Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 1:20:24 PM PST
QuirkyKoala says:
My son wants Black Ops 2 for his birthday in a few days. What is the difference between the hardened edition and the regular edition, as far as gameplay? Is there more available with zombies on the hardened edition? I don't think he cares about collectible coins, but maps and zombies will make a difference. I'm not sure which to get.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:39:40 PM PST
Lex E says:
Limited Edition 2-Sided SteelBook®
(2) Collectible Challenge Coins
Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall with Theme by Trent Reznor
Exclusive PlayStation® 3 Dynamic Multiplayer Theme
Exclusive PlayStation® 3 Dynamic Zombies Theme

In-Game Content
Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content
Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map
Exclusive Weapon Camo
Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background
Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background

That is what Hardened Edt. gets you... Zombie in game bonus content, which I have no clue what it means, but I am guessing he can live without it. Although for PS3 it is WAY overpriced.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:13:22 AM PST
Jesse Cortez says:
well if you are asking now then I think timing will make your choice for you. Let me explain, on monday 11-5-12 I went to 2 gamestop and 1 bestbuy store trying to see if I could get a hardened edition and all they had was the Standard edition. Gamestop did give me a pre order code for some sort of multiplayer map or something. Goodluck trying to get a HE but by now your best bet is just getting the SE. You could wait afew weeks they do sometimes resupply there editions but if you cannot wait then SE is your best bet.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:28:35 PM PST
QuirkyKoala says:
Thanks, guys, he's getting standard edition. Timing did pretty much make the choice for me, but now I have a better understanding of all this.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:15:13 AM PST
You made the right choice, by pre-ordering the standard edition he'll get the Nuketown 2025 map; that's really the only thing that will affect in-game content. The Hardened Edition is a bunch of extra stuff that your son probably wouldn't care about. Even if copies were still available, it likely wouldn't be worth the extra $$.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:15:37 PM PST
Greetings,

The main difference in game play would be that the Hardened Edition comes with an exclusive Nuketown Zombies map, the regular one does not.

I hope this answer was helpful, if you ever have any more questions feel free to ask us on twitter @ActivisionAssist, or on Facebook!

Thanks,
^SL
ATVIAssist

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 2:23:07 PM PST
rt says:
i sure hope we dont play against your son if hes under age, these kids i swear, this is an adult game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:42:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:43:38 PM PST
You have chosen...wisely. ;)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:14:20 PM PST
Does BLOPS 2 have a Reduced Graphic Content Filter like the first BLOPS game?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:36:22 PM PST
Buggle says:
If you wanna give him the complete package to perhaps make up for a crummy vacation such as a sailing trip where you lost your anchor and mast (ah the memories) then you could buy him the standard game and later down the line get him a season pass which includes all 4 map packs as well as the bonus zombie map from the hardened edition. Also the first of the 4 map packs won't come out until sometime early next year and they'll continue to come out almost until his next birthday. So the gift will keep on giving, but there's a catch (isn't there always?). The game costs 60 and the season pass costs 50 so $110 is a little pricey for some. But if he plays it all the time like many do it's worth it. It saves 10 or 15 dollars compared to buying each month pack individually. Based on previous games each pack will have about 5 maps. 4 competitive maps and 1 zombie map. There may also be a map pack of just zombie maps. It is also the only way to get the exclusive nuketown 2025 zombie map if you didn't buy the hardened edition. Its not some kind of limited time deal so should you choose to, you can get it for him whenever you want. Hope this helped.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:26:38 PM PST
I hope your son is above 13 and he gave you the money to buy the game, other wise he will be a little kid who's a mamas boy. Mamas boys will get trolled on PSN.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:37:25 PM PST
Don't buy either ONE!!!! It sucks! It is the worst COD game out to date!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:03:38 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:37:02 PM PST
Tim Drake says:
Yeah, it does.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:11:54 AM PST
Buy your son something else. seriously. MW3 got old fast, and it came out 12 months ago. Which COD has been doing ever since 2005. Activision is milking you and everyone else. Spend your money elsewhere. There are better games this year and in a few months.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:50:34 PM PST
anonymous says:
COD BO2 multi broken. i use LMG+FMJ+Target Finder. now, when i target someone and shoot. the program prevent me from shooting or reloading for 4 secs. dont know if this the part of broken program or user hack. multi is BROKEN. dont BUY!!!!

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:50:45 PM PST
anonymous says:
COD BO2 multi broken. i use LMG+FMJ+Target Finder. now, when i target someone and shoot. the program prevent me from shooting or reloading for 4 secs. dont know if this the part of broken program or user hack. multi is BROKEN. dont BUY!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:48:11 PM PST
King says:
wait ur saying that this game black ops 2 for $40 has nuketown zombies?!?

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:15:09 AM PST
Angry Okie says:
Yes, by all means (sarcasm) please buy your young son this game that way when i get him on my team we lose because he was shooting cars and basketballs in the scenery rather than playing the actual game. The lack of respect for adults who actually worked to buy the game is ridiculous. I've personally had several kids sit in front of me in a corner for an entire match so i couldn't get out of the spawn (on my own team). There are a million games out there and thousands that are actually rated for children but they still seem to get thier bratty way and end up ruining the game by either making your team suck or by presenting no challenge on the other team which is a cheap way to win and makes the game itself look cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2013 2:13:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 9, 2013 2:14:09 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about