Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 8-pc.|Change

on August 10, 2010
I've owned these set of knives for approx. 2 months . After reading some negative reviews I was somewhat apprehensive about the product , but for the price I decided to give them a try . I am very impressed with this set. They are well built, sturdy , and very sharp. I have run them in the dishwasher several times and have yet to see any problems . The only problem is that they want to discolor if food is not rinsed off prior to going in the dishwasher ,however, the stain can be removed easily . If I had owned this set for 6 months before reviewing it and still didn't have probs. I would definetly give 5 stars .
22 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2011
I was a little hesitant to purchase these knives because the reviews were either glowing or terrible, but heck, I needed steak knives, and I have purchased Henckels in the past and have been pleased. There was no exception with this purchase. You receive an 8 piece set of micro-serrated knives made of stainless steel. They are secure in the handle, no wiggling at all, they have a nice weight to them and seem to make it through the dishwasher just fine.

This set of knives seem to be a good value at the "just under $30.00" price range, which would also make them a good gift for a shower or wedding if your budget was less than huge. Really, who doesn't need a decent set of steak knives?

Overall, very pleased with the purchase and would definitely recommend this set for value and quality.
on January 1, 2011
I purchased these same knives over 15 years ago and the high quality is exactly the same. My old knives are still as sharp as the new ones I purchased, they have retained their edge over the years. For the price, I don't think anyone will be disappointed!
on June 28, 2015
This is my first ever Amazon review, and I've been a customer for YEARS. I was inspired because these knives were so poor...

I specfically purchased them because they were listed as dishwasher safe, and I'm attaching a photo here of one of the knives after only TWO cycles thru the dishwasher?

Do I really need to write anything esle about it? Had I saved the packaging, I would return... Oh well, live and learn :(
review image
on December 24, 2010
OK! Let me jump in on this....The knives are simply excellent beyond words FOR THE MONEY SPENT. I just got my set and frankly I fear for tomorrow's prime rib as it will be cut up as though it were adipose tissue being cut through by a surgeon's scalpel! They flex yes, but barely and only under effort. And they look and feel great! I am a larger person and they feel excellent in my thick hands. If you expect them to be like a bunch of miniature $79 Henkels...well don't because they aren't, but I think most everyone gets that. Please don't write condemning the knives; they are super sharp (dangerously one could say), stainless steel, highly polished and handsome, and strong with riveted tangs that go into the handle therefore what can one say negative when comparing another similar product for the price---they slice up the competition!

I love them so much my wife wants to give them away!Purchase these with confidence!
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2010
These knives are a disgrace to the reputation that Henckels worked so carefully to build over the past century. Most of us are buying these thinking of that quality reputation. Be warned - these are not quality knives and deserve zero stars. They are extraordinarily flimsy, have cheap plastic handles which aren't even sealed to the wafer thin metal blade, and have large textured rivets that appear so cheap they must be plastic (although they are probably aluminum). Adding to the insult, Amazon shipped me a set labeled as new, yet it had already been opened, the knives were used and unwashed, and had been returned by a previous customer in that state. Sad to see a company like Henckels take their manufacturing to China on these cheap knives and in one quick move destroy a beautiful reputation for quality. I returned the knives immediately and decided that I would not buy another set without seeing them in person first.
2121 comments|220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2011
I got these as a gift, and had to return them. The edges on a couple of knives were very burred (unfinished) - see my photo - so I'd have been getting bits of metal in my food.
Also, the blade is thin and flimsy, and the rivets look pretty cheap.
review image
on December 28, 2009
This is about the 6th set of these knives that I have bought for myself or for gifts. I have had my set for over 12 years and they are still sharp. You can't go wrong. I have given them as wedding and Christmas gifts. You can purchase at department stores, home stores etc. but Amazon had the best price I have seen for a set of 8.
on August 10, 2010
I bought the knives to complete the set I got from Costco. Although they are both Henckels International, the quality of the Costco ones are levels better than these steak knives. The Eversharps are a little cheap to live up the Henckels name, but I considered that the cost was quite lower too, so I decided to keep them due to the good value. They are sharper than the steak knives I had before, but you may not want them if you are looking for high-end henckel knives.
on September 29, 2013
I purchased these knives because they had really good reviews.They cut very well but are very light. I do not put my knives in the dishwasher and even with washing them right after every use, then towel drying them and putting them up on the magnet block,. three of the knives got rust spots within the first four uses.