Hello Kitty Cotton Candy Maker - Pink (APP-96209)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy detachable diswasher-safe parts
- Measuring cup for exactly the right amount of sugar
- Cotton candy sticks to twirl and enjoy
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This machine is very clean in operation compared to big commercial units, which can blow cotton candy floss all over. The only real down-side is that it takes quite a while to make a smallish ball of cotton candy. It comes with a little scoop, which yields a ball of floss about the size of a softball, in about 4 minutes time. Adults and older children will likely want more, and you can make a decent-sized ball by re-filling the machine and adding a second batch to the same cone. Doing this requires about 8 minutes per serving, so if you plan on serving a large group of kids at a birthday party, this isn't the machine for you. Rent a commercial one from a local party supply instead. They can churn out multiple full-sized portions per minute.
The rotating floss head gets quite hot, so this isn't really a toy, and if it is to be used by young ones, they need adult supervision. Once cooled down, though, clean-up is super-easy with just warm water and a soft sponge.
Overall, this unit is a great value, and does what it is supposed to at this price point.
- You CAN use regular granulated sugar, but it will spit out a lot of the granules without actually melting them and turning them into cotton candy, so you'll only get a small amount of actual cotton candy.
- I HIGHLY recommend buying the Candy Express 5-flavor cotton candy floss sugar kit. I bought it here on Amazon for 25 bucks and honestly the amount you get will probably last you a year! This sugar seems to make fluffier cotton candy, and more of it, and the flavors are really good! (My favorite is the Blue Raspberry.)
- The Hello Kitty cotton candy machine comes with sticks but it does NOT come with any sugar to get you started.
- The instructions say to let it warm up for 5 mins before you put any sugar in. I usually let mine heat up for a little longer so that it melts the sugar better. That might be wrong, but I haven't overheated my machine yet so I'll keep doing it.
- The best way to catch the cotton candy is to hold the stick in one place and just twirl it really fast with your fingers. Keep it up fairly high! The idea is that you don't want the cotton candy you already gathered on the stick to ever touch the metal base, because it'll instantly melt and stick to it, which in turn will make more cotton candy melt and stick and you'll have basically a messy snowball effect and a lot of wasted candy stuck on your machine.Read more ›
I only wish that the kit included sugar...it only had paper cones.
Gave this the max stars but do wish it fit back into the box once disassembled..... maybe future buyers can pay closer attention when removing from the box so you can get it back into the box, haha. I didn't do so great at that!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My granddaughter loves this machine. Works just as advertised. Took a quick learning curve to get optimal results.Published 12 days ago by Troll
Love this cotton candy maker!!! My girls enjoy using it. Very easy to use and to clean.Published 15 days ago by Mrs. M
My grandkids love this candy cane maker. Their parents say it is easy to use and the candy cane is wonderfully soft and chewy.Published 1 month ago by Patsy E. Verhoeven
Doesn't make a lot of cotton candy, most of the sugar ends up crystalizing on the edge of the plastic inside the bowl. My 5 year old still likes to break it out occasionally.Published 11 months ago by metromut
Love this machine! Got it yesterday and already used it to make sugar free cotton candy for my daughter who can't have sugar. I used granulated splenda! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Grahamscrackers
Bought this as a gift for my daughter-in-law for two reasons. She likes Hello Kitty and the other is she loves cotton candy. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Tamara Williams
Of all the cotton candy machines I researched, this one turned out to be the easiest to use...Published 18 months ago by isadora