Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 27, 2011
I love this as an alternative to beef stock and bouillion cubes. It is the only sodium free that I can find. Why do they have to put salt in everything. I wish manufacturers would start leaving the salt out of everything (and sugar) and let us season to our own tastes
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2012
Fantastic flavor enhancer for those of us on low sodium diets. A word of caution, however; salt is replaced by potassium chloride. If you are on a potassium sparing blood pressure medication, You should discuss use of this with your doctor. On the other hand, potassium can help lower blood pressure, and one serving of this product is a healthy dose, similar to that in a potato, or a banana. I take Diovan, and was concerned, but my BP has lowered while incorporating a teaspoon a day in my diet, and I am highly pleased with this product.
on February 7, 2011
'I use this product because my husband has congestive heart failure and
the safe levels of potassium chloride is over 4000 mg per day. Never
use that much but the flavoring in food really helps. Cannot find this
product in any of the local stores. Product was fresh dated Thanks for
offering it!
on March 21, 2011
We don't use salt in our home and this product really helps provide lots of flavor to our foods.

I have had a lot of trouble finding this item in my local grocery stores so I was pleased to find it here.
on December 19, 2011
Maintaining a low sodium diet is extremely hard. Sodium free bouillon helps make things tasty and I am very happy to have this product available. I only wish it were available in my local stores. I use both the beef & the chicken bouillon to season vegetables, gravies, and soups. Because one member of the family is also gluten intollerant, this particular product is especially a boon for me. Thank you, Hormel for this product.!
on September 29, 2011
I have Meniere's disease and need a sodium-free diet. The markets in the city where I live do not offer a product like this, so I was thrilled to find it on Amazon. It also contains no MSG. Excellent flavoring.
on April 8, 2011
Hard to find in the stores, but always available on Amazon. Great item. Highly recommended for your low sodium diet.
on March 16, 2013
Like most, I have to avoid sodium NOT by choice. This bouillon makes my otherwise bland soup taste decent. This with lentils, broccoli, carrots, garlic, Mrs Dash (no salt added), some quinoa, and voila! I have a low fat, highly nutritious, and tasty soup.

I recommended to friends and family!
on January 19, 2013
I've ordered this products before, and will continue to do so. Since I had to cut out salt from my diet, I tried several salt-free varieties of boullion before settling on HerbOx. Their chicken and beef boullions are full of flavor. I use them often for flavoring vegetables and soups.
on September 19, 2014
I had to cut sodium and a lot of other things in my diet, and it is hard to get anything that tastes decent and is salt-free. I rarely use just boullion/broth, mostly use this as flavoring in other food I am preparing. As a 'spice' and as a condiment (sprinkled on after wards as a flavor enhancer just like you would use pepper) I have liked the taste. It dissolves well in hot water/boiling water. A jar lasts a reasonable amount of time too, I like that. The box of six means I'm not out immediately and if I reorder when I open the last jar I will never be out, and I have never had to worry about reaching date (a year or more out when I receive a box). Sodium salted will taste different.... for salt free this is a really good flavor. And it doesn't have MSG.

Ingredients: Sugar (gives 1g sugar and adds to the 2g of carb per teaspoon), potassium chloride, onion powder, maltodextrin, monammonium glutamate, gelatin, beef fat, autolyzed yeast, silicon dioxide (anticaking), carmel color, spice, sodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, dextrose, flavoring.

I don't like eating MSG and I actually hunted this up, there are several glutamate salts, the sodium glutamate is MSG, the one here is a version of the ammonium glutamate, in same family... but not the same one. It doesn't cause me issues that MSG seems to. The potassium chloride has a slightly different bite than regular salt, and I think it tends to go better with the beef flavor. I have tried their chicken flavor and the potassium bite doesn't work with the chicken flavor as well.