Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2013
The idea is a good one but so many of these substitutes are items I would less have a chance of being in my kitchen than the item I am trying to substitute in the first place. Also, after you have spent the money buying it, the terms of service are actually Google's which I have a major issue with. But if I spend the money first and then disagree, it seems I have lost the money and get no application. I suggest terms of service presented first, and if you disagree you ate not charged and you get no application. All software and applications should work that way in my opinion.
on August 27, 2013
This will not disappoint you! This is that elusive section at the back of a cookbook that you madly search for when you're wrist-deep in pizza dough and just realized you're totally out of cream of tartar, and an immediate substitution is dinner's only hope. As if that wasn't enough, this app will also clearly and concisely explain what on Earth cream of tartar actually is. Being the food nerd that I am, I was smitten with the definition of each listed item that was provided...and promptly began reading that entire list. P.S. you can submit feedback and suggestions. Love it!
on May 30, 2012
saved me from going to the store and causing dinner to be late. very useful if you run out of ingredients!
on December 1, 2012
I use this app all the time when I need a cooking substitute! It was a great price too -- FREE!!
on February 18, 2013
It is great for a quick reference on food substitutions. However, it is kind of limited. It will be better as they add more foods.
on September 11, 2013
My husband and I spend several months a year in a small fishing village in the Baja. While they have a good grocery store, it doesn't contain as much merchandise as the big superstores we are used to having in the U.S. Having this app providing substitutes and alternatives has been really helpful when I can't find the exact ingredient I'm looking for.
on October 2, 2014
Love it!

I am going to use it regularly, especially for spices. My spice rack is filled. It's big enough for any non-OCD person, so I don't want to buy any more spices.

Of course, some recipes call for a spice I don't have, maybe a spice that I've never even heard of. So I'll look it up in this app, and Bob's your uncle!

My only concern is that I don't want to spill vinegar or something on my Kindle Fire.
on January 14, 2013
very good, it covers a lot of items, I am very happy with the app. food substitutes thanks for this
on January 22, 2014
I Love, LOVE, LUV this app. It is a must for any of you cooks out there that do not have time to stop what you are doing to run to the store for a missing ingredient. There is a lot of good information about the foods. Check out the video.
on January 6, 2014
i HAVE THIS ON MY kINDLE FIRE AND IT HAS HELPED ME OUT MORE THAN
ONE JAM WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE AN INGREDENT. iT IS EASY TO USE AND i THINK
A MUST HAVE IF YOU COOK A LOT. i JUST LOVE IT.

GAIL