5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hooks!!!
Published on December 6, 2006 by L. Samqua

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on interior walls, bad on exterior walls
Published on November 25, 2007 by Aaron Sandpiper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hooks!!!, December 6, 2006
I have a lot of heavy mirrors and pictures, I also have many big holes in my walls because I change things around often. I bought these hooks after patching up the big holes from screws, nails, anchors, etc. I must say I am very happy with this product. They are very easy to use and it just took me seconds to hang a very big picture. Now I won't feel so bad when I change things up because the hole left in the wall is minimal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worst picture-hangers in the US rejoices!!!!!, December 8, 2006
My wife and I bought these hooks on the chance that these hooks might save us the pain and suffering that goes with hanging pictures and things on the wall. These hooks are all they are cracked up to be...they actually work. I thought there was no way they would, but sure enough push them in, turn them around, and there you have a perfect hook for that picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hanging system I have ever found, April 18, 2007
S. Wilensky (Middletown, NY United States) - See all my reviews
It is hard to get excited over a hook in the wall but these things are amazing. So simple yet so perfect for the job they do. I hang a lot of pictures and have always been annoyed at the options. These have changed everything. They are the perfect hanger. They simply poke into the wall and remove leaving the smallest nail size hole. I know it sounds stupid but I love these things! They seem a bit expensive but are worth it. They make my life easier and that is surely worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little gadget, August 26, 2007
PROS:
-Super easy to use. Just follow the instructions. Of course it won't go through a stud or anything, but as long as you're clear of that you should have no problem. Didn't really even take any muscle. Instant gratification.
-Haven't hung anything really heavy yet and probably will stick to pictures, but it does seem like it would hold more weight than a nail of similar size.

CONS:
-Things do tend to stick out from the wall a bit, so you may want to either squeeze in the hook part flatter before installing, or use sticky to keep pics straight after hanging. Using a knife or stick to pull the hook down a little flatter to the wall helps also.
-Some hangers won't really work with it well, for example a sawtooth that is cut *into* a frame (not a metal thing attached)- not enough for it to hook onto.
-"Pin-size hole" is an exaggeration -- it's really about the size of a standard nail hole.
-If you're hanging a few things side by side, it can take some finagling to get things to line up right. (Yeah, if I had AAA batteries for the free laser thing, it may have been a bit easier.)

SO...yeah, I have more cons that pros, but it balances out. They're just so much easier (and most likely stronger) than getting out a hammer and nail, wall anchors, etcetc. I won't use these for really heavy things, but I'll definitely be using them for all the smaller things I need places for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on interior walls, bad on exterior walls, November 25, 2007
Aaron Sandpiper (Deerfield, IL USA) - See all my reviews
The product works well on interior walls that do not have insulation in them. However, on exterior walls that do have insulation, the insulation prevents the hook from angling itself up so it can go in all the way. Instead, it goes straight and hits the other side of the wall. The hole size is larger then what I would call pin size; it's about the size of a penny nail especially after twisting around the hook. Overall I did like this product, but just can't use it everywhere. They shipped this product to me quickly, and I received it in less than a week.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as on TV, January 1, 2008
Jay Heyl (Orange, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The hooks do appear to perform as shown on TV, but my attempts to install them have not been very smooth. My house has block wall construction and there is apparently very little room between the back of the wallboard and the block wall. Nowhere near enough room to push the hook straight in and turn it around. My only marginal success at home required me to insert the hook at a very shallow angle to the wall. Even then I couldn't get the hook all the way in.

At work I've run into a similar issue with the outer walls. There simply isn't enough space between the wallboard and the outer concrete wall to twist the hook around like shown on TV. I did get them to work on one of the interior walls, but then I kept bumping into the metal studs, which are impossible to hear when you rap the wall. I ended up putting half a dozen holes in the wall before finding a couple spots that worked. They should include a stud finder rather than a laser marker with this package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly and no more "lost" nails, May 19, 2007
Mystery Maven (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I used this to hang up a medium sized mirror over my fireplace mantle. These hooks work great--no hammer needed. And best of all there are no more "lost" nails. You know--when you put a nail in drywall and the nail sinks flush to the wall. Well that doesn't happen because of the hook on the end. Just make sure you plan for the hook to hang about 1/4" below where the pointed end goes in. (As always, measure, measure, measure!)

I totally disagree that these are hard to insert at least in drywall. (Maybe they ran into a stud or have something other than drywall?) And you're not going to get a smaller hole from any nail. Also, you don't end up with a larger hole because of having to keep picking the nail back out from the wall. I know a clock I'm going to re-hang where this is happening.

This set includes a laser marker which is pretty good if you don't have one. However you have to used the "putty" substance and/or the included thumb tacks to hold it to the wall. Not really wild about putting two OTHER holes from the thumb tacks on a wall, but you could have someone hold it. It is helpful and you can't beat the price.

Finally, I feel like decorating our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW, May 20, 2007
Amazon Customer (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Moved into a new office. Usually to hang pictures they send two guys over with hammers, drills etc. Had the job done with Hercules Hooks in 1/3 of the time.

This product works. Amazing. A great idea and the proverbial better mousetrap. Move over post-it-notes and velcro.

5.0 out of 5 stars These hooks rock!!, January 4, 2008
I bought these hooks well over a year ago and was amazed that something "as seen on TV" actually worked, and do they ever work. They are so simple to use, and as a single mom, that is good because god knows I don't have time to be putting in a stud and screw to properly hang things. I have even moved to a new house and took all of them out of my old house walls and put them in the new house, and they worked like they were brand new. I love these things and am going to need to order more soon. I think I will try the "mightyputty" next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but textured walls were an issue, May 12, 2007
It was not as easy for me to install the hooks as I anticipated but I think it is because I have textured walls. I actually had to use a nail to make a starter hole. So far I have only hung up canvas paintings and nothing too heavy, but I do look forward to using them instead of drywall anchors for my heavier items. The one plus is that the hole the hook leaves in the wall is pretty small.