Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on May 20, 2006
Although this book is supposedly about the sinking and finding of the Titanic the true story in this book is about the effect the Titanic has had on all those who have been in contact with her. Charles Pellegrino's emotional narrative on both the sinking and the discovery of this special ship keep this from being just another dry documentary. Of special intrest (especially in retrospect) is his description of how anyone who has come in contact with her (Titanic) has had their life altered by the experience. Remember this book was written BEFORE the James Cameron blockbuster and look at the effect Titanic has had on his life. Recommended for anyone who is a Titanic buff.
on February 4, 1998
Mr. Pellegrino has written an excellent book about that tragic ship and about the background of the men who found her. A must have for any serious TITANIC "buff". It is also a great companion book to Dr. Ballards "Dicovery of the TITANIC" as it offers insights not contained in his book.
on July 15, 2013
Although I wasn't fond of Pellegrino using figures from the Greek Mythology to describe what happened with Titanic, I still loved the way he narrated on the Titanic.
He has described the tour to the ship in lovely way describing how Robert Ballard have been paralysed by the effect the ship had on him. After all - that was the first time they have ever dived to see the ship and every detail of the dive have been narrated - the minute they founded one of the boilers, the steering Wheel...
Pellegrino IS a science man while Ballard is not, and I could feel it in the way he tried to make sense of how the experience have reshaped him. Seems the only one unaffected by Titanic was the one who navigated Jason Jr...He has been more occupied trying to find the treasure inside a safe they founded on the ship, rather than not trying to open it as probably what Ballard had in mind.
The book is a great prologue to other books by this authr which I know I am going to check. But it was fascinated Reading which also gave me a glimpse into the 80's(my childhood years) Undersea filming Technologies. Thanks to Pellegrino, this trip to the great ship was possible as he was the keyman in the mission of finding the ship. This is a must read book!
on September 24, 2013
Pellegrino Is a pure genius. An interesting personal history has only made the man more remarkable. He writes so clearly and succinctly that even we non-geniuses can keep up.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
Love the book - so interesting. I probably now have almost all the Titanic books which have been printed. Thanks so much.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
This is a Christmas gift. I will not be reading until sometime in the new year. I made the purchase now. I do Christmas shopping early and this is a purchase I wanted. I have read many stories on the Titanic and am sure this book will be just as intriquing as the rest. Sorry!
44 comments0 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse