This 7" Santuko Knife is great for chopping and slicing fruits and vegetables. Features of Henckels Professional "S" Series include: Exclusive SCT technology process uses optimum metal alloys for the three distinctive parts of a knife Super bolster provides weight and insures safety and adds balance Fully visible tang construction gives the knife proper balance and great strength High-carbon no-stain steel is non-staining and non rusting Precision-honing makes the knives sharper for longer than tradtional knives Triple riveted novodur handles are durable, strong, smooth, comfortable, and perfectly balanced Knives are dishwasher safe, although not recommended Henckels offers a full lifetime warranty
This is a Japanese chef's knife, a low-tip style with a broad blade and slightly curved cutting edge. For Asians, this knife is the same kitchen workhorse the French chef's knife is for Europeans. Its cutting edge is less curved, so it provides little rocking action, but for straight-down slicing and precise chopping, it's superb. Its 7-inch blade can be manipulated by cooks of any hand size, and its balance should please. Classic three-rivet handles distinguish Pro S from Henckels's other quality lines. Handles are smaller, a feature those with small hands may appreciate. Pro S knives this size and larger are high-tech welded to combine three steel types into what appears to be a single piece, so a knife's parts have distinct characteristics. Traditionalists insist on single-piece forging for strength, but Henckels says the invisible welds are actually stronger than the steel. While this santoku knife is dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling--its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered. || |
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
| || J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting. || |
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.