Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on June 14, 2014
We bought this book for our children as a cautionary tale of what happens in a regulated free market. Our kids were determined to open their own lemonade stand without government interference.
I would like to tell you about their experience.
First, when they were building the stand and my son accidently injured himself (we do not have health insurance, and chose to pay the fine rather than get that Obamacare) my son’s wound became infected and required a trip to the emergency room. So as with most new business the kids started their lemonade stand with a large debt. We told them debt is good because it lowers their tax burden so they do not have to pay the government. Great learning experience.
Secondly, on the first day of service, a customer suffered a bee sting; they had an allergic reaction that required medical care. They filed a lawsuit against my children due to their negligence in cleaning up their industrial waste (spilled product containing too much sugar). My children were held liable for the medical cost. I mean seriously why do they have to clean up their mess just because someone could suffer. I mean aren’t bees green like the liberals want?
Thirdly, the kids decided to hire someone to sit in the hot sun for them, after all how could they be the job creators if they had to work? Therefore, they interviewed many employees but no one was willing to accept sub-minimum wage. How ungrateful. Here my kids are trying to help the unemployed and they expect minimum wage. I mean maybe they should get an education.
The whole enterprise was a disaster. I mean how are these kids supposed to become job creators when they have to worry about industrial accidents, consumer harm and lazy poor demanding wages.
44 comments414 of 447 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
BOOK VRY GOOD. RUSH LIMBOGH TELL ME SO. USEFULL FOR MAKEN KIDS THNK LIKE ME. KIDS THINK RITE NOW. COMPUUTER VRY HARD SRRY FOR BAD GRAMMER N SPELLIN LOL.
44 comments308 of 343 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
The nazi regime wouldn't have been so successful without the use of meticulous, constant propaganda that shows just one stark side of the coin, so it's brilliant for the republican party to keep using tried and true tactics. Applause to them!

I think my child deserves the best literature about profound hatred that this country has to offer, so I also purchased "How the War on Drugs Became a Resounding Success" by Pablo Escobar, “Empathy, Kindness, and Other Liberal War Tactics" by Sean Hannity, "Racial Profiling: An Easy Guide for Children" by Bill O'Rielly, and "Reasoning is for Pussies: Eagles, Guns and Motorboatin' with the Republican Party" by Chris Christie.
44 comments333 of 381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
If you want to teach your children how to hate properly this is definitely the book for you.

What's particularly refreshing about this book is that it refuses to have any truck with so-called `reality', because as we all know, reality has a known left-wing bias. To that end this book skewers liberals and leftists by attributing to them arguments and logic that no real-world liberal or leftist has ever actually made. Genius!

Repeat after me children - Hate is good, Tolerance is bad.
66 comments240 of 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2013
This book indoctrinates impressionable children with the caricatures that liberals--mostly identified as officials of the Democratic Party--want to tax half your income, spend taxes irrationally, hate Jesus, and want to control the minutest parts of your life. Such caricatures cannot help but misinform and spread hatred among children, who will mimic this farcical political propaganda, presumably on the part of the Republican Party. (The book has a recommendation written by Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform.) As a Christian, I am most offended by the demonization of liberals; if conservatives claim to be Christian, then they should discern how contrary the book's message is to that of Jesus. This book is so bad that the author does not even use her real name; she uses a pen name and dedicates the book to her three unnamed children. It is no wonder that she wants no one to know who either she is or her brainwashed children.
2626 comments261 of 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2006
I recently purchased this book for my daughter. I consider myself for the most part, conservative.

If you would like to be black and white about things, there are books on both side of the pollitical spectrum that would serve you well to have your children read, and if you're a hard-core conservative, then you'd appreciate this one. I however, wanted more of a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek book that doesn't beat you about the head with how bad people on the left are. I was hoping for a happier ending, (you know, that monsters under the bed aren't real). This book just wanted to bash. It was like reading the editorial comics in the Los Angeles Times.

I believe there are a lot of intelligent people on the right AND on the left. Could we please have a few books that show it? This book just makes the right look petty and spiteful, I thought we were bigger than that.
44 comments168 of 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
This book is all about teaching children that are impressionable to hate and fear people. These kids will literally be taught that democrats are the enemy of the country and to do bad things to them is a good thing. This book should be classified as hate speech. Amazon how can you sell this crap?
44 comments122 of 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I hate to sound stereotypical myself, but my impression of this book is that it is stubborn partisanship like this that is the reason why our political system is as screwed up as it is. Socializing children into these rigid ideas at such a young age is teaching them to be close-minded and discourages them from exploring their own beliefs on these issues.

As a work of political satire, though, this book is fantastic.
11 comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2014
No idea what is in it, got as gag gift for Conservative friend. Title just screamed CRISIS like a Fox News segment.
0Comment74 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2014
I'm so glad the book is written in simple landg ... langi ... lungya ... words. I can't understand big words so good, but this book is just right for me and my four kids! When Rush and Glenn Beck told us about it in their shows, I got my 23 year old daughter to order one for me on the internets. It was on my porch a few days later. After reading it to the kids, I learned how evil librals are, wanting to control our lives by letting us do whatever we want and stop spending our money on guns and rockets and instead use it to feed and educate the poor, and complain about how us conservatives keep making laws aimed at taking away abortions and women's rights to date and have sex without a man's permission. They want God's law, when we're the ones actually doing it. Librals suck!
22 comments94 of 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse