Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on May 3, 2012
About the clock:
At first glance, the product seems "cheap" or "cheaply made". However, I speculate the construction of the clock was made so the glow in the dark thingy and different lights and stuff would be better ... mmm ... displayed?

It's functional - does it's job. No instruction sheet provided. Setting it up is mostly "self explanatory." Just push set and up and down, et cetera. To set unit for temperature, hit the "down" button in "clock"/main mode.

A seperated battery compartment. I didn't want to pull the batteries that came with the clock, but I suspect they are "LR44" button batteries. The color thingy takes 4 AAA's.

About my Order:
My order came so cheaply wrapped, there was dirt on the white surface of the clock. A wet towel couldn't take it off so I sprayed a papertowel with pledge and the dirt came right off. Not sure about the paint job on the clock, so do not overuse chemicals on the clock.

My Opinion:
Bought it for wifey, she likes it. I do not generally like talking about price in my comments, but for a HelloKitty object, it didn't seem too expensive especially when compared to other HelloKitty clocks. But it did seem relatively expensive for its seemingly cheap construction; but as I mentioned earlier, this could be because of what was feasible to make this cute product have changing colors as a main factor. I like how the batteries for the clock and the clock lights are seperate; so that you can always tell the time after the psychedelic colors runs the batteries out. The little "feature" of changing the unit measure for temperature was not obvious to me so that I thought to post the comment here since there were no other instructions included with the clock. But I guess when all else fails, just hit every button. *lol*

4 stars for cuteness, functionality, and the changing color(s) thingy. No negatives I can really find about the product.
on December 28, 2012
I bought this for 1 of my daughters. She loves hello kitty and is afraid of the dark so I thought this would be great!! How ever it is smaller than I expected. But she's happy and seems to love it. We'll see how it goes.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this clock because for that price, there really is no risk. Yes, I had difficulty understanding some of the directions, and yes, the battery diagram is so wrong. And yeah, so what it doesn't come with batteries or a wall adapter. I bought some batteries from the dollarstore and messed around with it for an hour or so, but once I got the clock to work, I felt wonderful. It doesn't stay lit forever, which I like, and the alarm choices are cute. I love that it tells me the temperature and the day or the week and all that good stuff. I've had it for about one month, and it's woken me up every time. I think the people who cant get it to work haven't though outside the box. Because trust me, t took me forever to get it to work. I felt like an idiot. But now that its running, I love it so much. It doesn't scare me awake, and I'd say its the best risky buy I've made on amazon. 5 stars for a challenge and cuteness!
on November 6, 2013
I'm wondering if those who left a negative review of the item even attempted to contact the seller about their issue(s)?
Anyhow, for just over $3, including shipping, I think this little clock is completely worth it.
As another reviewer mentioned, the fact that the clock functions use seperate batteries than the color changing batteries is brilliant and very helpful.
on January 23, 2015
I've waited for a month for this to arrive. The packaging was horrible. It was just wrapped in a piece of bubblewrap inside a plastic bad package. That is not how you should ship electronics.it came with a small thin piece of paper that was ripped which was the instructions. I don't know how they expect someone to be able to read it. The font is so small I can barely read it, and, I have good vision. You could tell that they were being cheap. It didn't take me long to figure out how to work it, I would say about 5 minutes. I didn't have to read the instructions. The instructions make it seem more complicated than it should be. When I touch the screen, it moves around. There's printing errors on hello kitty. The hello kitty pattern is only on the left, right and,top of the clock. I love how it shows the day, month and, date. Sometimes I loose track of the date. This actually helps. Although I'm. It sure about the temperature. I don't have an actual thermometer so, I can't see if it's correct or not. Really the only thing I absolutely hate about this clock is that it doesn't not glow like advertised. I put 3 small A batteries in and, pressed all of the buttons and, there wasn't any color changing lights. I don't know if I have to have an adapter for it to change colors or not. I don't have an adapter that small. At least the clock works. Since that the whole purpose of this. But, I'm highly disappointed that it didn't light up. There's no way of taking it apart and, putting lights in either because, it's put together with thin plastic and, no screws and. I'm not taking a chance to brake it. You can't really have high expectations for something that's 4 dollars with free shipping.What I noticed with looking at mine and,looking at the one in the picture is that, there is a switch on the back but, there isn't one on mine. I'm guessing that switch is supposed to be for the lights. Talk about false advertising. They should be getting in trouble for that. If you sleep in a room where it's completely dark with no lights, this is a bad clock for you. I sent them a message asking them how do I turn on the led lights and, they were being a smart*** and sent me the pictures I took of the product. That did. not help one bit.
on May 15, 2015
I got this as a gift and I love it! It lights up perfectly and the only problem I had was getting the day to line up than I realized it had a year function. It works great. It did take a long time and came in a bag so I was worried it wouldn't work but it's working perfect
review image
on January 11, 2014
My daughter (4 yr old) loves her new night light clock! She carried it with her everywhere the first few days she had it! It is a great surprise having the alarm go off at 4:30pm everyday though (I have tried just about everything to turn it off, daughter pressed something I think.) but to the people saying the light doesn't work, u need to have different batteries for each (clock runs on one kind of batteries while the light works off another) the instructions that come with are not very helpful and hard to understand but if u study them carefully you will learn how to activate the light. For the price you really can't complain much :)
on February 8, 2015
Great clock only complain is the alarm doesn't ring loud at all. But I don't really need it anyways, other than that this is really cute, works as described. I really like the way the colors change. It arrived in about 2 weeks. I noticed most things shipped from China usually arrive within 2 weeks
on January 3, 2013
When I say this is portable I mean tiny. If you line up four pieces of toast in a cube this will probably fit inside with room. The packaging that it came in just read "hello I am on the way to where Dollar Store items go to die". I was giving this as a gift and so I tested it out. It did not seem to have any directions but I did set the time and it did have a fun glow that did slowly change color, I did not spend a whole lot of time figuring out the temp, it seemed to be a few degrees off from my thermostat. It was what I paid for and kind of sweet like a big cracker jack prize. I feel like I got what I paid for but not a real bargain in terms of value. This clock would be fun for a smaller child who doesn't need the major functionality as a night light and it would be a cool stucking stuffer, and yes out of the box it would fit in a stocking. I would advise that if you send this as a gift the packaging (which does not say Hello Kitty or boast the the clocks cool features) will say here is a piece of low grade stuff from China.
on August 13, 2014
I should begin by stating that my six year old daughter is a HUGE Hello Kitty fan. Her bedroom is decorated in Hello Kitty, floor to ceiling. She has a Hello Kitty toothbrush, toothpaste, brush and comb. I wouldn't even attempt to count her stash, but I'd venture to guess that she has around 1000 Hello Kitty items.

Imagine my surprise when she tells me that she HATES this alarm clock. I must admit that when it arrived, I was less than thrilled, It is obviously a cheap clock. The display is dim and the different colored lights are less than impressive. Unfortunately when the batteries begin to drain on this item, the alarm will go off. At random. Particularly in the dead of the night.

I have since purchased a standard "ticking clock" (as my daughter calls it). She loves the "ticking clock", but has thrown the alarm clock out of her room on several occasions. It has joined many other pieces of junk at the local landfill. I wouldn't wish this one on Goodwill.