5.0 out of 5 stars Razer sharp
I like my blades to be shaving sharp this yellow stone is just the ticket. Build yourself a good strop apply the yellow stone and start shaving.
Published 18 months ago by lever gunner

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Not impressed.
Published 1 day ago by Nicholas Mitri

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer sharp, June 21, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Best There Is, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
I've been using Herb's Yellowstone since it was really yellow. The late Herb Dunkle was a master knife maker, and I still have several of his knives.

I use Yellowstone both on a leather strop and on a buffing wheel. I have not found anything better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
I love this compound. Not only does it work extremely well, I enjoyed the instructions that are included with the product. It's more than obvious that this guy is not only concerned with his product, he personalized his instructions to meet the consumers needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have for ultimate knife sharpness, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
Was somewhat hard to get out of the cardboard container without tearing it. More powdery than I thought it would be but seems to work pretty well. No complaints, should last me a long time. I use it on an old leather belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
i use this product for knife polishing and stropping to get a razor sharp edge on my blades. works great i love this product would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice edge for their blades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get It Sharp, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
This stuff really finishes the knife sharpening process. It's not as sharp as it could be until you strop with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, excellent product at a dirt cheap price, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
Excellent product. I am a fanatic for sharp working tools and this product when used with my leather strop gives an edge that must be seen to be believed. Absolutely sets a new standard. It could come in a slightly more usable form, say a sprinkle on powder rather than a hard block, but the effectiveness at finishing a sharp edge is literally amazing. For the cost of an old thick soild leather belt and a bar of this dressing you will be astounded.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can shave with any knife I own, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
Since I was a little boy I dreamed of having a pocket knife sharp enough to shave with. I remember when I started building my knife collection in my early teens, I spent hours sharpening and refining my blades, but only rarely got it sharp enough to cut hair on my arm, and even then it was very rough and hurt a lot and I couldn't do it often. Usually I just got lucky.

Then I found out about stropping. And that is where rubbing compounds like Herbs come in handy. I didn't even have to use leather. I just rubbed some of this peach colored compound on a piece of card board, and began stropping my M16, Gerber, and HIbben's back and forth and within a few minutes of work I was easily shaving hair on my arm and back of my hand. Not just razor sharp, but smooth. It didn't irritate my skin.

I imagine on a proper razor blade that this compound could restore even the dullest razor without the need to sharpen. The only downside is it does remove metal, but not nearly as much as a honing stone. You could probably use this stuff to put the edge back on scalpel and xacto/hobby knives as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
The compound I purchased is giving me the final touches I needed for my knife sharpening. Thank You very much

5.0 out of 5 stars great compound, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Herb's Yellowstone Honing and Stropping Compound (Misc.)
Wow this stuffs awesome, I was surprised to see that the stuff had a pink color to it it and was skeptical about it even working. But it will put a mirror polish on on you blade. Works great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›