Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 11, 2014
Let me first to say BRAVO! Bravo to the whole team but particularly to Lena Hall. She transformed for the role and brought the theater to tears with her brief rendition of "I Will Always Love You". The show was AMAZING and you felt the dedication and love NPH put into the character. One of the best theatrical experiences of my life. The recording is a fun way to remember it all. I am praying someone like HBO tapes this show before the curtain falls forever so a wider audience can enjoy.
on July 10, 2014
I was in NYC to see his show, and it was THE BEST SHOW I had ever seen. I've seen quite a few shows, Broadway or not, and it blew my mind. Neil Patrick Harris is not the best singer, but he embodied Hedwig. And Lena Hall, oh my. She was absolutely amazing. I just got this CD in mail, and I'm getting chills all over again as I listen. When they were singing "lift up your hands" in Midnight Radio, everyone had their hands and tears were streaming down my face. The air was electric, and I felt such pride in who I am. Nothing but love.
on June 17, 2014
Just saw the performance last week in NY and it was nothing short of incredible. This is a bit revamped so if you are used to the original soundtrack with JCM you might be taken back a little bit but it is fantastic. NPH was the perfect choice and I can see why they put this on hold to wait on him to finish How I Met Your Mother. Five stars all the way!!!
on June 15, 2014
Glorious. I saw the matinee the day of the Tonys. So fantasic. NPH morphed into Hedwig. As a long time fan of Hedwig and the Angry Inch this revamping of the musical was perfection.
on June 15, 2014
I was fortunate enough to see Neil Patrick Harris perform the role of Hedwig live on Broadway, and I couldn't wait for the cast album to be released. The singing is just as wonderful as I remember it from the live production. Neil Patrick Harris and Lena Hall sing with such emotion, that you can imagine being in the theater and watching them on stage!
on December 6, 2015
What \can I say.. this show has changed my life. This soundtrack is amazing in every way! Neil's voice is so smooth and he carries the notes so well, but also provides the rock and roll edge that IS Hedwig. The music is so beautiful that no matter how many times I listen to these songs, the notes touch my soul like it was the first time.
on June 30, 2015
This album was a disappointment. The show on Broadway packs a powerful punch... the music is dynamic and can simply TAKE you. In contrast, the music and songs on this recording come across as much less energetic. You DO get a much better feeling for the lyrics by listening to this recording as opposed to seeing the show, but the recording really misses the vibrant energy of the live performance in a very significant way.
on August 13, 2014
I am a long time fan of Hedwig and first saw the film back in 2001 and many times since then. I was thrilled to learn that Neil Patrick Harris would be playing the role Hedwig in New York. I looked into going but between the price of the tickets, the airfare out to New York and not to mention hotel, it was going to be prohibitively expensive. So why not settle for the next best thing? I was not disappointed when I got the CD. The band was exceptional and NPH's vocals are awesome! The guitar playing is just sick (you can tell the guitars were cranked) and much heavier than I remember on the original soundtrack from the film. I recommend this product to anyone who is a fan of Hedwig and the Angry Inch... a must have!
on July 16, 2014
I saw the show live during it's previews in April. Neil Patrick Harris, Lena Hall, and company are phenomenal! I haven't had a day go by that the songs haven't been stuck in my head! Wonderful musical, fabulous cast! Highly recommend!
on July 11, 2014
Neil Patrick harris is amazing! I first fell in love with Hedwig on the tony's when he song Sugar daddy live! and I have to say the live version is a faster speed better then the prerecorded one. but I LOVE the soundtrack ! I haven't deleted a single song from the album off my ipod yet! and I love dancing to Sugar daddy! all day long! so glad he won a tony!