5.0 out of 5 stars Mistake on previous comment
Made a mistake in my previous comment. It didn't apply to this purchase. My apologies
Published 2 months ago by Carlos M. Díaz

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recomend
I bought this for my 9 yr old daughter. I thought with the higher pixel count it would take a decent picture but not so. You could have twice the pixels and would still take a lousey picture because there is no image stablization software. Even if she holds it as still as possible we have a hard time getting a decent image.
Published on February 17, 2009 by moman4kids

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recomend, February 17, 2009
This review is from: Hello Kitty 87009 5.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not worth it!, February 17, 2009
J. Schenk "amznian" (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
The picture quality on this camera is horrible! The flash doesn't stay on and you have to press the flash button and take the picture quickly before it automatically shuts off again. Luckily my 5yr old doesn't care about things like this and doesn't even realize this cameras short comings. The only bright spot of this camera is the interchangeable Hello Kitty faceplates. If not for that, I would be more apt to buy the 8.2 mp Kodak for about $20 more. If you or child actually care about picture quality though, spend the extra money and buy the pink Kodak! Fortunately I have a decent camera and can make up for the pictures my daughter thinks she is taking with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, December 26, 2009
No image stabilization, preview screen is so dark it's useless. After my 5yo snapped 2 pics she
hands it back in disappointment and moved on to other toys.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what expected, December 18, 2010
I had ordered this camera for my 5 year old daughter. The picture of the camera I was purchasing was supposed to be black with 2 face plates. When I opened the gift to start wrapping Christmas presents, there is a pink camera and no faceplates. I was very unhappy until I realized that the camera that is being displayed (if looking closely) states its a 5mp (the black one shown). The one I received was a pink camera with 7.1 mp. So I was upset and angry at first but realized I did get the camera that was on sale. I think this website needs to arrange the photos and details so others are not disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for kids, November 26, 2010
I bought this camera for my 5 year old granddaughter. They have one button that does everything. You turn it on the first time you cklick it it takes the picture but if you hit it more than once than it changes to flash or deletes the picture or all the pictures. Why would you make a camera for kids that doesn't have a seperate delete button. She is so disappointed. Every time they go to download the pictures they are gone because she has deleted them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest!, August 7, 2010
I recently bought this for my 3 year old an considering how advanced kids are now a days i feel this is on a baby end of the spectrum! I would have bought this for a 2 year old! It is light weight an flimsy. It has a small screen on the back (not a big deal) but it doesn't take great pictures for a 5 mega pixel camera. Also it takes 3 AAA batteries which now realizing it runs out of power FAST!!!!
I would not recommend this to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - poorly manufactured, January 21, 2012
I agree with all the other terrible reviews and want to add mine. We received this camera as a replacement for another Hello Kitty 5.1 MP camera that we actually were fairly pleased with (Item 89009), except that the battery cover was no longer providing enough pressure to the batteries to keep the power going. This prior camera used 2 batteries, did not take video clips, had a larger preview screen, controls that were easier to use, and decent quality images (for a kids' camera). Apparently they must not make that one anymore, because they sent us this one.

This replacement (Item 87009) takes 3 batteries, has a smaller preview screen, is much less intuitive to use, and has a very disappointing picture quality. The battery indicator was already blinking after 10 minutes of use, with fresh batteries. Like the others have said, I have a disappointed little girl who has been waiting a long time for this replacement camera. (It also took three phone calls over the course of a few months to Sakar/Vivitar to get the replacement to be sent.)

I'm concluding (from a prior experience with a child's Vivitar camera that took video -- we had returned it in exchange for the prior Hello Kitty camera), that when the manufacturers add the video capability, they sacrifice the picture quality and other functionality (at least in this price range). This is unfortunate. For something that says 5.1 MP, you should be able to get better quality than this. I am going to attempt to send this one back.

3.0 out of 5 stars WRONG CAMERA!!!!, March 22, 2011
The camera shown in the picture is NOT the actual camera that shows up. The one in the picture is a 5.1 MP camera which I saw at Toys-R-Us, when I saw the same camera online for half the cost I jumped at item. When the camera arrived is was whatever the item description is and is NOT what is shown in the pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst camera ever!!!! Don't buy it!, July 22, 2010
I am ashamed to have spent $50 on this s**t. My niece was sad and disappointed because the pictures have bad quality and the flash does not work. I feel disrespected as a consumer! Don't buy it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect much, but still very disappointed!, January 8, 2011
I can't remember the last time I was this horribly disappointed with a purchase. This camera quite simply is not capable of taking a decent picture. My 6-year-old daughter was unable to take a clear picture with it, so I gave it a try, and came up with only slightly better results. Even when holding the camera perfectly still (say, propped on a table), well-lit indoor pictures come out blurry. Only outdoor shots on very sunny days come out halfway decent. We got our money back, thankfully. Buyer beware. Stay away.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›