Customer Discussions > A Different Kind Of Truth forum

Heaviest Van Halen album to date

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2012 7:52:58 PM PST
Philosopher says:
Eddie, Alex, Dave, and Wolf bring it with this new album. Don't let the single "Tattoo" fool you...this album is heavy and it rocks! Many of the songs here are reworked versions of unreleased material from the early Roth-era albums. If you are a fan of classic Roth-era Van Halen, you will love this album.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:09:10 PM PST
Personally, I can't see what the problem is with tattoo....The more i listen to that song, the more i absolutely LOVE IT.... It has great guitar and the chorus is very catchy....As for the rest of the album, I agree with you 100%....This album ROCKS FROM START TO FINISH..... Only 3 or 4 songs of the 13 are reworked demos, but that is definetely not a problem....Bands do that all the time....This is Eddies best playing since the debut album!!!!! Dave brings out the best in Eddie and vice versa.....The best thing is that there is no keyboards on this album, and no cheesy Hagar love songs......TOTAL VAN HALEN ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE HEAVIEST VH ALBUM YET!!!!!! THIS ALBUM TOTALLY EXCEEDS ALL EXPECTATIONS THAT ANYONE COULD HAVE HOPED FOR!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 10:22:47 PM PST
AGREED! Don't let Tattoo keep you from the best VH in many O long year! Lots of heavy chops and solos. I didn't expect much and I have to admit, I was blown away! If your a DLR era VH fan, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 11:59:24 PM PST
Aaron Entler says:
If these are unreleased songs WTF I thought they where brand new songs come on man this isnt 1984 only songs that stand out for me are 12 13. But they sound like the 80's still only lead singer was Sammy,he had the real true sound and the only grammy VH had in rock-n-roll history.

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:34:35 PM PDT
mikespace says:
A Different Kind of Truth actually is old school Van Halen in parts, as some of these songs are remakes of the 1976-77 Gene Simmons Demos before the first VH album came out in '78. Those early VH demos are my favorite stuff by the group, and they are easily the most heavy VH songs ever released. Take the early version of House of Pain. It's metal 100%.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  May 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Different Kind Of Truth
A Different Kind Of Truth by Van Halen
4.2 out of 5 stars   (861)