Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

on September 1, 2006
I've just recently gotten into this band and I have to say they are awesome! Hello Rockview is a great album that's fast, upbeat, and just overall really fun to listen to from beginning to end. Some standout tracks include "History of a Boring Town", "Scott Farcas Takes It on the Chin", and "All My Best Friends are Metalheads."

Being a ska fan, I really enjoyed the ska-punk sound of this album, and it's easily my favorite Less Than Jake album I've heard so far (my first cd was Anthem, which is also very good, but definitely lacking in ska). If you are new to LTJ, I would recommend buying this album first, along with Losing Streak, as it demonstrates the band at their best.

(Also, if you are a Less Than Jake fan and haven't seen them live, you definitely should! They are fun and energetic, and a whole lot better than most of these new bands around today.)
on May 22, 2013
Another great album from a great band. I thought this was a good album though not nearly as good as Losing Streak. If you're a fan, pick it up. If you're new to the band, give losing streak a listen instead, you just might like it better.
on April 21, 2004
The first time I listened to this album, I've got to admit, I was a little worried. I kind of jumped on the bandwagon with LTJ. The first song I heard by them was All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, off THPS4. I absolutely loved it! It still stands as my favorite song ever. Then I heard She's Gonna Break Soon and The Science Of Selling Yourself Short. I got Anthem, then listened to Losing Streak on Napster. That became my favorite album of all time, but I had only heard two songs from Hello Rockview. True, I had heard the same amount from Anthem, and enjoyed that, but was there really a chance I would like it just as much? Uh, yeah.
Being a hardcore listener of Losing Streak, and now this, I must admit Roger's bass playing is phenomenal. He always has interesting bass lines, where it isn't three chords the entire way through. Some of his playing can be evidenced on Five State Drive, or even at the end of Motto. Since all songs are great, here's a breakdown of the songs.
1) Last One Out Of Liberty City - 3.5/5
11) Theme Song For H Street - 3.5/5
12) Richard Allen George...No, It's Just Cheez - 2.5/5
13) Scott Farcas Takes It On The Chin - 4.5/5
14) Al's War - 4/5
I know this doesn't really look that good to you - kind of average - but I'm trying not to do this: EVERY song is perfect! 5/5 for all of them! Except for History Of A Boring Town! I give that 6/5, because it's beyond perfect! Uhh, no it isn't. Either is All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, and that's my favorite song ever. But really, buy this CD. You won't be disappointed.
on June 10, 2002
A lot of these reviews compare this disc to Losing Streak. This comparison is fair, of course. Losing Streak was a great ska/punk album and definitely put LTJ on the map. It most definitely had more ska on it, which gave it a certain sound that many people liked a lot. The band probably could have made another record just like Losing Streak, but they didn't. they evolved, and combined the ska and punk elements of their music to make a truly special sound that wreaks of nostalgia and high school. Songs like "History of a Boring Town" and "Danny Says" and "Last one out of Liberty City" make me get goosebumps and think about good times and good friends. "Al's War" reminds me of my own growing up and trying to get away from my parents. Basically, every song hits some chord with my heart and reminds me of my own teenage life. That's why this CD is so good. The music is fun, not depressed about lost girls and good times. They lyrics are true, simple and tell it like it is. I can see myself listening to this CD as a parent and quietly smiling about my life and all the good times because the good really does outway the bad, and LTJ embody that philosophy very well.
on May 1, 2003
Hello Rockview may be the best Less than Jake cd they have ever released. All the songs are incredible especially Last One out of Liberty City, Help Save the Youth of America from Exploding, Al's War, and History of a Boring Town. The 'newer' sound that Less Than Jake brings to this cd with their updated horn section (now two bones and a bari)is much more refined than on their earlier releases like "Losing Streak." Overall one of the best ska cds that I own, and it never gets old and I listen to it all the time when Im cruisen in my car. GO AND GET IT!
on September 8, 2001
This is by far one of the most entertaining and fun albums put out by Less Than Jake. The CD starts out with a very pop punk influence and begins to pick up that ska touch around "History Of a Boring Town". Being a fan of both punk and ska I really love this CD, pick it up. By the way if you like this make sure to give a listen to "Blue Skies, Broke Hears Next 12 Exits" by The Ataris, and "Turn The Radio Off" by Reel Big Fish.
on July 25, 2003
Less Than Jake is my favorite band, and despite the reputation of "Losing Streak" being the true fan favorite CD, my favorite LTJ CD has always been "Hello Rockview". In fact, it recently became my favorite CD of all time.
Rockview tells the story of getting fed up with a town/life and leaving. The united theme of the album helps make it that much better. Let's go through track by track.
#1 - Last One Out of Liberty City - A great fast-paced opener. Lots of energy and good lyrics. Rating: 8 out of 10
#2 - Help Save the Youth of America From Exploding - Awesome lyrically and musically, great chorus. One of my favorites. Rating: 10 out of 10
#3 - All My Best Friends Are Metalheads - One of the most popular LTJ songs, and with good reason: this song rules. Rating: 10 out of 10
#4 - Five State Drive - A different sounding song, but a great one. Awesome bridge. Rating: 9 out of 10
#5 - Nervous in the Alley - My favorite LTJ song. Amazing horns. Overall, just very good. Rating: 10 out of 10
#6 - Motto - Another great song, but not as memorable as others on the CD. Rating: 8 out of 10
#7 - History of a Boring Town - Another very popular LTJ song. It's got awesome lyrics, an amazing chorus, and an overall great sound. Second best song on the CD behind Nervous in the Alley. Rating: 10 out of 10
#8 - Great American Sharpshooter - Fast and furious song, but a little short. Rating: 8 out of 10
#9 - Danny Says - Great overall sound, great song. Rating: 9 out of 10
#10 - Big Crash - Starts out awesome with great guitar/drums combo. Awesome lyrics, horns, and chorus. Rating: 10 out of 10
#11 - Theme Song for H Street - I didn't really like it the first time listening to it, but now I can barely keep it out of my head. Rating: 10 out of 10
#12 - Richard Allen George... No, It's Just Cheez - A pretty sweet drinking song. Always drunk going crazy, you better believe it. Rating: 9 out of 10
#13 - Scott Farcas Takes it on the Chin - Amazing horns, lyrics, chorus, everything. Rating: 10 out of 10
#14 - Al's War - A very good closer, with an amazing bridge. Rating: 10 out of 10
Overall Rating: 131 out 140 or a 94% -- Which rounds up to a 5 out of 5.
on March 3, 2003
I have to say this is my favourite kind of music and I love bands like Five Iron Frenzy, Mad Caddies, Catch 22 and Less than Jake. I can't understand why there are not any ops on any of them except than Less Than Jake because there should be. Having gone to Deconstruction2001 and met up with Catch 22 I felt inspired to write some opinions on Ska to get the word spread.
Looking at my albums I thought I would write one on Less than Jake and on one of my favourite albums by them called Hello Rockview. I prefer this album because I think it is the one where the singer uses his voice to its full potential.
The albums consists of 14 fast and upbeat songs which cannot be missed by any ska fan.
Track Listing:
1: Last One out of Liberty City - What a great opener, a very fast song which a great intro. It puts you in a great mood for the whole album with full use of brass and ska riffs on the guitar not to mention strong bass lines.
2: Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding - I love this song and it has a great beginning with a cool distorted voice followed by a quality guitar solo.
3: All My Best Friends Are Metalheads - This has to be the best song on the album. This is the song that everyone sings along to. With a bit of speech at the start. This is a very happy song with superb brass support.
4: Five State Drive - Another great song with an instrumental intro topped off by the vocals.
5: Nervous in the Alley - A nice little intro by (I think it is) a trombone but could be a trumpet. A very catchy song and it is very easy to hear the lyrics, which I can get annoyed with, with some bands.
6: Motto - This is not one of my favourite songs on the album but still a great song, which is well worth listening to.
7: I love the ska style riff on the guitar in the song which adds a jolly feel to the song, which is the whole point of ska. The lyrics do actually contradict the ska style if you listen to them. But another brilliant song which is very catchy with a good chorus. One of my favourites on the album.
8: Great American Sharpshooter - Gets straight into the action and is a bright wake up call if you are losing concentration.
9: Danny Says - A great brass instrumental, which warms you up for the song. Very quick lyrics which is not unusual with LTJ (Less Than Jake). The song measures in at 2:51, which is not short by any means for punk.
10: Big Crash - A reasonably long guitar intro. I think this song is quite messy but is still very enjoyable and well worth a listen.
11: Theme Song for H Street - Another great intro that involves both brass and the guitar. Great lyrics for a great song.
12: Richard Allen George - A very quick song at the start which keeps you interested for the whole song. Another one of my favourites and again I like the guitar riff throughout the song.
13: Scott Farcas Takes It On The Chin - Quite a loud song just to show that the album by no mean deteriates and keeps its quality.
14: Al's War - This is a very easy song to play on every instrument especially the guitar so if you have just started learning I would recommend learning this. I like this song and especially the vocals.
Well that's it. The songs are extremely good and I definitely recommend this album. If you have heard of Less Than Jake before this is their best album. The songs are by no means repetitive as there is so much repetition and you cannot get bored of this album if you are a fan of this genre of music.
If you have never heard of them go out and buy this album. If you have not really heard of Ska as a genre I recommend you buy the albums of the bands I mentioned at the start.
All I can say is skank away people.
Thanks
on March 5, 2000
I hated ska, and then I bought this cd. Now I hate ska, but I love Love LOVE Less Than Jake!
Toes tappin' the whole cd through. Break all your kOrN cd's and cross over to the side of music where you don't have to be angry in order to fully rock.
on April 14, 2014
Bought this CD as a young teenager around 15 years ago when it came out. Loved it then, and I still listen to it fairly often. All the songs are great, and its by far my favorite LTJ as of today. I own several others which are all good, but most of them fall short of this one. I have my favorite songs on this album, but I love listening to whole thing straight through. I would highly recommend this album if you want to see what these guys are all about.