Help! I finished Linger and need my next fix!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2010 1:57:37 PM PDT
Alissa says:
I just finished Linger and I am stumped on what I should read next. I feel like I did when I finished Twilight, that I could never love another book so much! I recently read Fallen, I liked it but didn't think it was anything stand out. Some other books/series I have also read: Hunger Games, Vampire Academies, Sookie Stackhouse, Graceling, Beautiful Creatures, Harry Potter.. I am in the mood for some sweet romance like Shiver and Linger, the YA paranormal variety I suppose. Suggestions?

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 2:25:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2010 2:28:45 PM PDT
Stacia says:
Have you read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (first book is City of Bones)? I really like the way that the story has you rooting for the characters to be together. This series has a forbidden love element, but is not lacking in action either.

If you want just sweet romance without the action, try Rachel Hawthorne's Dark Guardian series, starting with Moonlight. Each book follows a different female shifter finding her truemate. I prefer my shifter books to be a bit more balanced between love and action (like Rachel Vincent's adult werecat series starting with Stray), but Dark Guardians definitely invokes a milder Twilight love story feel if you like the awww factor.

If you really like the "destined for each other" vibe and wouldn't mind trying something a bit more adult or fantasy, give C.L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series a try (the hero is a shapeshifting flying cat, so there is a nod to PNR). That series is absolutely all about finding the one person that is your destiny, and it follows the same couple through 4 (book 5 comes out soon) books, and they have a really great love story. First book is called Lord of the Fading Lands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2010 1:42:13 PM PDT
Valerie Fink says:
Have you read the Iron King by Julie Kagawa? It is wonderful. There is also a little Novella called the Winter Passage that follows the Iron King with the sequel the Iron Daughter due out August 1st. It has the romance and the paranormal. I'm a huge twilight and Mortal instruments fan too. Hope this helps.

Posted on Jul 24, 2010 8:02:22 AM PDT
maria joia says:
@Alissa: Hi! Checkout The Dark Divine by Bree Despain or Maggie's 2 other books, Lament and Ballad. :)

Posted on Jul 24, 2010 5:11:36 PM PDT
Jameys mom says:
Lisa McCann has a trilogy WAKE.... the first two books were great.... I could not put them down...and the 3rd one was just okay - but all in all it was a good read.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010 12:36:11 AM PDT
Nikita says:
I second The Dark Divine by Bree Despain. Wonderful love story.

Posted on Jul 27, 2010 5:00:27 PM PDT
YA Retread says:
I loved Maggie Stiefvaters Lament. I haven't read Ballad yet, but I'm sure it rocks. I'm kind of in your situation, too. I just finished Linger. I loved Linger and Shiver. i think shes making a third book called Forever.
I was also stumped, but I was thinking about reading Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev.
HOPE THIS HELPS! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2010 7:34:48 AM PDT
maria joia says:
@YA Retread: the third book is called Forever...which after reading Linger, the next book seems to take forever.How was Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev? haven't read any of her books yet.

@Alissa: Need by Carrie Jones is also good.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 6:50:14 PM PDT
milesavery says:
Shiver
I just started to read Shiver and was wondering if Linger was as good. I also hate when I finished a series of books that I have really enjoyed.
The Stephenie Meyer Books were so good.
I have been following the posts here for some reading ideas for myself.

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 10:36:22 PM PDT
Ooo, you could read the House of Night series. They're pretty amazing, well at least the first two are. I just got finished with the second one, and I'm pretty into it now.

About any other books? I have no idea. Like, you have the exact same book taste as me. I'm not even kidding. I've read almost all the ones you've posted. Uhm, like Slow Reader said, the Wake series is pretty good. *goes to look at book shelf* There's The Lovely Bones, Hush Hush, Elsewhere, The Darkest Powers series, anything by Ellen Hopkins is godly, Sara Dessen is a good writer. I can't think of many more.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
That link may help. It'll give you some pretty good book titles.

Posted on Aug 10, 2010 7:01:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2010 7:05:00 PM PDT
Sarah says:
Other books I've enjoyed:

Vampires: Evernight (Evernight, Book 1), Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe)
Faeries: The Iron King (Harlequin Teen), Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely), Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
Werewolves: Blood and Chocolate, Low Red Moon, Raised by Wolves

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2010 11:44:13 AM PDT
KristiS says:
I agree with Veggie:
Melissa Marr's Series: Wicked Lovely (first in series) read them in order)
Kailin Gow: Frost Series
Kelly Creagh: Nevermore
Sophie Jordan: Firelight
Holly Black: Tithe, Valiant and Ironside: A modern faery's tale
Cyn Balog: Faery Tale
Aprilynne Pike: Wings and Spells
That should be a good start!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater (Hardcover - July 1, 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (383)