Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 17 oz.|Change

on August 6, 2013
This is easily the best tasting protein I have ever tried. Is it expensive? Yes! does it taste 10x better than any other chocolate protein you can buy? I think so!

What I have been doing to save some cash is buy one of these and one 1lb bottle of manitoba Hemp pro 50 and just combine them in a large resealable container. Give it a good shake and you double your chocolately goodness for roughly $20 extra. It wont taste as sweet as pure hemp force but considering your cutting it 50% with an unflavored hemp protein that is equal in protein content I think it still tastes delicious and cuts the cost down dramatically. If you do the blend expect a slightly nuttier taste but certainly not a bad taste at all.
on January 26, 2013
This product is very expensive. You get roughly a week supply of protein (if you use their recommended serving size) for $50. I have noticed that my recovery time is reduced, indicating that my body is able to process this type of protein vs whey or casein. It is very sweet tasting, and has an overpowering taste of dark chocolate. I cannot justify spending the money for the amount of product especially since I cannot verify any specific or significant gains with it's use.
on September 18, 2012
I bought this thinking the container was going to be much bigger. This is only for 10 servings. A huge ripoff. Whole Foods has a hemp protein for 1/3 the price of this.
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
First of all yes it is expensive. But here is what I love about the product.
Non GMO
Non Dairy
Gluten Free
High in Fiber
Taste amazing.
Want more Protein? Use Soy milk or coconut milk in place of water
Now for the bad
Price!
Must be blended! The main Protein source is coming from the Hemp seeds, in order to get the Protein the seeds have to be broken. So you either chew them or the easiest thing to do is make the shake in a blender.

I gave this 5 stars because the good out weigh's the bad. Also its PERFECT for people on low impact or no impact fitness training. Also great for people trying to lose weight. You dont need 45 grams of protein when your trying to lose weight.
on February 15, 2014
I like the combo of the macca + other plant based ingredients in this protein powder, which makes it well rounded & better long term healthier then just using whey. It taste very good compared to other protein powders. I mix this 1/3 with my other whey powder 2/3. It is expensive for the volume that you get, but with all the other natural nutrients inside it just might be worth it. I've compared pricing all the other beneficial ingredients out & it would be too time consuming it do them all. Yes, it is expensive, but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Just mix it like I do. Everytime I go to order more, I bite the bullet on the cost, but then am super happy once I start using it again. I would give it 5 stars, except for the cost
on December 29, 2014
This product is an overpriced a rip off and is a sad example of profit over people. You can pay less than half this for the same exact product that probably tastes better too. Boycott these Onnit clowns. I love Joe Rogan but he is seriously mistaken with this business model.
on August 29, 2014
While I want to love this product due to the fact that I like the ingredients, I have a hard time using it because it is soooooo super sweet! The serving size says 3 scoops, but I can barely drink a smoothie (made with veggies & not too sweet berries and 50/50 water/coconut water) with 1 scoop in it! I couldn't even imagine what 3 scoops of this would taste like. It makes my mouth pucker because it is so sweet. Granted, I don't like super sweet things in general, but I am a professional pastry chef and this is beyond me...
I'll be looking elsewhere for another hemp protein. Or maybe just stick to organic hemp seeds themselves for my smoothies...
on August 7, 2014
One sip and i'm immediately on the toilet... And this is coming from a guy with an Iron stomach and eats everything with no issues, even mexican and Thai. Tried it several times in several weeks, no matter how much i mixed it felt like a grenade in my belly.
on August 23, 2015
I love this protein powder! I don't understand all the negative reviews about the taste. Have they tried regular hemp powder? Now, THAT stuff tastes bad. I always have to add frozen blueberries or strawberries to it to get it down. I try to avoid dairy, so whey protein is out for me, which is why i'm glad they offer hemp! And a good tasting one at that. Onnit's products are organic, high quality, non-GMO and to me, that is worth the cost.
on September 17, 2013
This product tastes aweful, there are only 10 servings in the package and 1 serving is only 15 grams of protein; which equates to $5 a serving. If you want 30 grams of protein per serving its $10 a serving!!

See 1 answered question