4.0 out of 5 stars My Melody is the cutest!
Published on June 22, 2005 by Amzn Custmr

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not in Japanese as advertised
I'm sure all the fairy tales will be cute. The biggest disappointment was that while the audio languages listed are Japanese and English, the audio is English, French & Spanish. My daughter just began Japanese school and I was looking to support her learning.
Published on April 28, 2009 by Sunshine

4.0 out of 5 stars My Melody is the cutest!, June 22, 2005
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
The cartoons are from the 1980's Hello Kitty tv series "Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater," which are variations on popular fairy tales/movies. They feature Hello Kitty, My Melody, Tuxedo Sam, Chip, Catnip & Grinder, who are actors in the theatre. Each DVD contains 5 fairy tales, and each fairy tale is about 10 minutes long and has its own unique take on the familiar stories. They are also changed to be less violent, nicer and more suited for children (water balloon fights instead of guns).

The quality of the DVD's are more like TV broadcast quality and this is the reason I've given it 4 stars instead of 5. I think they could've enhanced the quality before putting it onto DVD. It is also not recorded in stereo sound. I already owned the 2 Furry Tale Theater VHS's (Kitty and the Beast, The Wizard of Paws), so I already knew what to expect.

I'm an adult Sanrio collector and I loved seeing these episodes, and I would feel good about letting my children see these too.

The following is the list of the episodes in this DVD:
"Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales" has Robin Penguin, Hello Mother Goose, The Ugly Quackling, Pinocchio Penguin, and Little Red Bunny Hood.

My favorite is Little Red Bunny Hood... I think My Melody is very cute in it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not in Japanese as advertised, April 28, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 Year Old Girls Love It, July 21, 2008
Debbie S. (Port Washington, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
My girls have been asking for a Hello Kitty show for a while and I finally broke down and ordered these titles (Fairy Tales, Princess, Movies). The stories are very cute. The animation so-so. But when these go on, even my 8 year old son will pop in to watch. The episodes are based on classic tales that are "kitty-fied" with nothing violent or scary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for long trips!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
My girls were very happy with this movie and so mom and dad are super happy. I was surprised that my 9 yr old loved it too :) can't beat the price either 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars Hellow Kitty, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
one of my favorite show, brings back a lot of memories, thank you so much for having it available to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
My kids love hello kitty. They had this DVD which was scratched from overuse and handling. This is the replacement and its in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas gift, November 3, 2009
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
this is a christmas gift so i havent opened it yet but no problems with purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars HELLO KITTY TELLS FAIRY TALES, April 2, 2008
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
I BOUGHT THIS FOR A VERY YOUNG GIRL AND I BELIEVE SHE IS GOING TO WEAR IT OUT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun!, November 17, 2009
My 6 year old loves the Hello Kitty series and this is another good addition

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the DVD kids wanted, May 27, 2005
This review is from: Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales (DVD)
Contrary to another review, this did not contain the same stories the kids wanted, such as CinderKitty and Snow White kitty. Nor did it contain The Phantom of the Theater, Frankencat, Catula, The Pawed Piper and Rumpeldogskin as indicated in another review. Check carefully if you are looking for a specific Kitty DVD.

Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales
Hello Kitty Tells Fairy Tales by Tony Oliver (DVD - 2004)
$12.99