Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 10, 2012
I wanted Heavy duty, so thinking the guage of wire ment heavy duty these would fit the bill. I received them quick as always with Amazon, but the first thing I did was try out the clamps and they are CHEAP and I do mean CHEAP. The clamps look like the heavy duty clamps that I'vs used but they are deceiving. When you squeeze them it's hard to keep them from twisting sideways. Next time I will buy them local so I can feel them before I buy them. I can still use them because I don't need to use them very much but would not recomend them. If they upgrade the clamps they would be great because the cable is thick.
on October 10, 2012
The cables I received were not as advertised. They were heavy gauge Aluminum wire surrounded by fine Copper wires concealing the cheaper internal Aluminum core wire. You could easily see the Aluminum where the ends of the cables had been cut off to fit into the clamps. Otherwise the cables seem to be of acceptable quality. I was very disappointed, sent them back for a refund and gave them one star for Bad Art.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
The product description is Heavy-Duty Auto Jumper Cables - 20Ft x 4-Gauge Copper Wire but the word copper should be in quotes. This is aluminum wire.
on February 17, 2013
Seller took no responsibility for shredded storage bags for both items. Made of material as thin as food plastic wrap. Poor experience and inferior product. Cables looked decent, but I bought these so I would not have to buy a storage bag. Told me to return to Amazon and that they had no explanation for the quality of their product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 24, 2014
Well, apparently there are two types of cables being sold here. I see all the complaints about 'copper-clad-aluminum' from a lot of guys screaming 'they aren't copper', but the ones I have are solid copper wire. A simple scrape test told me that, being as I cut mine down to use the wire to set up a 1600-watt inverter with. Every inch of the wire was copper. Solid copper. The end clamps could have been better quality, but since I bought these to wire in an inverter with, anyhow (pulling over 100-amps, constantly), I didn't see the need to stress over clamps I was going to cut off and toss, anyway.

I did try them out as 'jumper cables' before I cut them up, and they did work fine. I have a 30' set of 0-AWG cables in my truck, so I didn't need another set there - but these would have easily done the job, if I needed them to. The COPPER cables are doing just fine in my inverter set-up now - and absolutely no problems with them. The copper IS 4-AWG, also, not some wanna-be 6-AWG trash.

Don't know what to tell the people complaining - maybe the Chinese did a bait and switch on you - but I did get copper with mine. As for using them, they are more-than-enough to jump start a 1-ton V8 12-volt system, EASILY. If you melt these cables down, even if you have the aluminum set, then clearly you have shorted your charge system, or your battery has a short in it. There is NO WAY you are going to smoke these cables jumping a 12-volt system off, if the system is ok.
on October 1, 2013
When the description says copper wire it should be just that. Copper covered aluminum is not copper wire. Clamps are cheap and pop when spring shifts inside. If you want to give a $20 gift to some dummy get these for them.
Looks like a local store does better for real copper wire and real AWG 4.
Very disappointed and advise caution using cheap Booster cables. Don't buy this one if you need real quality.
on August 22, 2013
I ordered these witch no intention of using theses a jumper cables. I needed 4 Gauge Copper Wire. An I have been using 4 Gauge jumper cable wire in my project. The Price was great? Its not 4 gauge, 6 is what it gauges out as. Still Good Cables for a jumping off a car. Just not 4 gauge.
on November 29, 2013
Caught fire the first time I used them! First the plastic started smoking, then seconds later it caught fire. I have to use jumpers all the time on my old car and this has never happened before. As other posters have noted, the wire is not copper. The melted wire mess is clearly silver in color.
on February 28, 2014
Love these! I've used them three times since getting them. Despite being a AAA member these are a must for my car.

Likes:
- Length! At 20 ft I've been able to jump a vehicle by parking BEHIND it! Not next to it.
- gauge of wire plenty for even diesel truck jumping at this length

Dislikes:
- Didn't come with a storage bag, ordered one separately on Amazon which worked fine (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000022688/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_39)
on January 5, 2014
The 4 Gauge wire allows a few hundred Amps to pass through without effort. The heavy-duty rubberized clamps make outstanding connection. The 20 foot length is a luxury you may need once in a while. The convenient carry case just adds to the desireability of this set of Extreme Jumper Cables.

See 1 answered question