From the Back Cover
The twelfth edition of this classic dictionary, first published eighty years ago, has been updated throughout, rewritten for clarity and reorganised to make it even easier to use.
* over 23,000 entries
* comprehensive coverage of all major fields in biology
* includes acronyms and abbreviations, now included in the main text for easier access
* includes new terms that have come into use since the last edition, e.g. aptamer, archaeon, bioinformatics, DNA vaccine, genomics, proteomics, quasi-species, xenotransplantation
* improved coverage of ecology and updated classification tables
* extra diagrams and chemical formula incorporated in the main text
Henderson's Dictionary of Biological Terms continues to provide an essential reference for students of any of the biological sciences and for teachers and researchers.
Eleanor Lawrence is a freelance science writer and editor, and co-author of the Longman Dictionary of Environmental Science.