5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!
Published on May 26, 2012 by C. Lindsey

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too salty
As a diabetic, I was thrilled to see this available. Unfortunately, they seemed to compensate for the lack of sugar with lots of saltiness. I do like LOTS of ketchup on my fries, so this might not effect people who only need a little ketchup. Still, I'll stick with the organic Heinz.
Published 9 months ago by OWU497

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Heinz Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup, 13 oz (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
This is a fantastic product that I buy whenever I buy ketchup. Maybe it is not as sweet as regular ketchup, and I'm not a huge ketchup lover, and part of that has always been that disgusting moment when you bite into something and realized it's basically got corn syrup on it. Old ketchup used to have enough sugar in it to balance the acidity and saltiness, but since the advent of corn syrup, it just seemed to me like you could dip your fries in Karo syrup. (Sorry for the rant, :) Anyway, while low carb dieting, I discovered that there were lots of meats to eat, but sometimes it is a drag to eat a plain burger or steak. What really motivated me was when I made a pork roast into pulled pork and realized you can't make it into really barbeque because that would totally blow your carbs when you add sauce. So, I found this ketchup and created my own barbecue and steak sauce which basically involves using this product mixed with other ingredients including Liquid Smoke. Viola! An ultra-low carb BBQ/steak sauce.

Granted the price fluctuates wildly here on Amazon, depending on the seller and the shipping costs. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is widely available at the big bad box store we all love to hate, and thank goodness for it. I had just had to give a shout out this product, and the Heinz folks, because this fills a need, however you get it to your house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, October 5, 2011
It does taste just like regular Heinz ketchup. It's hard to believe that it's just one carb. The only problem is the cost. Try it: you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heinz Reduced Suger Tomato Ketchup, August 11, 2011
E. Enokawa (Honolulu, Hawaii United States) - See all my reviews
Awesome product from Heinz. Tastes just like regular Heinz Ketchup. Good for people who need to watch their sugar intake or who just want to cutdown on their sugar intake. Since I also make my own salad dressings to control my sugar, I use this in my homemade dressisngs. Will definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars cj, May 15, 2011
It has a great flavor. My diet requires that I cut down on sugar intake. Heinz products are the best. There can never be a product to replace or substitute the quality that Heinz offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously this tastes like "real" ketchup, May 25, 2013
Gary Roelli (Shullsburg, Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
I have diabetes and struggle to maintain a decent blood sugar. Whatever I can do to cut my sugar intake and still keep close to normal taste I will do. This product is a "no brainer". It tastes like normal ketchup. It's great with French Fries, on burgers or hot dogs/brats. Works great on meatloaf. Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars great alternative to regular ketchup, March 9, 2013
If you're looking to save a few calories here and there, this is a great way to do so. If there's a difference in taste at all (not that I've compared side-by-side) it's insignificant. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars no differene, November 4, 2012
I am a diabetic snd I love my ketchup. This is my second time ordering this product and you cannot tell the difference between this and regular regular ketchup - Leslie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
It was just what I needed; most stores have no room on the shelves for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars forget the other stuff, this is the real deal!, June 27, 2014
MB "MB" (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
A bodybuilding forum turned me on to this version, i never knew this existed before. This ketchup has a much better taste, it is not sweet tasting but almost something like sweet and sour but not exactly. Goes great with eggs in the morning or hamburgers or into stir fry. Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ketchup, June 16, 2014
I don't even know why people would buy the full sugar one!! This lower sugar ketchup tastes as good if not better then it full sugar brother. I am on a low carb diet and this helps me so much. I still have my burger with ketchup and not worry that it is gonna make my carb count or my insulin level go through the roof. If you love ketchup but cant have all the carbs and sugar get this product...you will not be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›