael English. It trully is a CD to add to your collection it will bless you beyond anything that you could ever image and bring you into a place of repentance, forgiveness, and the presence of God. Michael keep up the awesome testimony that you are. We never forget to pray for you. Continue to stand tall and strong.
on February 7, 2013
i had this cd when it came out and am so glad to refind it i love Michael English he is so moving and i find him to be goosebumppingly awesome !! i recomend for any one not just christian music followers :)
on September 22, 2014
Wow! This man can sing!!!! He doesn't just have a great, multi-octave, multi-versatile, can-sing-anything he wants voice. He really SINGS in a way that moves anyone who listens! He sings every WORD out of every song as if the words are a song in themselves. His diction is incredibly unique, with total class and perfection! When he sings live, even better.
Catch him on a TBN show he did after the release if "The Prodigal Comes Home" release (book & CD). Go to TBN.org and search his name. Pick the show with Donny McClurkin and Gary Oliver. If you're not a Michael English fan, you will be after watching him sing "Blessed Assurance" live!! By their own admission he blows away even the most dynamic singers like Donny McClurkin and Gary Oliver on the stage that night. As Jan Crouch quoted, Hearing Michael English sing, "You're hearing One of the GREATEST SINGERS this side of Heaven"! Amen Jan!
I'm so proud of Michael English! With his voice, meekness, power, and looks, he could have topped any pop singers of that time, like Michael Bolton, etc., and could also top them today! But Michael CHOSE to sing for Jesus because "That's where my passion is" Michael says. And it sure is! The greatest singer ever! Extremely gifted beyond belief at times! And now things are coming back around for Michael because he stayed true to The Faith, and God is keeping His promises and blessing Michael for his choices to sing for Him. Even with another NEW "The Michael English Show" on TBN! Who greater to host a gospel music artist show than the man who knows them all! Singing gospel with his dad and brothers since he was 5, knowing all the gospel circles, to singing with Bill Gaither for many, many years, no one knows gospel music like Michael, AND can bring singers and musicians together, with Miichael's sweet, so humble hosting! And we fans get to see and hear Michael English sing every week!
You'll never be disappointed with anything Michael English because he's the real deal and talented beyond description.
Enjoy, new Michael English fan!
on June 19, 2013
Michael English never sounded better with these beautifully crafted songs. With Brown Bannister once again at the helm(producer of Michael's first 2 albums) the production is top notch! I am going back to Michael's back catalogue and this one is a gem! God is good, yes indeed.