5.0 out of 5 stars QUITE STURDY, VERY SMELLY
PROS:
- This is one solid piece of gear. No way can you accidentally bend this
- The paint/material is quite scratch resistant
- The screw to attach to camera mount is solid metal
- The size and weight to me are ideal

CONS:
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not make as much of a difference as I had hopped
As with other reviewers, I knew to leave this thing out for day to get rid of that harsh chemical smell. I also wiped the plastic bits with some soap and dried it immediately to prevent rusting.

Overall, it's just OK.

The Good:
cheap! you can't complain about the price point for this product to give you 2 shoes on the side of the camera...
Published 20 months ago by Fruitielicious

5.0 out of 5 stars QUITE STURDY, VERY SMELLY, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Heavy Duty Photography L Bracket with 2 Standard Flash Hot Shoe Mounts (Camera)
PROS:
- This is one solid piece of gear. No way can you accidentally bend this
- The paint/material is quite scratch resistant
- The screw to attach to camera mount is solid metal
- The size and weight to me are ideal

CONS:
- Chemical smell: I scoffed reviews complaining about this upon first opening the package, but after holding it an hour, my hand reeked and I empathized the complaints. Then, after leaving it in a room overnight, the room reeked even worse. Now I actually got sick on the fumes. Against my better judgement, knowing chemicals can actually make things worse, I tried a few compounds to no avail. I then took someone's advice and left this in the sun for 8 hours to no avail.

- HOW TO FIX THE ODOR: I used Bath and Body Works "Sensual Amber" Soap on the grip, scrubbed with toothbrush for 5 minutes, let it sit in the sink for an hour, then rinsed off,,,,,, and VOILA! No more odor! And my hand smelled sexy after using my camera too. LOL = ) This is all true!

- I am one of those VERY practical people who have cleaned, salvaged, and reused things all my life. If I say it works, it does, so do that trick. I AVOID modern over advertised cleaning products that destroy the environment. MOST times, alcohol, mineral oil, and other NATURAL based solvents clean it all. In this case, it was a body soap that my wife gave me that I had noted was so strong after showering with it, that I smelled fresh and sensual for hours each day from one little drop. I thought, "man, if this gets rid of my body odor, than this has got to work on this camera handle"... it did!!! My wife bought it for less than on Amazon, but you can get it here for 11 bucks and it takes only one droplet per shower, so it lasts over a year. Then you can use it on this camera handle LOL = )

- Honestly, any good smelling soap will do the trick, but use a toothbrush on it too scrub, and let sit with soap on it a while. DO NOT use cleaning products as it can make it worse by breaking down the chemical materials in the handle itself and spread even stronger odor along with breaking down the material itself.

HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Piece of Gear but ..., February 12, 2012
This is a very well constructed piece of equipment with one caveat - there is a very noticeable chemical smell coming from the rubbery plastic handle. I have used alcohol wipes to no avail. If you're using this outdoors, it isn't so bad but indoors is another story. If I put the handle in my camera bag, the smell seems to linger in there as well. I hope it will eventually go away because the bracket is very solidly built and the hotshoe mounts seem sturdy. I would recommend this product as long as the buyer is aware of the chemical odor. If the chemical smell was not present, this would be a solid 5 star product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy. Inexpensive., February 12, 2013
Like the title says, it's very sturdy and great for the price. It's a great way to add your shotgun mic or light for video or interviews. The grip feels good and gives you more stability for your shots.

Con: I would only warn that the screw adapter keeps you from just setting the camera down. Luckily, if you're wearing a strap/sling/brace, it's not a huge issue. Also, it's so simple and expedient to take off - it's really a non-issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bracket, January 6, 2012
Do42 (ATLANTA, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This bracket allows you to attache TWO additional items to a camcorder that lacks a flash bracket. The bottom of the bracket has a 1/4 thread that a tripod screw will screw into. Perfect!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell..., March 4, 2012
The rubber handle is treated with what I can only imagine is an anti-mold compound for use in shipping different types of cargo over seas. I opened the box and left it on the porch for two days to let it air out. The smell did dissipate. Some foreign cars have similar issues with smell as their engines are treated while shipped via ocean going cargo ships.

It's a nice, sturdy support. Two shoe attachments (not hot). Perfect for my H2 audio recorder (with shoe adapter sold seperately) and Video Light.

*Update... took it off my camera and saw that it cracked the base of the camera. I think the screw may be a millimeter or two too long. Buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Build, December 2, 2011
Rockwell (CLEARFIELD, UTAH, United States) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with this bracket. It is solid, heavy metal. The handle is great. And the hotshoe mounts are welded to the the bracket, which makes them very sturdy. i will probably buy a second one. I use this on my canon t3i, and it holds my led lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine. Smell not as bad as some say., March 14, 2013
This product is just fine. Some people complained about the smell. Yes, it has a rubber smell when you remove it from the plastic. But it does not make the room smell bad or anything. I am sure you can use something to make the smell go away, but it is not a big deal. Don't let that keep you from buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for gopro fans and others..., March 30, 2013
I purchased this over a year ago and just purchased my second. I somehow misplaced the original 1/4 tripod mount but the product itself still is as new. That's after 12 months of some pretty rough handling. For the price, this thing is simply amazing. Makes me feel like a serious film maker! I love it. Use it mostly for small cameras like my canon elph and gopro. In addition to the camera I can attach a microphone and light, you can see my set up above in the customer gallery. Would purchase again and recommend a million times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended, March 15, 2013
Good product. Works as intended. No problems with shoe glue so far - durable construction. Can be installed on tripod with camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7bucks, April 18, 2014
7Bucks and it holds my external flash and ring light while my hot shoe mount on my 7D is being used by my Rode Video Mic. The material is nice and sturdy feels good in my hand and works pretty good to stabilize your video (with some practice, plus a flip out LCD screen helps a lot) All around this is a damn good products for general use!! Completely satisfied!