4.0 out of 5 stars a true value
Published on August 10, 2010 by mbgearhead

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't your usual Henckels quality
Published on August 12, 2010 by J. Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars a true value, August 10, 2010
This review is from: J.A. Henckels International Eversharp 8-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
I've owned these set of knives for approx. 2 months . After reading some negative reviews I was somewhat apprehensive about the product , but for the price I decided to give them a try . I am very impressed with this set. They are well built, sturdy , and very sharp. I have run them in the dishwasher several times and have yet to see any problems . The only problem is that they want to discolor if food is not rinsed off prior to going in the dishwasher ,however, the stain can be removed easily . If I had owned this set for 6 months before reviewing it and still didn't have probs. I would definetly give 5 stars .

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't your usual Henckels quality, August 12, 2010
J. Parker (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
These knives are a disgrace to the reputation that Henckels worked so carefully to build over the past century. Most of us are buying these thinking of that quality reputation. Be warned - these are not quality knives and deserve zero stars. They are extraordinarily flimsy, have cheap plastic handles which aren't even sealed to the wafer thin metal blade, and have large textured rivets that appear so cheap they must be plastic (although they are probably aluminum). Adding to the insult, Amazon shipped me a set labeled as new, yet it had already been opened, the knives were used and unwashed, and had been returned by a previous customer in that state. Sad to see a company like Henckels take their manufacturing to China on these cheap knives and in one quick move destroy a beautiful reputation for quality. I returned the knives immediately and decided that I would not buy another set without seeing them in person first.

5.0 out of 5 stars no complaints here...., January 12, 2011
I was a little hesitant to purchase these knives because the reviews were either glowing or terrible, but heck, I needed steak knives, and I have purchased Henckels in the past and have been pleased. There was no exception with this purchase. You receive an 8 piece set of micro-serrated knives made of stainless steel. They are secure in the handle, no wiggling at all, they have a nice weight to them and seem to make it through the dishwasher just fine.

This set of knives seem to be a good value at the "just under $30.00" price range, which would also make them a good gift for a shower or wedding if your budget was less than huge. Really, who doesn't need a decent set of steak knives?

Overall, very pleased with the purchase and would definitely recommend this set for value and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut the heck up!, December 24, 2010
OK! Let me jump in on this....The knives are simply excellent beyond words FOR THE MONEY SPENT. I just got my set and frankly I fear for tomorrow's prime rib as it will be cut up as though it were adipose tissue being cut through by a surgeon's scalpel! They flex yes, but barely and only under effort. And they look and feel great! I am a larger person and they feel excellent in my thick hands. If you expect them to be like a bunch of miniature $79 Henkels...well don't because they aren't, but I think most everyone gets that. Please don't write condemning the knives; they are super sharp (dangerously one could say), stainless steel, highly polished and handsome, and strong with riveted tangs that go into the handle therefore what can one say negative when comparing another similar product for the price---they slice up the competition!

I love them so much my wife wants to give them away!Purchase these with confidence!

5.0 out of 5 stars Henckels Steak Knives, December 28, 2009
Darlene (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This is about the 6th set of these knives that I have bought for myself or for gifts. I have had my set for over 12 years and they are still sharp. You can't go wrong. I have given them as wedding and Christmas gifts. You can purchase at department stores, home stores etc. but Amazon had the best price I have seen for a set of 8.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but don't expect the typical Henckel quality, August 10, 2010
I bought the knives to complete the set I got from Costco. Although they are both Henckels International, the quality of the Costco ones are levels better than these steak knives. The Eversharps are a little cheap to live up the Henckels name, but I considered that the cost was quite lower too, so I decided to keep them due to the good value. They are sharper than the steak knives I had before, but you may not want them if you are looking for high-end henckel knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Knives, January 1, 2011
I purchased these same knives over 15 years ago and the high quality is exactly the same. My old knives are still as sharp as the new ones I purchased, they have retained their edge over the years. For the price, I don't think anyone will be disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted Within days, September 29, 2013
I purchased these knives because they had really good reviews.They cut very well but are very light. I do not put my knives in the dishwasher and even with washing them right after every use, then towel drying them and putting them up on the magnet block,. three of the knives got rust spots within the first four uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value steak knives, February 28, 2010
For the price, these knives have a beautiful weight.. not light, but firm and well contoured. They cut perfectly. Great metal.. easy to wash and shiny !
Great value.. were sent right away. We were very happy to add this to our cutware. Great for steak, chops or anything ! George from Jersey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and very durable, October 26, 2010
I have used these knives for over two years. They have been through countless dishwasher cycles, still look brand new, and are wonderfully sharp. I use them all the time as a basic utility knife for general cutting. These are a great value and worth every penny.

ARRAY(0xa63acc78)