Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on May 3, 2012
About the clock:
At first glance, the product seems "cheap" or "cheaply made". However, I speculate the construction of the clock was made so the glow in the dark thingy and different lights and stuff would be better ... mmm ... displayed?

It's functional - does it's job. No instruction sheet provided. Setting it up is mostly "self explanatory." Just push set and up and down, et cetera. To set unit for temperature, hit the "down" button in "clock"/main mode.

A seperated battery compartment. I didn't want to pull the batteries that came with the clock, but I suspect they are "LR44" button batteries. The color thingy takes 4 AAA's.

About my Order:
My order came so cheaply wrapped, there was dirt on the white surface of the clock. A wet towel couldn't take it off so I sprayed a papertowel with pledge and the dirt came right off. Not sure about the paint job on the clock, so do not overuse chemicals on the clock.

My Opinion:
Bought it for wifey, she likes it. I do not generally like talking about price in my comments, but for a HelloKitty object, it didn't seem too expensive especially when compared to other HelloKitty clocks. But it did seem relatively expensive for its seemingly cheap construction; but as I mentioned earlier, this could be because of what was feasible to make this cute product have changing colors as a main factor. I like how the batteries for the clock and the clock lights are seperate; so that you can always tell the time after the psychedelic colors runs the batteries out. The little "feature" of changing the unit measure for temperature was not obvious to me so that I thought to post the comment here since there were no other instructions included with the clock. But I guess when all else fails, just hit every button. *lol*

4 stars for cuteness, functionality, and the changing color(s) thingy. No negatives I can really find about the product.
0Comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
I bought this for 1 of my daughters. She loves hello kitty and is afraid of the dark so I thought this would be great!! How ever it is smaller than I expected. But she's happy and seems to love it. We'll see how it goes.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this clock because for that price, there really is no risk. Yes, I had difficulty understanding some of the directions, and yes, the battery diagram is so wrong. And yeah, so what it doesn't come with batteries or a wall adapter. I bought some batteries from the dollarstore and messed around with it for an hour or so, but once I got the clock to work, I felt wonderful. It doesn't stay lit forever, which I like, and the alarm choices are cute. I love that it tells me the temperature and the day or the week and all that good stuff. I've had it for about one month, and it's woken me up every time. I think the people who cant get it to work haven't though outside the box. Because trust me, t took me forever to get it to work. I felt like an idiot. But now that its running, I love it so much. It doesn't scare me awake, and I'd say its the best risky buy I've made on amazon. 5 stars for a challenge and cuteness!
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
I'm wondering if those who left a negative review of the item even attempted to contact the seller about their issue(s)?
Anyhow, for just over $3, including shipping, I think this little clock is completely worth it.
As another reviewer mentioned, the fact that the clock functions use seperate batteries than the color changing batteries is brilliant and very helpful.
on May 15, 2015
I got this as a gift and I love it! It lights up perfectly and the only problem I had was getting the day to line up than I realized it had a year function. It works great. It did take a long time and came in a bag so I was worried it wouldn't work but it's working perfect
review image
on August 26, 2013
I received my clock and was very disappointed it don't work and did not come with an adapter. Don't waste your money. I would not recommend this clock.
on August 13, 2014
I should begin by stating that my six year old daughter is a HUGE Hello Kitty fan. Her bedroom is decorated in Hello Kitty, floor to ceiling. She has a Hello Kitty toothbrush, toothpaste, brush and comb. I wouldn't even attempt to count her stash, but I'd venture to guess that she has around 1000 Hello Kitty items.

Imagine my surprise when she tells me that she HATES this alarm clock. I must admit that when it arrived, I was less than thrilled, It is obviously a cheap clock. The display is dim and the different colored lights are less than impressive. Unfortunately when the batteries begin to drain on this item, the alarm will go off. At random. Particularly in the dead of the night.

I have since purchased a standard "ticking clock" (as my daughter calls it). She loves the "ticking clock", but has thrown the alarm clock out of her room on several occasions. It has joined many other pieces of junk at the local landfill. I wouldn't wish this one on Goodwill.
on December 30, 2013
When I received this it was for a little girl of 7. I put the batteries in it an it glowed but the time and alarm does not work
on July 22, 2013
don't waste your money. does not even light up!!! alarm won't go off..the price is good but you get what you pay for.
on January 23, 2015
I've waited for a month for this to arrive. The packaging was horrible. It was just wrapped in a piece of bubblewrap inside a plastic bad package. That is not how you should ship electronics.it came with a small thin piece of paper that was ripped which was the instructions. I don't know how they expect someone to be able to read it. The font is so small I can barely read it, and, I have good vision. You could tell that they were being cheap. It didn't take me long to figure out how to work it, I would say about 5 minutes. I didn't have to read the instructions. The instructions make it seem more complicated than it should be. When I touch the screen, it moves around. There's printing errors on hello kitty. The hello kitty pattern is only on the left, right and,top of the clock. I love how it shows the day, month and, date. Sometimes I loose track of the date. This actually helps. Although I'm. It sure about the temperature. I don't have an actual thermometer so, I can't see if it's correct or not. Really the only thing I absolutely hate about this clock is that it doesn't not glow like advertised. I put 3 small A batteries in and, pressed all of the buttons and, there wasn't any color changing lights. I don't know if I have to have an adapter for it to change colors or not. I don't have an adapter that small. At least the clock works. Since that the whole purpose of this. But, I'm highly disappointed that it didn't light up. There's no way of taking it apart and, putting lights in either because, it's put together with thin plastic and, no screws and. I'm not taking a chance to brake it. You can't really have high expectations for something that's 4 dollars with free shipping.What I noticed with looking at mine and,looking at the one in the picture is that, there is a switch on the back but, there isn't one on mine. I'm guessing that switch is supposed to be for the lights. Talk about false advertising. They should be getting in trouble for that. If you sleep in a room where it's completely dark with no lights, this is a bad clock for you. I sent them a message asking them how do I turn on the led lights and, they were being a smart*** and sent me the pictures I took of the product. That did. not help one bit.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse