5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value for lightweight foul weather pants!
Published on April 2, 2011 by Rhody Parent

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it
The problem with these pants is they don't "breath" at all so they trap in all your sweat. Also, after only wearing them for 1 hiking trip, they ripped on the side. Also, they don't have any pockets, which was really a pain.
Published on July 13, 2011 by Steve D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value for lightweight foul weather pants!, April 2, 2011
I just recently returned from a week sailing in Florida, and I got to put these rain pants to good use. Our third night on the water, a storm rolled in blowing 30knots with strong driving rain. These pants kept me bone dry. Even better, they dry out really quickly once the rain stops. Be prepared, they run very long. I'm 5'8 165pounds, and I bought the large. I could have probably got the mediums, but I wanted to be able to fit them over long pants in the winter as snow pants as well. They fit fine around the waist over my shorts, but were really long. But a couple of rolls to the legs and they were great. What a bargain!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful on size, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's Voss Pant (Apparel)
I've only worn these once riding my bike but I wanted to mention the sizing.

I have a 36 inseam and a 34 waist. I found these at Dick's and they only had a medium and no large, but I thought I would try on the medium just to get a sense of how they feel. Turns out that they fit almost perfectly! The legs could be slightly longer, but with a 36 inseam I didn't have much hope that they would even be as long as they are.

I wore these over a pair of shorts and I image that they would be tight over a pair of pants. I don't plan to wear them over pants though.

For riding a bike, they have snaps on the bottom to keep them tight and out of the gears.

The material is rubbery like a rain jacket and I don't imagine that they would breathe very well.

I like the fact that they don't have pockets because I carry my wallet and keys etc. in a separate bag so they don't shift around in my pockets when I ride my bike.

So in my one time I like them and they do what I want. If there's an issue with them tearing or something I'll update the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, especially considering the price, December 10, 2012
I've been using these pants for a couple of months now on my motorcycle and bicycle and they are absolutely terrific. Sure, they're not breathable and they're a little rubbery feeling, but they are COMPLETELY waterproof, have an adjustable draw string at the waist, and have snap buttons at the bottom for keeping it tight against your pant leg while on the cycle or against your rain boots on the motorcycle. I'm 5'9, 160 lbs and I bought the mediums and they slide happily over whatever I'm wearing without much extra baggyness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Effective, April 1, 2012
Pants are pretty comfortable and didn't have any issues with waterproofing. Bought for ski trip and they served their purpose (of keeping me dry) at the right price. Only complaint would be that the material is very rubbery to the touch; the texture makes the pants feel a bit like rubber diapers. Wasn't a huge issue, just a bit odd.

I'm somewhere around a 30-32 waist and a 32 length in normal pants. The large I got fit comfortably around the waist (elastic/drawstring provide flexibility), had enough room to wear another pair of flannel-lined jeans underneath, and were long enough to go over the ski boot (but no so long as to be cumbersome).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, July 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - A Little Big, June 12, 2012
I'm 6'1'' and I ordered the Large size and it is a little too long. I also ordered a pair for my wife and they are a Medium and they fit me a little better. If you're under 5'10'' I would definitely go with the Medium instead of the Large. Otherwise we have already tried them out hiking a few times and they keep us warm and dry! Much better than the cheap plastic rain pants others are offering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, May 24, 2011
These water proof rain pants are terrific. I'm really pleased with them, especially at this price point.

Like other reviewers have commented though, they're quite big. I ordered a large, should've got a medium. Large is too big even though I wear these over my business clothes for the occasional wet ride to work.

Recommend these pants though.

1.0 out of 5 stars waterproof yes, quality no, February 8, 2013
These pants are definitely waterproof. The problem is that the 2 pairs I bought fell apart after only a few days at work. The waist separated from the bottom part of the pants letting water in which defeats the purpose of these pants. I had to sew the pants back together. Very disappointed in Helly Hansen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medium fits like 32Wx36L pants, September 2, 2012
Aaron (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's Voss Pant (Apparel)
Highly recommended as a rain pant. Fit is ideal for long and slightly narrow build, but has some stretch for forgiveness.

Pro's:
-waterproof/windproof
-More durable than other rain pants because of the cloth liner behind a rubber-like outer shell.
-quiet fabric (unlike most pvc rain-suits)
-fabric moves and feels soft and supple
-affordable
-Durable (have already caught on corners, but fabric did not rip- I was surprised and glad about the durability)
-Fabric has some stretch to it!
-adjustable taper- bottom buttons allow for wider or narrower cuffs

Con's:
-not breathable
-buttons on bottom of pants are plastic (which if stepped on accidentally while undone will ruin them)
-some stitching has shown signs of premature failure.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad stiching for Helly Hanson Men's Voss Pant, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's Voss Pant (Apparel)
Order 3 of these pant back in May 2012.Working in Alaska i need pant that keep me dry. after first washed the thread around waist fail apart, (1 third of it) second wash more than haf gone,third wash the whole waist gone!! i will never buy Voss Pant again...sorry Helly Hanson.

Helly Hansen Men's Voss Pant