To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Henry Beston's Cape Cod: How "The Outermost House" Inspired a National Seashore Paperback – July 3, 2013
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
- How The Outermost House inspired legislators in Washington to establish the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- How Henry Beston's trail to Cape Cod began at the Battle of Verdun in World War I.
- The influence that Henry Beston and The Outermost House had on Rachel Carson, other nature writers, and the American environmental movement.
- The Cape Cod stories that you won't find in The Outermost House.
- The winter hurricane that claimed Beston's house in 1978.
About the Author