5.0 out of 5 stars Works Exactly as Advertised
Published on September 20, 2010 by Dr. Bojan Tunguz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Good
Way too sticky for intended purpose. This item is like double sided tape!!! Will work great if you use it as double sided tape. In a one handed operation, this thing is a real problem. It comes up with the cell phone. Not recommended.
Published on March 7, 2012 by Spaceman

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Exactly as Advertised, September 20, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I've had many close calls with putting objects on my dashboard and seeing them fly off when I hit a curve or came to a more sudden stop. So when I got this mat I couldn't wait to try it out and see if it works as advertised. I put it on the dashboard in my car, placed several objects of various sizes and weights, and went for a drive around town. The objects that I put were a hefty lock, my iPhone 3GS, and a small plastic figurine. I deliberately entered a couple of curves at speeds that were a bit on the high end (don't try this at home), and to my amazement not only did the items on my dashboard not move, I couldn't even see them oscillate one bit! In other words this mat works exactly as advertised.

The material that the mat is made out of is very rubbery and sticky. It is also extremely stretchy and flexible, and it conforms to almost any size or shape dashboard. If there is any accumulation of dirt or dust this can be easily wiped with a wt cloth. I only wish the mat were a bit bigger - it could come in handy when I place a magazine or large format book on my dashboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love about this pad?, September 21, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Simple product? Yes... but it sure does impress when in use.

You'd think it was a magnet the way it holds on to items placed on it, really sticky but with no residue on items or fingers, just sticky rubber mat.

It works, and that is saying something these days.

Note that any item placed on the mat that is round or cylindrical COULD still roll if it's heavy enough and you go around a corner hard enough. Flat items with smooth surfaces..... can't see them moving until you pick them up.

It will also stick dirt, lint etc but easy to wash off and after it's dry, back to sticky again.

Make sure you clean/dust the area you want to place the pad or it might not stick as well for you. Not sure you want to place it on a dash that has had "shiner" spray put on it, might make it slip and slide.

I've already found uses for it outside the car dash/center console. If you work with small tools or parts on a table top or smooth workbench, it will keep tools and small parts from moving around and are right where you put them.

I'm sure there are many other uses as well. Nice product.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, September 23, 2010
Agatha Kristy "•The secret of getting a... (•Coffee in England always tastes like a chemistry experiment.) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before I had a chance to get this in the car and on the dashboard to check it out, my Husband decided he had to play with it first.
He has had problems with our cat sitting on top of his closed laptop, so he sat the DashGrip on top of his laptop and waited. When the cat jumped on the laptop, she landed on the sticky DashGrip, she has not been on his laptop since! Since it was then covered in cat hair, he rinsed it off, and it cleaned up EASILY.
He sat it on the coffee table and put a remote control on it and left the room, when he came back about 5 minutes later, he had to pull very hard to get the remote off of the DashGrip, yet the DashGrip peeled right up off the coffee table with ease.
He then put it on top of our TV, since it is a rear projection TV the top is sloped. He stuck the PS3 to the DashGrip and played video games for awhile. He was very impressed by how strong a hold it has!
When I finally managed to get the DashGrip away from him and put it in the car, it worked AMAZINGLY well! This has to be one of my new favorite "why hasn't anyone thought of this before" products!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, March 7, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds items TOO well., November 10, 2010
EC (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heininger 1065 CommuteMate DashGrip (Automotive)
This item is the perfect size for its place on my dash. I mainly purchased this item so that I could place my cellphone on it while on speaker phone. I agree that this items holds everything REALLY well. I have a hard case on my cellphone. If I try to remove my cellphone from the CommuteMate DashGrip, my phone is completely stuck to the pad and I have to PEEL it off. I've had this item for about a week and it may work a little more to my liking if some dust settles on it to fight the super stickiness. All in all, if you just want a dash grip pad to put your items on and not need to remove it so often, this works.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare product that does what it claims!, October 26, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little DashGrip is a great value and a handy item to have in your car or workshop.
I was afraid it might damage the dash of my husband's new car so we tested it in my much older car first.
The mat sticks to the dash without leaving any residue or discoloration when mat is removed (and it was on dash on several 96+ degree days in a row). It cleans up easily when pet hair/dust build up on it.
We haven't found anything that it doesn't anchor well, and find that it grips heavier/bulky items like a smart phone very, very well...have to really intend to remove it for it to come off of the pad. Even round barrel pens stick!
Also used it to hold tiny parts of a fishing reel I took apart to clean. Another great use for this inexpensive and highly useful item which now resides permanently in husband's new car.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Heininger 1065 CommuteMate DashGrip (Automotive)
This started to melt onto my dash and anything that was stuck to it. I also noticed my dashboard was much darker where the dashgrip had been. I'm hoping the sun will bleach out the dark area now that I've removed it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my car., November 11, 2010
Laura I (Fairchild AFB, WA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I drive a Toyota Yaris, and I'll just say it's one of the more "affordable" cars out there. The dashboard is sort of steep and made out of plastic with an imitation grain leather look. I tried placing my GPS and my cell phone on the mat, and at first I thought "awesome, this thing works!". Until I had to take a turn, and then my GPS went flying. It's a neat idea, but it didn't work with my car. It might work better with a dashboard that isn't as steep, or that's real leather. I'm not sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item, October 21, 2010
Ursula (COLUMBIA, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know how many times I have retrieved items from the floor (when passenger of course!) that fell off my dash. I have a VW Jetta with a curved dash so whatever gets put on there will fall off. It's great for my iPhone or glasses. It felt weird at first and it stuck to the plastic it was wrapped in so I was worried about damaging the dash. But it comes right off. It's not particularly pretty and would be better if it came in something besides black which is why I gave it a 4 rather than a 5.

The only concern I have is will it attract dust and dirt after a while? To be continued.

All in all I would give it 2 thumbs up!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not stick to car's dashboard, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Heininger 1065 CommuteMate DashGrip (Automotive)
If you expect it to stick to your car's dashboard then look elsewhere. Items placed on the pad do hold good as long as the pad is placed on a almost flat surface.

Heininger 1065 CommuteMate DashGrip