5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Price
I've had the opportunity to use all kinds of different mixers and controllers (Traktor S2 and Z2, Pioneer Cdj's, Xone 4D, etc), but I was looking for a deck that could compete with these mixers for a significantly lower price; I was fortunate enough to find this one.

Published 2 months ago by The A. Kat

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting close to avoiding amazon based purchases.
Didn't come with any cords... awaiting a solution... Very upset to be given half a product.

It clearly states that at least the power adapter was to be included.

Update: Still no answer from anyone. Do I really need to return the entire product just so I don't get ripped off?

Update: Amazon handled the situation... unfortunately... while...
Published 7 months ago by DrFrankenstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Price, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Hercules DJ Console 4-MX, Black (Electronics)

This has everything an aspiring new DJ needs, but also the mapping possibilities, combinations, and options an experienced DJ needs as well. One thing I really liked about this deck was that it not only had its own integrated sound card, but it also had the outputs necessary for a performance and backlights for late-night gigs--and it's made of metal! You can also incorporate turntables into the control as separate decks which is great if you're in a gig where they give you more freedom on your sets.

The only issue I have (if anything) is the backlit keys only seem to work on Virtual DJ. I usually use the deck with IL's Deckadance software, and the lights don't show, but it's not that big of a deal.

Bottom Line: The Hercules console is a well-produced controller that provides high-standard output for half the price of most popular mixers. It's great for its price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., January 7, 2014
This review is from: Hercules DJ Console 4-MX, Black (Electronics)
I previously had a Hercules RMX and liked it. Got a new black HP laptop recently and wanted a new black controller to match. The operation of the 4-MX is similar to the RMX I had, so it wasn't hard to adjust. It's got a few more features than the RMX and works great with Virtual DJ Pro. Does exactly what I need without being overly complicated or cluttered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ad some pizzaz to your VDJ system!!!, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Hercules DJ Console 4-MX, Black (Electronics)
Great tool to have as a DJ utilizing Virtual Dj skins. I have been able to have more fun with simply using the basics - can't wait to learn to utilize the entire set up!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting close to avoiding amazon based purchases., December 4, 2013
This review is from: Hercules DJ Console 4-MX, Black (Electronics)

It clearly states that at least the power adapter was to be included.

Update: Amazon handled the situation... unfortunately... while the Hercules' looks solid... even being incredibly careful and babying it in the carrying bag isn't enough to prevent the upper knobs from breaking. I opened it up to see if I could repair it... unfortunately couldn't...

I am so excited that my hercules is basically junk now because of a cheap made knob.

You'll notice on the hercules... there are two knobs that spin full circle. The knob is cheap plastic jammed into a metal housing... they'd snap off if they fell from a chair... which is what happened to me... while in the case.

The unit looks sturdy... it looks beastly... but all the ports and knobs make this hercules junk.

Overall... I'm not happy that 1. I didn't get a freakin' power cord!? AND 2. My laptop can handle a spill off a 2 foot high chair. Glass can handle a spill from a 2 foot high chair. Hercules... (ironic because of its name) is a joke.

That aside... the controller sucks in a lot of other ways. In VDJ, the left and right buttons follow the same command. One's deck fx is the same as the other deck's fx. They aren't separate signals. Different buttons on different decks should have seperate midi controls.

Hercules DJ Console 4-MX, Black