Hercules The Legendary Journeys - Season 4
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I always like seeing Lucy Lawless come back as Xena, and she stars in two episodes, as noted below.
1. Beanstalks and Bad Eggs: Hercules sets out to find the kidnapped Lianna, and finds her caring for the Harpies' three golden eggs.
2. Hero's Heart: The goddess of luck, in an effort to erase one painful incident, erases all of Iolaus' memory.
3. Regrets... I've Had a Few: Death comes for Jaris, an old friend of Hercules.
4. Web of Desire: While burying a trunk of stolen jewels, a pirate captain is attacked by Arachne, half woman and half spider.
5. Stranger in a Strange World: gs: Lucy Lawless: A vortex into a parallel universe reveals different roles for Hercules, Xena, Zeus, Iolaus, and the Sovereign.
6. Two Men and a Baby: Nemesis leaves her six-month old son with Hercules, and tells him that he is the father.
7. Prodigal Sister: Hercules frees a blind boy from slavery. When they find his sister, they find her to be an Amazon warrier who believes she was abandoned by her parents.
8. ...And Fancy Free: Hercules volunteers to be Althea's partner in a dance competition.
9. If I Had A Hammer: When Hercules poses for a museum centerpiece, the resulting sculpture comes to life.
10. Hercules on Trial: When a Hercules impersonator is killed, Hercules is blamed and put on trial.
11.Read more ›
In the season opener, "Beanstalks and Bad Eggs", Hercules and Autolycus (played brilliantly by Bruce Campbell) are out to rescue Lianna, who had been kidnapped by the giant Typhoon and taken to a castle in the clouds. Upon climbing a giant beanstalk, the two unlikely partners find Lianna in Typhoon's castle, caring for three golden eggs that belonged to the Harpies. Without spoiling the rest, the high points to watch are Autolycus' explanation of the art of love and one of the classic lines of the series concerning the harpies.
The usual mixture of Pop Culture references, legend, myth and fairy tale which, though strange bedfellows are somehow a great combination, permeate this seasons episodes. In "Hero's Heart" we have a standard episode where Iolaus (Hercules' sidekick played by the very talented Michael Hurst) loses his memory and ends up fighting his best friend. Although this has been done to death in the science fiction/fantasy genres, it plays well in the Hercules universe.
There are three homages to modern cinema in this set. "...And Fancy Free" is Hercules The Legendary Journeys' answer to "Dirty Dancing." "My Fair Cupcake" is obviously based on "Pygmalion" which later became the musical "My Fair Lady" from which the title is derived and centers around the character of Autolycus and his former girlfriend.Read more ›
These myths and legends of Hercules include a selection of reality in the episode, "Yes Virginia, There is a Hercules" which was a very humorous one. You will not get such an argument from the story either. The suspense will not leave you unsatisfied because the story and the scripts written in the play are unforgettable. I really enjoyed the lines from "Stranger in a Strange World" from the evil Hercules, the Sovereign, in which there are two worlds and everyone on this opposite side of the world behave with opposite character traits.
I must say that this is where the real fun begins. For the first time, we see Hera in full human form and a flashback of the young hercules is given an appearence. One of the best parts about viewing the dvd content is the video and audio commentary, along with interviews with the cast and the crew. Its exciting to hear about that the actors feel about the episode, what they think of the other characters and how they feel about them.
Bruce Campbell is a plus in this series as well as the comedy that goes with it. I don't think he is the only reason that made this series funny, some of the episodes like Stranger in a Strange world were funny because stars like Kevin Sorbo were Fancy Free. As Kevin Sorbo would like to put it, this season of Hercules is a HOOT!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What can I say - it's HERCULES!! Season 4 isn't my favorite season of the series, but I enjoy this set all the same.Published 10 days ago by Alwzreading
I needed this set since one of the discs in my whole season set was broken. I just wanted to replace the disc, but they don't sell discs individually so I bought this season! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ladyisis82
i love these type of shows you should make a revival show with everyone bk in itPublished 3 months ago by Cindy Martin
I love the fact that this series never takes itself too seriously.Published 3 months ago by Anna Suhy
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV