5.0 out of 5 stars Birds of a feather...
Published 7 months ago by Carole P. Roman

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok to support individuality
Helps children to understand differences using colorful pictures and a simple and approachable methods. I wouldn't recommend if your child super bright.
Published 6 months ago by Danielle

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds of a feather..., December 16, 2013
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
Wonderful little tale about making friends. Ruby is a friendly bird who goes from place to place to politely introduce herself and ask if any bird she meets wants to be her friend. She learns a little bit about each one she meets. Some like to fly, others can't and one bird is not interested in her at all, and while it saddens her, that's perfectly okay. She finally finds a flock of birds exactly like herself. Stead's sparse dialogue gets to the point immediately, that everybody is different. We should not be intimated by those differences, or in fact if someone chooses not to be a friend, we have to move on and find someone who will.. In the end, birds of a feather do not have to flock together, they can flock with a variety of differences and enjoy each other.Lovely book, about breaking the ice, moving on and having confidence in yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, simple story, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
Beautiful illustrations, and a nice simple story. It's very sparse, but the pictures give us a lot to talk about. Will grow nicely with my two year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a gift, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
I bought this item as a gift for one of my VPK students who's name happens to be Ruby, she's learning to read and the graphics on the book and the short words make it easy to memorize/remember. She loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Stead book!, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
I love the Stead books, the stories and the artwork. The first was "Bear Has A Story to Tell" and I buy more every time I find a new one. The stories are dear and the art beautifully done. I have 4 very young grandchildren so I keep a library of books I consider treasures at my home for all to enjoy. It seems I love them just as much as the children.

4.0 out of 5 stars All about love, friendship, love and seeing the good in others, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
“Hello, My Name Is Ruby” written by Philip C. Stead brings a nice children book story about friendship and love presented through the adventures of one little bird.

The main character, a cute small bird named Ruby who sings beautifully wants to meet new friends. Therefore she will introduce herself to every other animal – a giraffe, a stork, and others – she will meet on her way. Besides she lacks the company, Ruby is also a very curious bird so she will ask all kinds of questions.
In the end, Ruby will meet another bird which has already heard about Ruby; he will help her to surpass all her dreams and bravely fly away to new adventures…

Philip C. Stead with “Hello, My Name Is Ruby” made a warm and inspiring story for younger children that will be able to fully enjoy this little bird search for friends, adventures and knowledge. Besides his story is all about love, friendship and love, Stead’s work brings wonderful message about seeing the good in others.

How much young readers will enjoy the text of this story, equally can be enjoyed in its imaginative and expressive illustrations that are made in younger child drawings manner giving this book a special charm. The author used various though similar art techniques – colored pencils, markers and crayons - which will certainly encourage children to after its reading try to draw something by themselves

These all are reasons why in this picture book will fully enjoy children between 2 and 5 years; I can confirm that on the basis of my own experience - my little girl who with delight turns its pages while her Dad reads about the adventures of a small Ruby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok to support individuality, January 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
Bought this for my niece, whose name is Ruby. The book is about making new friends, and is very cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
Very cute book. My daughter loves that the book has her name in it and it definitely has been a purchase that is very worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
my sisters name is ruby and she loved hearing her name whil I read her bedtime story. I paired it with a baby chick toy for her to hold and bow she walks around with them everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruby - a colorful book about names., December 2, 2013
This review is from: Hello, My Name Is Ruby (Hardcover)
I gave this to a family with a new baby named Ruby. They love it already and it is destined to be read to Ruby by her big brother Henry for years to come. Great artwork and narrative.

Hello, My Name Is Ruby
Hello, My Name Is Ruby by Philip Christian Stead (Hardcover - September 3, 2013)
$16.99 $12.92