Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 8, 2012
There seem to be a few negative reviews about this clock not working so I was hesitant to buy it... Due to the price being SO great compared to other Hello Kitty clocks, and I really wanted to get one for my daughter's birthday, I decided to take a chance on it.

The clock arrived super fast (I use Prime), and is very cute. It's light-weight plastic that is maybe 3x3" cubed, so isn't huge.

1st, other reviewers are correct in that it does not use AA batteries. It does, in fact, use 4 AAA... but I had some of those laying around so that isn't a big deal. It does not have an A/C adapter with it, but if you had a generic one laying around I'm sure it would work.

The AAA batteries work the LED. When turned on, the entire cube glows, and it's very bright. Works great!

The CLOCK does not work off of the AAA. At first, I thought it was not working. You have to remove a plastic tab from in-between 2 watch batteries in the battery compartment in order for the clock to start working. Once I did that, everything was up and running!

The controls to set the clock can be a little confusing. I pulled out the instructions that came with the clock and used to those to set it. Perfect, works fantastic! I'm daughter will love this clock :)
66 comments244 of 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2011
I ordered this thinking it was the cutest alarm clock ever!!

A couple of things come to mind that bother me .... The info above says AA batteries which I have plenty of and I get it to find it needs AAA. Minor but just saying ....... It says you can use a power cord with it but it doesn't come with one. For this price a little power cord is the least they can supply ..... And it didn't exactly say that the cord wasn't supplied. Other versions of this say no power cord and are way cheaper .... So check into a different one probably if interested.

The LED function is tons of fun but limited lights == 2 of them being white and clear = nothing really. The other LED issue is that it is either entirely on and changing or entirely off. I have seen a friends from Korea that he could put on a single color and it could stay that color. That is nicer cause some of the flashing colors are too bright when trying to sleep.

Overall it is adorable but overpriced for what you get. If I had to do it over again I would choose a different one. Or expect more from this one.

Oh yeah ~ final thing ~~ when I got the packing slip inside it said something about "thank you for purchasing this brand ... Cat food". Clearly not what I ordered. Always check those!!!! Good luck!!!
33 comments133 of 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2011
My kids love how it changes colors. The only thing is the alarm doesn't work (my daughter even slept in her room with it because she wanted it to wake her up for school. the buttons are useless, its hard to figure out and change time. I spent 10$ for it, and have to look for something else.
0Comment57 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
This is a cheap piece of junk and they sent one with Winnie the Pooh, not Hello Kitty. Be aware that if you want this for a gift, you may get the wrong thing.
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2013
Clock does not work, only lights up but can not use the clock part. Not worth the time or money to send back. It was cheap and is made cheap. Only good for the trash can.
44 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
Yes we liked it just thought it was a little bigger than it appeared great gift will order another one soon
on April 16, 2012
I love love love this clock. Its awesome and amazing. It was exactly what I was expecting. Make sure you put the AAA batteries in so that it will glow. The glowing is the best part. I like the thermometer as well. It's pretty awesome.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
My girls love this clock. My daughter says when she is having a hard time getting to sleep she watches the colors change and is out in no time.
on June 29, 2013
I brought this clock for my 7 year old. I could not get the alarm to work for almost two weeks and after three days the batteries were dead and the colors stop working. It was cheap, but it is still not work the money.
on January 15, 2013
Slowly hypnotizing guests and driving family members insane with its ever changing colors. They thank the person who put the button to turn off the color change feature.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse