Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on February 8, 2010
I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting when I ordered this book - well, aside from interesting recipes from some of my favorite bands.

But I will admit, the recipes are interesting - and I've learned about some bands I've never heard of before, as well as some rather unusual dishes - the most unusual being "Candied Sweetbreads on a Bed of Seared Heart", provided by GWAR member Balzac The Jaws Of Death. (Be warned, though, the term sweetbreads has absolutely nothing to do with baked goods!)

You've got some dishes that would be considered traditional metalhead food in here: Incinerator Chicken Wings, the Fried Egg Rigor Mortis Cure, BBQ Pork Ribs, Mummified Jalapeno Bacon Bombs, and Welfare Nachos, to name a few.

Then you've got some fancy dishes, the kind you wouldn't expect to find at a metalhead gathering (good examples include the recipes for Sunday Brunch Lamb Roast, Prawn Bisque, and Roast Beef with Green Beans).

You've also got dishes from other countries - Roti Jala for one, Marinated Hermelin Cheese for another, and Whisky Demon Bacalao for a third.

Thus far, I've not tried many of the recipes in the book owing to lack of time, but those I've tried have turned out excellent.

The book itself has some decent weight to it, and the pages are glossy and thick - in my opinion, perfect for when you need to refer to it while cooking, as spills and splatters wipe off easily and don't get a chance to soak in. In addition, Annick Giroux's "Morbid Chef Notes" provide some valuable tips and insights into how best to cook the dishes in this book.

If you like cooking and you love heavy metal, you'll likely enjoy this book. (You may even enjoy it even if you DON'T like heavy metal!)
on April 4, 2011
I wanted this book because I thought it would be kitschy and funny.
It is both of those, but it's also a badass collection of international recipes. Everything I've made from this book so far has been nothing short of fantastic.

This thing is ridiculously well-planned and simple. Every recipe has a beautiful picture and band bio, plus Annick (after making each recipe) added her own notes and tips.

Hellbent for Cooking is great, meaty deliciousness, and I love it.
on February 23, 2013
awesome recipes- bought this for my son The Heavy Metal Cripple- He had me making all sorts of those recipes! Thank you for a nice product, nice format and nice paper for the book- Thanks for your speedy shipment- highly recommend
on January 12, 2015
Honestly, I have only made the guacamole from this book, but it turned out very good. It's also just a fun and visually appealing cookbook with nice photography. There's even a small section of recipes that contain a certain special herb.
on October 4, 2014
bought this for my husband who is both a culinary arts and metal music enthusiast. Both of us have tried recipes from the book and are pleased with the ease of execution of said recipes as well as how delicious they turn out!!!! The book is set up very logically and user friendly plus has fun facts about the musicians who contributed the recipes and the country of origin. (So this is also a great way to try your hand at making somewhat exotic foods!!) Not only that, the book is a great conversation piece when we have guests over and people enjoy looking through it. I only wish I had found this sooner!!!!
on August 31, 2012
Being a headbanger and a wannabe-cook on the weekends, i must say that this book is awesome. It is very well edited, and it has -literally- all kinds of recipes. From the cheap, rough and simple pasta created by Orlok from Dutch band Countess to the expensive norwegian lamb dish "fårikål", by Hellhammer from Mayhem, the book covers some of the most traditional cuisine from all over the world with lots of humor and thousands of metal references. Recommended.
on March 15, 2012
Hmm, well...I would say for a metal head this is a MUST OWN cookbook however, the recipes are...eh. Little off the wall, lot of them I probably won't make. The book itself is really awesome how it's put together! There are pix of all the food, skull and crossbones page numbers, nice, nice, high quality book! It's MUCH cooler LOOKING than my other metal cookbook "Mosh Potatoes" but....that one has WAYYYYY better recipes and from better known metal artists. All in all...it's like $12 bucks...WORTH IT for any metalhead but you probably won't use it much. ;)
on July 7, 2013
so far i've tried three recipes, and they're AWESOME! i like to cook a lot, and all these recipes are totally complete, ensuring that the recipes should work for just about anyone provided they pay attention and read the recipe. annick giroux's comments are very useful too, if you ever get stuck or want to put a twist on the recipe
on January 5, 2011
I gave this as a gift and we read the entire book that day. The recipes and titles are hilarious, as are the descriptions by the artists. Absolutely love it and even if you don't cook from it, it's a great tabletop book.
on April 1, 2013
What a cool cookbook! Much nicer than I expected it to be. These recipes look just awesome! And this is so well done. Highly recommended product--very nice book. Buy now!