Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 12, 2011
I've only worn these once riding my bike but I wanted to mention the sizing.

I have a 36 inseam and a 34 waist. I found these at Dick's and they only had a medium and no large, but I thought I would try on the medium just to get a sense of how they feel. Turns out that they fit almost perfectly! The legs could be slightly longer, but with a 36 inseam I didn't have much hope that they would even be as long as they are.

I wore these over a pair of shorts and I image that they would be tight over a pair of pants. I don't plan to wear them over pants though.

For riding a bike, they have snaps on the bottom to keep them tight and out of the gears.

The material is rubbery like a rain jacket and I don't imagine that they would breathe very well.

I like the fact that they don't have pockets because I carry my wallet and keys etc. in a separate bag so they don't shift around in my pockets when I ride my bike.

So in my one time I like them and they do what I want. If there's an issue with them tearing or something I'll update the review.
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
I just recently returned from a week sailing in Florida, and I got to put these rain pants to good use. Our third night on the water, a storm rolled in blowing 30knots with strong driving rain. These pants kept me bone dry. Even better, they dry out really quickly once the rain stops. Be prepared, they run very long. I'm 5'8 165pounds, and I bought the large. I could have probably got the mediums, but I wanted to be able to fit them over long pants in the winter as snow pants as well. They fit fine around the waist over my shorts, but were really long. But a couple of rolls to the legs and they were great. What a bargain!!!!
on December 10, 2012
I've been using these pants for a couple of months now on my motorcycle and bicycle and they are absolutely terrific. Sure, they're not breathable and they're a little rubbery feeling, but they are COMPLETELY waterproof, have an adjustable draw string at the waist, and have snap buttons at the bottom for keeping it tight against your pant leg while on the cycle or against your rain boots on the motorcycle. I'm 5'9, 160 lbs and I bought the mediums and they slide happily over whatever I'm wearing without much extra baggyness.
on February 8, 2013
These pants are definitely waterproof. The problem is that the 2 pairs I bought fell apart after only a few days at work. The waist separated from the bottom part of the pants letting water in which defeats the purpose of these pants. I had to sew the pants back together. Very disappointed in Helly Hansen.
on April 1, 2012
Pants are pretty comfortable and didn't have any issues with waterproofing. Bought for ski trip and they served their purpose (of keeping me dry) at the right price. Only complaint would be that the material is very rubbery to the touch; the texture makes the pants feel a bit like rubber diapers. Wasn't a huge issue, just a bit odd.

I'm somewhere around a 30-32 waist and a 32 length in normal pants. The large I got fit comfortably around the waist (elastic/drawstring provide flexibility), had enough room to wear another pair of flannel-lined jeans underneath, and were long enough to go over the ski boot (but no so long as to be cumbersome).
on June 12, 2012
I'm 6'1'' and I ordered the Large size and it is a little too long. I also ordered a pair for my wife and they are a Medium and they fit me a little better. If you're under 5'10'' I would definitely go with the Medium instead of the Large. Otherwise we have already tried them out hiking a few times and they keep us warm and dry! Much better than the cheap plastic rain pants others are offering.
on October 13, 2012
Order 3 of these pant back in May 2012.Working in Alaska i need pant that keep me dry. after first washed the thread around waist fail apart, (1 third of it) second wash more than haf gone,third wash the whole waist gone!! i will never buy Voss Pant again...sorry Helly Hanson.
on November 10, 2015
This pants are amazing. Bought them for a trip to Iceland and they performed their duty fantastically. Rained nearly every day and whenever these pants were on, I stayed bone dry underneath. They fit right over jeans as many have mentioned, but I found it more comfortable to wear over sweat or track pants. I would stay away from wearing shorts (or nothing) because they do get warm and you will get sticky.

I bought a pair for myself and my wife. We both have mediums and fit us both great. I am 5'10" and athletic build, 32x32 is my normal pant size - these fit great. My wife is 5'9" and also athletic, slender/skinny. She typically wears an 8/10 (long) pant and these fit her well also.
on August 24, 2015
JUNK. Finally pulled these out when I hit a rainstorm on the motorcycle. Was soaked to the bone in 5 minutes. NOT WATERPROOF AT ALL. Bought because thought HH was reputable. Maybe these are knock offs. Not water proof, not water resistant, not water repellent. I know I won't get a refund because I bought them so long ago but at least I can warn y'all. These are junk.
on March 23, 2015
Even though these run a bit large if you want to wear them alone; they are great over pants so you get the warmth, per hubby and sons. Up here in the Pacific NW, rain is our friend and these work great for my landscaping husband and boys. They are a bit thin so would be good for sports but my guys seem to find a way to rip them from time to time but that happens with most of their work clothes so didn't take any starts away. Good price too.