Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: o/sColor: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on March 31, 2015
Two 14" sections of 1" PVC pipe, notch a hole into each end large enough to be able to insert the feet under mild tension. Helinox bag has plenty of room to include these two pipes, you'll never sink into the mud again.
review image
11 comment71 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
I as looking for a small chair that I could keep in my motorcycle's saddlebag. The problem is that I am over 6'4" at 225 pounds. Of course, the Gold Standard for motorcycle chairs is the Kermit Chair. However, while worth it, the chairs are expensive and do not fold as small as the Helinox Chair.

The Helinox Chair did the trick for me. Even at my size, this chair was very comfortable even after over an hour of sitting. The chair is very well made, very lightweight, packs very small, and even looks good. After looking at the REI chair of similar design, I found that this seems to be more robust at the critical points. There is an online review of the REI chair where the chair failed in the webbing whereas this chair seems to be quite strong there.

This would also be a great backpacking chair.
0Comment81 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2013
I saw a similar chair like this at an REI store and immediately thought I had to have one for backpacking. I never thought that those tripod style chairs would be that wonderful for backpacking. You just as well sit on a log given where I backpack in the Colorado Rockies. I went home and started researching these chairs when I ran across the Helinox version. I saved my money and bought one thru amazon.

I must say this chair is remarkable. I am 5'-10" and 250 pounds and I don't worry about whether this chair will hold up. It is practically bullet-proof in its construction. The pockets that receive the DAC rods where you'd expect the most stress are reinforced with a very strong material. The stitching reminds you of what you see on climbing equipment or high quality backpacks. Each of the 4 corners are reinforced with thick padding so that nothing pokes into your shoulders or thighs while you're sitting. The shape of the chair is perfect and comfortably seats your tired bum after a long hike. You could easily fall asleep in this chair. The DAC rod technology is amazing for its light weight and strength. The high impact plastic haunches where the rods come together is also well constructed and cleverly designed. You can set-up and take down the chair from its carry pouch in less than 30 seconds. It takes a bit of effort to force the rods into the pockets, but once they are in there you don't worry they will pop out.

If there is one draw-back it would be that the chair feels a little wobbly when you first sit in it or shift around a bit. But that is least to be expected for a chair weighing less than 2 pounds. I don't believe it makes the chair unstable at all. It is good to have the chair on fairly level ground and depending on the soil the legs will sometimes sink into the ground. But in some cases that might not be all that bad. I like that it sits off the ground a little higher than the other chairs like this. It makes it easy to get in and out of, plus I think it enhances a more comfortable sitting position. Yes, this chair is a little pricey, but I have to say that it is one of the best $90 I ever spent. I am one of those backpackers that like to sacrifice a little weight for comfort and this is one comfortable chair. My hat's off to the designers of this one.
0Comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
I bought 2 of these chairs to use at an upcoming local event called Food Truck Friday. Basically, a bunch of gourmet food trucks line up in an old neighborhood and they sell artisan burgers, tacos, and similar food. People go from truck to truck getting food, then sit down in a nearby park and enjoy live music and any cold beverages they might've brought along. I was looking for chairs that would pack up small enough to go in a backpack (with a 6-pack of beer), would be lightweight, and would be sturdy enough to hold me (I weigh around 230 lbs). These chairs worked PERFECTLY.

Pros:
-Each chair folds up into a relatively small pouch (unlike the collapsing camp chairs that are still unwieldy to carry in their full length pouch).
-The pouch has plenty of attachment points on it. I used the daisy chains on each one on to attach them to my bag, but I could've also threaded one of my pack straps through the loops at either end of the pouch
-They are lightweight
-They set up very fast
-They are strong enough to handle up to 350 lbs (I didn't have a problem in either chair, although I'm nowhere near their limit)
-They are surprisingly comfortable
-Should be useful for a number of applications: tailgating, outdoor concerts, camping/hiking, possibly the beach (the feet might sink too far in the sand, though).

Cons:
-No cupholder
-They are short, so they do seat you lower to the ground
-A table version has yet to be released (but may be available later this summer?)

