Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM
Customer Discussions > Curly Girl forum

Help, I am new to going to hairstylist's home for a haircut.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2007 8:33:13 AM PDT
Kathleen says:
I've been having difficulty finding a hairstylist that really knows how to cut naturally curly hair. I met a woman at a party who has natural wavy hair. So, I asked her for the phone number of her hairstylist. She gave me her phone number and told me to call her so that she can call her stylist, and agree on a meeting day. But when I finally did, she stated terms that I am wary of. Like leaving my car parked in a bookstore's parking lot, and giving me a ride to the hairstylist's home. This is the first time that I am doing this. I am scared. Has anyone had a similar experience? I would appreciate some feedback. Thank You.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2007 9:57:04 PM PDT
that does sound very strange. going with a stranger is always something to be cautious of. maybe she does have a positive intention that she doesn't really know the streets to describe where she lives. but you can always say that you will follow her car and drive your own. i don't know why she just doesn't give you her number. maybe she did n't have her number on her? curly hair hairdressers can be creatively interesting..... i'm one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2008 12:45:46 PM PDT
Kathleen says:
Thank you Jessica for your reply. I have decided to keep on looking for a curly hairdresser in a less risky manner.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 8:29:51 AM PDT
Casey O. says:
Not knowing where you live, look online for a DevaCurl Salon. Their training and products are great for my culy hair. Good Luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 6:11:42 PM PDT
Kathleen says:
Hi Penelope,

I live in South Florida. Do you know of any website that lists informations about the DevaCurl salons that are available in South Florida?

Thank you,
Angellica ( AnaMaria)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2008 6:18:18 AM PDT
Casey O. says:
Go to NaturallyCurly.com There you can type in your state and city and hopefully find a salon close to your home. Good Luck

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2008 6:21:14 PM PDT
Kathleen says:
Thanks Penelope for the link. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2009 9:35:51 PM PDT
J. Arena says:
This could be totally innocent, but it sounds potentially VERY dangerous to me!!

Look, the world is full of hairdressers you don't have to get to via the witness protection program!! My advice: STAY AWAY.

Posted on Jun 3, 2009 6:30:50 AM PDT
Check out http://www.ouidad.com/salons

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009 6:48:26 AM PDT
Kathleen says:
I agree. I think the person I met at the party was playing mind games with me. Thank you for your advice, J. Arena. I have finally found a great hairdresser via NaturallyCurly.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009 6:49:27 AM PDT
Kathleen says:
Thanks R. Parker for the link.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Curly Girl forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Curly Girl
Curly Girl by Michele Bender (Paperback - January 1, 2002)
4.6 out of 5 stars (302)