Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

71%
29%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 2, 2005
This book would be a wonderful read-aloud to a class of kindergartners or first graders. The illustrations are bright and evocative, and the text is mnemonic and fun. It takes us through a 'typical' day with a group of robot friends performing their specialized duties. Uh-oh, it starts to rain and the wet robots short circuit, confusing tasks, for "When it comes to robot brains, nothing's worse for them than rain." They start fuddling up their work and decide they need to switch their heads, so they pop them off and trade them. All ends well for the mixed-up group, proving that teamwork and flexibility are key to getting things done right. There's a lot a teacher/parent could do with this book to inspire children's creativity: making colorful robot collages, designing robots for specialized functions, or creating 'mixups' with heads and bodies of different creatures/machines. What fun!
on October 28, 2012
I heard "Hello, Robots" before I saw it, and because I was distracted, it didn't quite grab me like other Staake books did. My then three-and-a-half year old son, however, was immediately interested and wanted to check out the book. So we did. Then he didn't want to bring it back to the library, so we had to buy our own copy. Now whenever we read this book, i.e., every day and usually more than once a day, my son "reads" the refrain in a robot voice. I get it now. It's funny.

The illustrations are typical Bob Staake artwork, which is a shorthand way of saying that they are brilliant, funny, a bit twisted, and convey the unexpected. The two pages showing the robots in the rain so intrigue and worry my little boy that he has painted his own scene of robots in the rain. Good children's books entertain. Great children's books spark the imagination. Excellent children's books inspire. It's pretty clear to my young son what kind of books Mr. Staake creates.
on March 29, 2005
We took this book out of the library and my nearly-three-year-old twins immediately took to it and began demanding repeated readings. The book has a great combination of simple rhymes that carry along the reader enthusiastically; bold graphics in red, blue, green, and yellow (one robot in each color); and lots of familiar objects (tea cups, cookies, tv's). I don't even mind reading it over and over, because the drawings are fun and the rhyming is too.
on March 30, 2009
this is a great book, very funny. my three year old loves it, and my husband and i still like it after reading it to him a million times. :) we all giggle and laugh, it is a fun read w/ nice illustrations.
on December 16, 2007
This book about (robots doing) different jobs in/around the house plays out like a fun memory/matching game. The repetition of household chores and amazing use of color and shape propel the story. Done digitally, these illustrations should be the basis of a Design 101 class.
on September 15, 2012
This is a very fun and entertaining book, especially for K-2. The only downside was the fact that it is overpriced for a library discard.
on December 12, 2014