One more thing to mention: I bought these using overnight shipping option (+$3.99 if you're a prime member) the THURSDAY night before the FRIDAY evening event. Amazon had these to me by lunch the next day. I was incredibly impressed by the shipping speed, but I wasn't surprised; Amazon Prime shipping has saved my bacon before when I've needed last minute birthday presents, extra clothing/supplies for a trip, etc. If you do a lot of online shopping, you owe it to yourself to become an Amazon Prime member.
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
I have had this chair for over a year and have really put it through its paces. From camping in all four seasons, hiking out to remote spots to take pics and taken along on motorcycle trips the Helinox chair is amazing. I bring this thing everywhere now. Due to it's ultra compact size it makes it very easy to pack, stack and carry. I did a ton of research for a video review I did on my youtube channel and found some very interesting information about the company that makes this. Located in South Korea, the Dongah Aluminum Corporation pioneered a new alloy they call TH72M. It's extremely strong and due to the advanced mechanical properties it can be made with a reduced thickness making it super light and less prone to stress cracking.
Here is the video I made with more information if your interested.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2014
I purchased this chair for motorcycle camping and chose it primarily because of the weight capacity and packed size. There are other camp chairs that are similar like the REI Flex Lite and Alite Mantis, but they both have a weight rating of 250lbs. While a lot of people fit into that category, I am 6'6" and 290lbs and the Helinox is the only chair of this style that I found that would support me with a rating of 320lbs. Also, the Helinox does not cost much more than the REI chair and costs less than the Mantis. When I received it I was skeptical and let my wife and a friend sit in the chair first as they are both considerably lighter than me; but I was pleasantly surprised at how stable and comfortable it was when I sat down in it.

I haven't used the chair on any long trips but I have set it up and packed it a couple of times and it takes about 30 seconds to set up and break down. Today I sat in the chair for about an hour while watching a show and it works great. It is more comfortable to me when I prop my feet up between 6" to 12".

Overall I am very impressed with the quality of the materials and the size that it packs down to. I hope it will be as durable as it looks and feels.
on December 10, 2014
As a big dude (6'4'' 260lb), I had alot of skepticisms about this chair. It turns out, it is AMAZING! Super comfortable, just enough flex to slightly lean forward and back, tall enough it didnt feel like I was squatting, very strong and super light! Granted its not as light as a foam pad, or inflatable, but after long hikes, I didnt want to sit on the ground. Fits great in the quality (but light) bag it comes in too. For me, its ABSOLUTELY worth the added weight to my pack!
on June 18, 2014
This chair packs up small. I can fit this chair and a Helinox Table into my Osprey Daylite and STILL have room for an Alite Mantis chair. I brought all that in the daypack to Ravinia (an outdoor summer concert venue outside of Chicago). Pair this chair with the Helinox Table, you get a side table with 2 integrated cupholders.

Setup & tear-down may "seem" complicated at first. After a few practice runs at home, it's easy to figure out. It may take a minute or so longer than with large camping chairs, but you can't beat the size when packed away, especially when wading through a concert crowd before and at the end of the evening.

This chair is comfortable. You can lean back, relax & enjoy the day. If you have bad knees or difficulty getting up, you might want to see if you can check this chair out before investing some of your hard-earned money on it. It is lower to the ground (about 12-13") than some camping chairs. However, compared to the Alite Mantis, it's slightly higher. The legs/feet hold up well, but on softer ground (sand, wet dirt, etc), it can sink. You can avoid it by placing something with a wider surface area under each leg (e.g. disc). It is similar to the REI brand, but this one is slightly wider, giving you more of a seating area. It is very lightweight, so a gust of wind can knock it over if no one is sitting in it.

It's pretty handy to even keep in the car. I would recommend this chair for picnics, outdoor movie nights, outdoor summer concerts, etc. I have yet to take this chair camping, but I would bring this in a heartbeat!
on January 11, 2013
Received Helinox Chair One as a Christmas present from son after laying many "hints" around that it was what I wanted. Have to say that this is the ultimate alternative to the kermit chair that a lot of motorcycle campers use - especially if you only plan on the usage being about 30 camping days per year of use. My main need was small size yet comfortable - the Helinox fits both requirements. The longevity of the chair will depend on if you take reasonable care of the chair as you probably do with your tent/tent poles.... Would highly recommend this chair for any need for a ultra lightweight yet comfortable chair that can hold up to 320 lbs. according to their instructions.
on November 18, 2012
I was looking for a small light weight camp chair for motorcycle trips. Many friends use the Kermit chair -- way too heavy. I ordered and received quickly. I showed this chair off at the recent RawHyde Adventure Days. Made a lot of campers jealous. Truly a great use of technology.