Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard|Change

on February 4, 2012
I read all the hate about this game and how it was an unrealistic rail shooter that you can't control your movement. I seen it compared to Area-51 and other rail shooters that I actually really enjoyed so I just assumed the people tearing it apart where just FPS fanatics that only like games like Resistance, so I went ahead and bought it.

Long story short, it's a very bad game with very cheesey voice overs. I played it with my gf for about an hour and haven't played it again since. I want to stress that I do enjoy rail shooters like Time Crisis and House of the Dead, but not this game.
on April 1, 2015
My son and I love this game. It's old school arcade action at home. With the Playstation Move Sharpshooter and a big screen tv, it's like I'm back at the arcade! Pick up, point, and pull the trigger! I also recommend these light gun shooters- RAMBO: The Video Game, Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear and House of the Dead: OVERKILL.
on August 3, 2012
I didn't buy this game through Amazon, I happened to purchase this at Wal-mart and have since regretted it. Heavy fire Afghanistan is not worth the money I spent on it, I consider this a learning lesson. It is a rail-shooter through and through. You can't control your movement and if you see ammo SHOOT IT FAST cuz you won't get the chance to get it later or anything for that matter, grenades and health. I played maybe 10 minutes of this game and already know that it just sucks. If I can't move my avatar or take cover when and where I need to then forget it. This game can sit here and grow dust. I would not recommend this game to anyone. If you need a break from games like COD or Battlefield, even Socom, try Sniper Ghost Warrior or even Spec Ops The Line, heck even I am Alive is a better game. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
on December 31, 2012
Sadly this game is not compatible with any GunCon controller and is probably best used with the Move controller, if only because using a standard controller will screw you during gameplay. During gameplay there will be instances where you need to "maneuver" either to clear obstacles or dodge incoming objects, debris, etc. But rather than having the option to use either the left or right stick, or even the D-pad, you're forced to use the controller's 6-axis feature, and this will almost always never be recognized by the game as you franticly shake your controller left or right to either dodge left or right. Sadly that takes away from the fun and ruins the experience of an otherwise decent rail shooter game.

It's not entirely bad, but it's not great either. It's a standard rail shooter with a few flaws when it comes to controls, but otherwise fun to pass the time, preferably with a friend.
on May 5, 2016
YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR MOVE!!!!!! THIS REALLY EATS IT!!!!! Now I am stuck with a game and money lost! The company that makes this game should just give up and go out of business. Please, nobody out there buy this crap of a game!
on November 23, 2011
This is not Call of Duty or Battlefield. Is it fun, yeah shooting bad guys is always fun. Graphics are too washed out. There are moments in the game, that the light is too bright you cannot make out the bad guys, so you're stuck wasting bullets on areas you think the bad guys are. I was hoping that it would be like time crisis, but your reload button is a separate button from you're cover button. So you have to hold the ps move button to get to cover, but have to let go, because the reload button is the (o) button. Meaning you get out of cover so you can reload. They should have automatic reload as well. Sure you can shake the controller, but then you lose your cursor. Horrible button placement made me not be able to finish the 3rd stage.
The game becomes more enjoyable if you have a secondary sub controller. So reloads and cover mechanic is handled that way, and you can just focus the PS move controller just to shoot.
The game has alot of levels, so it'll keep you busy for a while. The game also has timed movements which is pretty interesting. Like when a car comes barreling down towards you, you get prompted to dodge it by moving the controller to one side.
The guns lack the UMPF factor. So it feel like you are shooting a pee shooter.
Is it worth the 20 bucks..... HELL YEAH. I just outlined the stuff I find annoying, but for the low price it will keep you busy.
Its one of those games where I wish it was more arcadey than it is. Having the cover button be held with the motioning and reload button be different makes the game alot harder. Many of times I would go into cover, have to shake the controller to reload, then get shot a million times and die, while trying to simply reload.
on December 2, 2011
First off, if you are expecting a first person shooter along the lines of Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty, you will be disappointed. This game is straight up old school, on rails, shooter heaven. If you ever played a Time Crisis game, that is what you can expect from this. For the price this game is an excellent value. I'm surprised at how much content is in here. And the replay value as you try to prefect each level is high.

There are multiple ways you can play the game: with a regular controller, with a Move motion controller, with a Move motion controller and a regular controller, or the way the game was meant to be played, with a Move motion controller and navigation controller. You control aiming and firing with the motion controller, and reloading, throwing grenades, and ducking into cover with the navigation controller. Utilizing both those controllers gives you a great experience, and in my opinion is one of the best uses of the Move controllers I've played with. Occasionally you'll need to use the motion controller to jump over crates or duck out of the way of falling objects, and the implementation of these actions is done very well, with simple hand motions that are indicated on the screen.

The graphics are good, especially when you consider this is a $20 game. Pacing is excellent, you never linger too long on one section. The only knock I would give this game is for the gun sound effects. I agree with another reviewer that the gun sounds are rather flat, and don't sound realistic.

Other than that one flaw, I would highly recommend this title, especially when you consider the value you are getting for $20.
on September 1, 2014
Graphic aren't good. You aren't aloud to walk around. Its like you are on a set and can only shoot what pops up in front of you.To aim the gun is difficult as well. Waste of money!
on January 27, 2012
This is a classic "shooter on rails" style of shooter game. Sorta like a time crisis style game. I had a lot of fun beating this game 2 times and getting all the trophies to get the platinum. There are no collectables and its just a "play the game" type of game.

I really enjoyed it. It is not like COD or Battlefield and there is a reason it is priced inexpensive but for what I paid for it I got WAY more value out of it than it cost
on March 5, 2013
game sucks. i wouldn't buy it with someone else's funds, i anticipated getting it because of some good reviews but it was by far the worst ive ever played. save your money

See 1 answered question