on December 9, 2004
This collection leads off with the episode entitled "Santa's Missing Cap" in which Hello Kitty's father reveals to Kitty and Mimi that he and their mommy really give the presents, not Santa, and that Santa is not really what they believe him to be. Check out the reviews on this separate video title!

The only other Kitty story is "My Mother Loves Me After All", which is not a Christmas story. The other stories feature the other Sanrio characters.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
VINE VOICEon December 16, 2008
Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Magic is the sixth volume of DVDs released for Hello Kitty & Friends. This disc features two stories starring Hello Kitty ("Santa's Missing Hat" and "Mom Loves Me After All"), two stories featuring Keroppi ("The Christmas Eve Gift" and "Our Treasure"), as well as two bonus shorts (one with Kuppi the reindeer, and one starring Pekkle). However, I was left wondering how "Mom Loves Me After All" (which is not tied in to Mother's Day), "Our Treasure," and "Find the Secret Treasure" (the Pekkle short) fit in on a DVD with s theme of "Holiday Magic."

Admittedly, this is a rather "low frills" DVD. When the disc is put into the DVD player, it goes straight to the first story after the Hello Kitty's Paradise promo, rather than to the main menu. Also, the only "special feature" on the disc is the DVD credits. While I would normally count the lack of special features against a DVD, I can't with this disc since it's being aimed at and marketed to young children. With young children, special features aren't as important, since they won't sit still long enough to view them, anyway. As an adult, I found the episodes to be enjoyable, and that the writing for the English dub was done in such a way that it wasn't talking down to the kids.

These Hello Kitty DVDs contain anime that's very friendly to young children, although girls will probably be more interested than boys. If you have a young child at home and are looking for kid-friendly anime, then I would recommend the Hello Kitty & Friends DVDs.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again