The Hercules DJ Console Rmx is a digital audio console designed for advanced and professional DJs. Stellar features include a solid metal casing, broad surface, well-designed, accessible buttons and knobs, precise and comprehensive controls, a built-in audio interface with 4 inputs and 4 outputs and an aggressive price. Get ready to see how the DJ Console Rmx is one of the most comprehensive digital dual mixing deck in its category.
A digital audio console designed for advanced and professional DJs. Click to enlarge.
Mobility and Stability for Production and Live Performances
The Hercules DJ Console Rmx has been designed to enable mobile DJs as well as club and studio DJs to mix digital music. This "nomadic" device simply connects to the USB port of a PC or Mac laptop. Broad enough in size to allow DJs to mix with unrivalled ease and precision, it is also compact enough to follow users to any event--its measurements (35 x 25 cm) are equivalent to those of a laptop computer.
For live mixing and seamless integration with the DJ's professional environment, the DJ Console Rmx features a solid metal casing and non-slip pads guaranteeing perfect stability. Adding to its stability, the device boasts flawless drivers thanks to the competence of the company's Canadian R&D division and to the expertise acquired by the team over 20 years of experience in computer-assisted audio processing.
Designed for Precise, Swift Mixing
The Hercules DJ Console RMX offers DJs precision and speed in all their moves, thanks to 2 ultra-precise jog wheels for moving within tracks and for scratching, 12 rotary switches, 46 push-buttons, 6 faders--including pitch faders with a center detent--plus an innovative and convenient general volume fader. The roomy layout of the controls allows DJs to perfect fumble-free mixes. Indeed, the controls are designed for quick and intuitive use; DJs will find their marks quickly, allowing them to focus their full attention and ability to the music and the dance floor.
Built-in Audio Interface With Specialized DJing Audio Features
As an expert in the design of audio interfaces, Hercules determined that the integration of an audio interface featuring 4 inputs and 4 outputs on the Hercules DJ Console Rmx was both obvious and essential. The interface grants access to unique features such as:
- 4 audio outputs offering:
- Maximum sound over 4 mono 1/4-inch jack outputs, outputting +4dBu for PA equipment,
- Audio output levels at -10dBv over 4 RCA outputs, for connecting consumer devices (hi-fi systems, recording devices etc.)
- Simple integration to the DJ's equipment by means of 2 stereo analog inputs enabling users to mix, via the DJ software, external sources with digital music; the console also features a phono/line-level selector on each input, ideal for connecting turntables, CD or MP3 players and rhythm boxes.
- Microphone (with talk-over feature) and headset (for preview feature) connectors are accessible on the console's upper face and front face, enabling DJs to use the console with unrivalled ease, whether in a flight case, on a DJ stand or on a tabletop!
Dedicated Software for Optimum Digital DJing Control
The Hercules DJ Console Rmx comes with VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition, the reference in the DJing world for PC, now also available for Mac. VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition instantly connects to the console. The software includes features and settings specific to the Hercules DJ Console Rmx, and combines the power of the VirtualDJ mixing engine with the ergonomics of the Hercules DJ Console Rmx.
The Hercules DJ Console Rmx is a MIDI controller and therefore compatible with other MIDI-controlled software applications.
Compatible With Standard DJing Digital Music Libraries
The Hercules DJ Console Rmx enables DJs to mix the music files stored on their PC or Mac in the following formats: MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA, OGG & CD Audio, as well as the iTunes library.
Hercules DJ Console Rmx Features at a Glance
- 2 jog wheels for navigating within the music, speeding up or slowing down tracks and scratching
- 1 cross fader and 3 volume faders
- 2 pitch faders
- 2 x 3 buttons for pitch setting : 2 for master tempo, 2 for Auto-Sync and 2 for pitch reset
- 2 x 3 buttons for playback control (Play / Cue / Stop)
- 2 X 2 Rewind / Fast Forward buttons for navigating within the loaded audio tracks
- 2 x 3 Equalizer knobs and 2 x 3 Kill buttons
- 2 x 6 buttons for loops, pitch bend, effects and sampler
- 1 button for switching the jog wheels in scratch mode
- 4 directional buttons (up / right / down / left) for browsing menus and 2 buttons for loading tracks on the decks
- 2 gain knobs and 2 buttons for assigning external audio sources on the deck
- 1 balance knob
- 1 microphone volume knob + 1 microphone on/off switch + 1 microphone 1/4-inch jack mono connector
- 2 Cue Select buttons + 1 Cue-Main knob for monitoring + 1 headphones knob + one 1/4-inch jack connector for headphones
- Four RCA output connectors featuring -10 dBv level for connecting a stereo system, a recorder or a mixing deck
- Four 1/4-inch jack mono output connectors featuring +4 dBu level to connect a PA amplifier or PA speakers
- Two independent stereo inputs via 4 RCA connectors, with a switch for audio input level selection: line or phono
- USB connector for connection to a PC (USB 2.0 or 1.1) or Mac (USB 2.0).
- Microphone 1/4-inch jack mono input
- Headphones 1/4-inch jack stereo output
What's in the Box
DJ Control RMX USB-Powered Control Surface, Software CD, Carrying Bag, User's Manual