Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 29, 2013
I read Sarah Mayberry because she writes about real people with real problems without making it into cheap melodrama. This book is no exception. Two people meet at a time that is all wrong for him. Will is waiting for surgery and not sure of the outcome. When he meets Leah he finds that she is his little haven away from sickness so he doesn't tell her about his surgery. Instead he helps her deal with some of her problems.

It's a rather short story but with Sarah Mayberry's usual nice people in bad situations. It also has Sarah Mayberry's usual type of hotness = just like you believe in her characters you also believe in the sex they're having, which just makes it hotter.

I'm already looking forward to the next book about Leah's sister Audrey!
on August 2, 2013
This was a type of book that could happen in real life. A doctor and a famous guitar player. It was emotional, sweet and not erotic at all. I really enjoyed the book and did not want to put it down. It shows true love physical flaws and all. I am happy that I read it and I think you would enjoy it to.
on August 3, 2013
I usually roll my eyes at perfect 5-star reviews, especially when they're ALL five stars (as this book has at the time of this review). But, this time, it's perfectly worth it. What a fantastic story. An incredible new friendship that grew into so much more. I'll definitely be looking into more from this author.
on August 27, 2013
"Her Favorite Temptation" is a sweet and heart-warming tale of two people who meet and fall in love under the threat of a terminal illness. Leah, the main character, is a thirty-year-old physician who has lived her entire life trying to please her controlling parents. Will is a musician who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. While waiting for the scheduled surgery, Will has fled his family and leased an apartment alone in the city, where he's trying to deal with his own mortality and the uncertainty of his future. Leah is his next-door neighbor. Let the fun begin.

The secondary characters in the novel are well-drawn (Leah's less-than-perfect sister, Audrey, will get her own story), and the struggles the characters face are realistic and compelling, unlike some of the silly misunderstandings that keep too many heroes and heroines apart.

"Her Favorite Temptation"isn't literary fiction -- the writing is easy and breezy, but there are no sentences to linger over. As well, this story doesn't hold a candle to Jojo Moyes' contemporary novel on a similar theme ("Me Before You" was an extraordinary book). Yet this is a story that is perfect for a lazy afternoon, a contemporary romance with heart that will keep most readers eagerly turning the pages.
on August 6, 2013
This is the third Sarah Mayberry's book I read. Except I didn't make the connection until I saw her list of previews books, in the end of this one. With that in mind, I wasn't surprised by how much I loved this book.
Gotta say I have no idea how I could not have Sarah on my radar before, since I absolutely loved the other two books I read. Well, she definitely is now.
Oh, Leah and Will... I saw so much of myself in Leah, I couldn't help but understand her in a gut level and adore her for every brave thing she did. She's the kind of character you know can exist in real life and you cheer for her as if you were friends. As for Will, I couldn't help but fall completely in love with him. And the fact that Sarah didn't make him the typical famous bad boy persona was so refreshing!
Her Favorite Temptation has one of the most believable love stories I've ever read. I could see and feel the characters falling in love with each other. And the fact that there isn't a sex scene for each ten pages was a huge plus! When it happened with them, it was truly beautiful and romantic - also, one of the most in my list.
I'm in awe of Sarah's talent. Her writing is incredible and her stories are amazing. I couldn't give another review if not a five-star one. And I recommend you buy this book and start reading it right now.
on August 3, 2013
This book made me laugh, cry and everything in between. I absolutely could not put it down and had to read it through. I am so happy I purchased it because it was so well written, so awespiring, and truly a fantastic story. The characters were very well developed and so down to earth that I could picture myself being friends with them. Basically I just loved everything about this book!
on September 2, 2013
Leah is determined to take her own path for her doctorate rather than be pushed toward living her mother's unfulfilled dreams. Will is a successful musician who has a medical condition that could be life altering. While temporarily living as neighbors, Will and Leah develop a relationship that helps both of them through the difficulties of their lives and leads to a sweet romance. I initially put off reading this book due to the potential sadness of Will's illness, but Sarah Mayberry did a fabulous job addressing the illness. She shares their fears but focuses the story on the strengths of the characters and their feeling for each other which made this an enjoyable story. This was a very sweet read.
on August 27, 2013
I'd say this was a 3.5 stars
This is the story of Leah, a doctor who has always been viewed as the favorite daughter, destined to be a surgeon. She finally decides to chose her own path and change her speciality causing friction with her parents. She meets her next door neighbor Will, a musician who is in town temporarily as he deals with health issues.
While I enjoyed the relation that Will and Leah formed and their scenes together were charming, funny, and sexy, I felt that there was too much time spent on introspection. Basically the characters trying to talk themselves into things, out of things. That made the book's pace move too slowly for my taste.
on August 2, 2013
Everyone has problems but these parents of Leahs are something else if not for her unexpected and well deserved love not sure how she'd make it. A good man with problems of his own but they got together and made it. A fantastic story. Cannot wait to read Aubreys story also. First time for this author not my last. Great great read. A keeper!
on August 30, 2013
Two people who found each other and were able to provide the strength and love they each needed to overcome the problems the each faced.

To follow Leah stand by Will with his health issue and have him support Leah while she worked through her family issues was uplifting.

The fact that Will let himself be open enough to have Leah there through the most vulnerable time in his life was heart warming.
This was a nice, easy read with a very positive feeling.