Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 8, 2008
I've purchased a Henkel's cleaver several years ago and though it is a good cleaver I never thought I would get one under $30.00 that would surpass a brand named cleaver! This Heavy Duty cleaver cuts through bone as easy as it cuts through meat and vegetables! Living in Hawaii we Huli Huli Pig a lot for parties and special events and this cleaver can chop up a whole pig in no time! My brother is an Executive Chef for a renown restaurant in Hawaii and he was impressed with the weight and cutting edge of this cleaver. I would recommend this cleaver to anyone who cooks for a living or for the home gourmet enthusiast.
on December 20, 2006
This is a massive kitchen cleaver, but it handles well enough for more delicate chores than just chopping up chickens or rib bones. The blade is razor sharp and slices veggies well. Mincing a few pounds of meat takes less time than it does to clean my meat grinder!
on April 28, 2007
I am in disbelief that I only paid $20 for this heavy, massive, beautifully made cleaver! It is a gorgeous thing, and HEAVY! Nicer than many of the knives I've paid 10 times that for! I can't WAIT to use it. Seriously - don't go out and pay $200 for a Henkels or F.Dick - get one of these monsters. Gorgeous. And The Wok Shop is getting my business from now on. I only ordered this cleaver and a few other items day before yesterday and here everything is, plus she put in a few free things. Everything is very high quality - I will buy from them in the future for certain.
on December 2, 2011
Shun? Henkels? The pattern welding on them may be nice, but don't be fooled: those aren't cleavers, they're works of art. This is the real deal. It's heavy, it's sharp, it'll cut right through bone, and doesn't treat you like a child. I don't even think it will break in my lifetime - more likely it will simply sharpen down to a nub before I get rid of it. One of the best kitchenware purchases I have ever made.

Edit on 9/3/13: I've loved this knife to death after using it to cut through bone-in short ribs for years, but it's become damaged. I'm not cutting a star, just giving some caution (I am re-ordering the knife). My girlfriend was using the cleaver and on the downstroke accidentally hit a ceramic pot, resulting in a large dent in the knife and a chip out of the ceramic. So, be careful. Other than that, I've used this knife regularly with no drop in performance. Like any carbon steel knife it's become stained with use, needs to be maintained with oiling and should be honed regularly (and sometimes in the middle of your cutting-fu session), but this was and has continued to be a very satisfying purchase.
on November 8, 2008
Great cleaver. Takes a razor edge but doesn't hold it as well as a higher end German knife (much less a Shun, japanese). This thing will replace your 8-10" chef knife if you let it. If you can handle the weight this puppy does it for you. You can chop, slice, mince, cleave, scoop, turn, beat and even use it as a spatula. As a line chef this was my go to during busy rushes, allowing me to perform a myriad of tasks with just one tool. Keep your steel handy though, the cleaver takes a great edge but is soft and needs frequent, light steeling on a fine steel to avoid having to hone it after heavy use....
on September 12, 2010
This is a fantastic, heavy cleaver: chops off heads, feet, and body parts quickly and efficiently. However it quickly becomes obvious that the money saved was in the quality of the metal. It will very quickly rust and discolor from blood and other liquids. No big deal. Just scrub it off, wash it, dry it, and its ready for use again. This is its only weakness I've noticed in the short time I've had one.
on February 20, 2009
I love this cleaver. It cuts through meat as if it was butter. Herbs, veggies, you name it this thing can slice right through it no problem. I attempted to cut one ham bone and it dented the blade. I knew I shouldn't have listened to my husband. "It's a cleaver, it'll cleave right through bones. That's what it's made for." Boy was he wrong, my poor meat cleaver. If you want to cut nice thin slices of meat or chop up some herbs, this is perfect. If you want to chop up some bones, beware and chop with caution.This may be okay for chopping smaller bones like chicken. I'll still use this cleaver to slice meat, perhaps I will take it to a knife shop and get it fixed.
on March 9, 2010
This is a great cleaver. Large, heavy, takes a razor edge. Makes chopping up a whole chicken a breeze - goes right through even the biggest bones.
on August 21, 2014
I sent my son who loves to cook one of these HD meat cleavers & a veggie cleaver. He loves his and I decided to get my own. It is a pleasure to cut things now using these cleavers. They are far sharper than my old knives and they seem to stay sharp fairly long too. I wash and dry them by hand--every time I use them so they don't rust. These are a really good buy for the price. They make a good gift -- include a sharpening kit. I can't imagine any cook that wouldn't love them.
on October 19, 2010
Substantial example of a classic chinese knife. Excellent weight and edge. Look forward to using it. Handle is a little rough, but this type of knife is designed so one might easily replace torn up/split/broken handles.