Love in a Cold Climate 1 Season 1980
Amazon Instant Video
1. Child Hunt The gaggle of Radlett girls and their friends are filled with excitement of the season and an unquenched curiosity about married life. Their eccentric childhood includes Lord Alconleigh "hunting" his offspring with bloodhounds for exercise.
2. Coming Out Polly Montdore has grown into a haughty beauty, aloof to everyone, but dear to the Radlett girls. As her coming-out ball and the following year progress, Polly and her confidante Linda Radlett pursue matrimony--but not with the men their parents selected.
3. Rings and Things Despite disapproval from both families, Linda and Tony are determined to marry. Sonia's patience is strained as her daughter and husband stand their ground. Meanwhile, Polly resists her mother's meddling to pick a husband--until she meets Boy Dougdale.
4. The Merry Widower Linda is trapped in a loveless marriage, and her in-laws refuse to let her to spend her pregnancy with her family. Polly's wedding to Boy Dougdale dissolves into disaster as Lady Montdore faces her estate's title falling into the hands of an unknown heir.
5. Heir Apparent Cedric Hampton arrives at Hampton, thrilled and determined to make Lady Montdore a decent companion. Polly retreats to Sicily with her new husband but finds the heat stifling as her marriage cools. Christian Talbot, a penniless communist, wins Linda over.
6. Foreigners Are Fiends Lady Montdore throws a Venetian ball featuring more than one startling revelation. The success buoys her mood enough to reconcile with Polly, who is consoling the loss of Boy's baby with a new admirer. Linda follows Christian to a refugee camp in France.
7. Monsieur Le Duc Penniless and stranded in Paris, Linda struggles to recover from her second failed marriage. A stranger at a train station offers aid, sparking a friendship. As the chance of a full-blown affair blooms, the onset of war threatens to separate the lovers.
8. In Love and War In 1940, the Radletts are all doing their part for the war effort: Aunt Sadie stores crates for the Museum; Uncle Matt drills Defense Volunteers; and in London, Linda waits for Fabrice, despite his pleas that she retreat to the countryside for safety.
|Starring||Vivian Pickles, Michael Cochrane|
|Supporting actors||Judi Dench, Michael Aldridge, Michael Williams, John Moffatt, Rosalyn Landor, Lucy Gutteridge, Isabelle Amyes, Leon Eagles, Job Stewart, Yolande Palfrey, Rebecca Saire, Ralph Lawson, Christopher Scoular, Richard Hurndall, Peter Howell, Jennifer Lonsdale, Max Harris|
|Producers||Ian Elsey, Gerald Savory|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I can't really view this. I bought the first episode, but it just didn't grab me and I was surprised. I may give it another shot later.Published 5 months ago by Lisa
The old, best version of the filmed novels. Yes, the acting is a little stilted, but seems to work with the script, which uses a lot of the dialogue in the book. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Traveler
The video is not worth a comment. It was very poor quality and the story line was ridiculous. Waste of money.Published 6 months ago by Kayakblue
Once I caught on to the gist of the plot, it was ok. However, it did plod along . At times it was very tiring. I had to watch it in fits and starts, otherwise, it put me to sleep.Published 8 months ago by twinkle
This series has the spirit of the books. The images that my memory has retained since 1981 were awakened with all the delight that they encountered at the first viewing all those... Read morePublished 9 months ago by ian