5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have it
Published on April 12, 2011 by happygirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Layout and presentation are to the author's detriment
I cannot get past the poor presentation of the material. I'm a die hard Montessori advocate, and I've tried to use this book to home school my son, but the layout, format, and presentation is just too overwhelming. This author would benefit from some print layout assistance. As for the material, I can't even comment because it's too difficult to even read.
Published 9 months ago by Sammy Jo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have it, April 12, 2011
This review is from: Help Your Preschooler Build a Better Brain: Early Learning Activities for 2-6 Year Old Children (Paperback)
I am a grandmother with preschoolers and one in kindergarten. This is a great option for creative play instead of tv or videos. They love to have special things to do at Grandma's and I love that they are learning while they play. The book is easy to read and lets you "get creative" yourself with interactions with the kids. In a time when families are so busy, I love the fact that I can make a real difference in my grandchildrens lives, by stimulating their brains instead of passive entertainment methods. And I get to have fun with them while I do it! Get the book- it is fabulous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, April 19, 2011
This is a wonderfully written, easy to use book. It has a great variety of easy to implement, fun, hands-on activities to do with your children. Many of the activities are quick to set up, using common household items. I have two preschoolers who have enjoyed several of the activities listed in the book. They view this time as play time without realizing that they are learning so much. I also love that this book includes pictures of several of the activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY practical!, August 30, 2011
Love this book! I found out about it on the chasing cheerios blog and really am so happy I purchased it! It has lots of practical learning activities and tells you about resources to help teach your child. It is also budget friendly and many of the activities are with materials you already have in your home. I'm recommending this to moms I know that desire to do more learning activities with their little ones that are not in school yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book for Parents!!, May 8, 2011
Several years ago when I began homeschooling, I wish I would have had this wonderful book. Now many years into it, I am confident in teaching my 3 children, but John Bowman's book has shed new light for me. I think any parent interested in providing their child with early learning opportunities at home NEEDS this book! It is an easy read and filled with valuable information!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy activities, July 31, 2013
Many simple and easy activities.
No long explanation. Organized well.
Does not require super crafting skills.
Good for homeschooling activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to do Montessori at home? Then get this book!, June 23, 2012
I LOVE this book. It is full of low-cost Montessori activities you can do at home with kids aged 2-6. The activities are not complex, not expensive, and most of them use materials you'd have around the house or can easily get at the craft store. I love the way the author explains in simple terms how to do the activities and the objective. I also like the reminders that you 'let the material do the teaching.' That really is the whole point of Montessori, just let the child play with the activity and learn from it while you're there to support. I researched SO many books when I decided to do some Montessori at home, and it is great to find a book that is simple, to the point, and so helpful. Highly recommend if you are wanting to do Montessori at home with children starting around age 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, June 28, 2013
I am a SAHM and found this book incredibly useful with project ideas as well as the general info/guidelines provided. I wish all mom's had this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational tool, December 10, 2013
This is a fabulous tool for anyones educational toolbox, whether you homeschool or teach in a public or private setting. I found the book easy to follow, simple to read and full of great activities to stimulate a young mind to learn. I've had great success with this book and recommend it highly. I've even purchased the Kindle edition to give to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy!, December 8, 2013
There are lots of great ideas in this book! The book is organized into subjects and each subject has a variety of great experiments and ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-read!, December 8, 2013
An incredibly helpful and inspiring book for parents. This is easy to read and guides you through the what, why, how and when of introducing your child to Montessori-inspired concepts and activities. This is a must-have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›