5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect entry-point
Published on February 14, 2001 by Runar R

3.0 out of 5 stars need help
I am looking for this picture from Herb Ritts: "Jacqui Agyenpong 1, Miami 1997". Can anyone tell me on which book from this author I can find it? Tks. Massimo
Published on July 5, 2001 by Massimo Fucci

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect entry-point, February 14, 2001
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Hardcover)
I remember some years ago spending hours looking through Herb Ritts:Work in a bookstore, wisjing I could afford it. I still can't afford that book, but decided to buy this book instead. I am very glad I did. This is a beautiful book, with every picture presented in rich black/white. I also found the interview with Herb Ritts fascinating, as I can't remember having read an interview with him before. As for the images; They are simply perfect. Favourites images: Bruce Springsteen, and Anjelica Houston

5.0 out of 5 stars herb ritts book, May 29, 2010
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Fotografie Portfolio) (Hardcover)
another great collection of Herb Ritts photos -3 madonna images like : The COver, 1989 photo of madonna in bed with Micky Mouse ears on, The famous TRUE BLUE album cover shot, also featuring : a Britney SPears photo (i'd never seen), Cindy Crawford, Prince, brad pitt, kd lang w/ cindy crawford, bruce springsteen, richard gere from the 80's (HOT), CHER, 2 TINA turner, KIM Bassinger, Sean Penn and many actors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great retrospective...just missing one key element., June 22, 2010
DTG Images (New Hope, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Fotografie Portfolio) (Hardcover)
I love this Herb Ritts retrospective. If you only have one Herb Ritts anthology, this would work, but for one glaring omission: his work with Olivia Newton-John is not at all represented.

Well before Madonna began reinventing herself, Herb Ritts' work with creating the iconic "Physical" images for Olivia are what put him on the map. In fact, Madonna's "True Blue" cover is really an homage to Ritts' earlier "Physical" album cover. Take a look.

That said, this is a great overview of a man whose work, and person, is sorely missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book. Great to own in memory of Herb Ritts., December 28, 2002
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Hardcover)
Herb Ritts passed away on Dec 26 at the age of 50 from complications of pneumonia.
This book is a fabulous collection of his work (at a reasonable price). This book is a collection of black and white photographs by the fabulous fashion photographer.
The photographs are well printed and luscious. Herb Ritts' photographs will be sadly missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The master and his Art, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Fotografie Portfolio) (Hardcover)
The most legendary photographer in popular culture from the last 20 years. Herb Ritts, captured so many stars on film and on video, but none other in a more iconic way than with Madonna. The cover of the book says it all. There are just too many amazing images to choose from but this book pretty much sums it up. The man was a genius. So sad that his early passing means we will not see more of what could have been.

3.0 out of 5 stars need help, July 5, 2001
This review is from: Herb Ritts (Hardcover)

Herb Ritts (Fotografie Portfolio)
Herb Ritts (Fotografie Portfolio) by Herb Ritts (Hardcover - January 15, 2010)
Used & New from: $66.78