5.0 out of 5 stars Help! My Grandchild Has ADHD: What These Children and Their Parents Wish You Knew, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Help! My Grandchild Has ADHD: What These Children and Their Parents Wish You Knew (Paperback)
Just a comment to say that Kirzner's book may be one of the best books ever written about the challenges adults face in struggling to understand and respond effectively to the children with ADHD in their lives. It is at once remarkably complete and remarkably simple in its presentation of the problems faced by parents, grandparents, and teachers when confronting the issues presented by ADHD children. I have been a teacher for 40 years and the head of a school specifically designed for ADHD and dyslexic children for 25 years; I myself am ADHD; and I have spent hundreds of hours explaining ADHD to students, teachers, parents, and grandparents. Never before have I seen such a succinct review of the challenges faced by families of ADHD children, or such a sensitive, positive and cogent set of recommendations for the adults. Although specifically aimed at the grandparents, the advice the book offers is so universal in its scope and so finely focused on all of the key issues that it could serve as the go-to handbook for anyone wrestling with the effects of ADHD in a family member.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Find!, July 20, 2012
Help! My Grandchild has ADHD was a real find! I highly recommend this book to teachers and families with children who have ADHD. I learned valuable information and techniques to help me in my teaching. Judy Kirzner has a keen understanding of ADHD and a strong desire to see children succeed. I am buying more copies of Help! to share with parents and colleagues. Great Job! a Columbus, Ohio teacher and grandmother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, December 19, 2012
I bought this book for my parents and in-laws after my son was diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive type. I read the book first and was very impressed with the writing style and content. My parents both found it extremely helpful and mentioned multiple times how grateful they were for this "gift". My mother often references the book in our conversations and has really helped me through some difficult situations. My parents have increased patience for some of my son's behaviors. This book is written in easy to understand terms, but at no point does the reader feel talked down to. I highly recommend this book for grandparents who want to be supportive, knowledgable and understanding, but who know very little about this diagnosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful!, June 19, 2012
JSC2 (Wyoming, OH) - See all my reviews
This book is an excellent read for grandparents as well as parents anxious to learn more about helping their child with ADHD. It is written simply, without professional jargon, in an easy to read format. Hints and tips are repeated throughout the book giving readers an opportunity to understand and remember the kernel points of information. Resources are listed as well. It is a good book for creating dialogue in families struggling to better understand their child. It is a fine resource for schools and agencies to share with families raising kids with ADHD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help! My Grandchild Has ADHD: What Your Grandchildren and Their Parents Want You To Know [Paperback], May 31, 2012
What a great book. The author has been a teacher in the best school in Cincinnati. She knows her subject well and is able to impart it in an easy to read and understandable manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars ADHD, January 28, 2013
Excellent reading for anyone who occasionally, frequently or always interrelates to a child or children with ADHD. This book is good reading for not only grandparents but parents and teachers as well. car/sms

5.0 out of 5 stars This woman makes sense!, May 31, 2012
Being the Mother and Grandmother of ADHD children, I have a lot of experience with this problem. The writer of this book tells it like it is. It's not easy to deal with, but the information is not only helpful but encouraging. And we do need help! Try the book for yourself. It's a Win Win situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for parents and grandparents, October 6, 2014
Real information that works for the child. This helped me remember that they are children and we are their advocate!

$11.95 $10.76