Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on April 3, 2009
This is one of the best investments for the money... the location in New Zealand has the most beautiful scenery of anywhere, so having all the action set against that background made the series even more enjoyable. Kevin Sorbo is a pleasure to look at, you learn a lesson in each episode, and also you don't have to fight every time to get people to listen. That's what he tries to accomplish. His buddy and best friend, played by Michael Hurst, is a great compliment to the fun and adventure of the show. His energy and Hercule's steadfastness go hand-in hand rounding out each episode making each one an enjoyable feast. Even though you can pretty much figure out that you have bullies to put down, the stories are good, the action is tops, and the bullies can sure take a fall !! Best thing I ever did was purchase this series.
on November 28, 2008
Where the ancient gods were petty and cruel...

But, wherever there was evil, wherever an innocent would suffer...there would be Hercules!

Dear Lord! I watched the show when it was first-ran. After that, I caught it in syndication. Finally, after all the waiting and wondering if I'd see it again (when Action Pack suspended it's airing on cable) it became available on DVD.

Anthony Quinn is beautiful and believeable as Zeus, the all-powerful king of the gods. God rest his soul. Every time I see an episode with him in it, I miss him.

Kevin Sorbo is an "every man" who portrays the hero everyone is looking for. In this crazy, mixed up world we live in who doesn't need a little hope that all men can be as kind as a Greek demigod?

Michael Hurst is one of my favorite actors in this series. I loved his character (Hercules best friend) so much I named an adopted stray cat after him.

A fun series if you love Greek mythology! Great writing, great acting and a sense of humor that is desperately needed once again on t.v.. Good, clean fun.
on February 25, 2010
The description of this product did not indicate that it also included the 4 movies that aired before the series began. I was looking for all the movies and series episodes so this far exceeded expectations.
on September 2, 2008
I loved this series along with Xena. Highlander, and Raven. I purchased the VHS tapes and then the DVD's. I just had surgery and figured that I would watch these series's to visit many of my favorite actors and episodes. I had not watched them for a long time. What is it with these DVD producers? They were released around 2003 and yet they have no CC's or subtitles. This is no way to treat loyal fans. The music has been made louder but the dialogue is now too soft to hear over the music. There are many people with decreased hearing not only due to aging and not all of the people who enjoyed these shows were in their early 20's to 30's, teenagers, or younger! It seems to me that the DVD's should at least be replaced with ones that have CC's and/or subtitles. 5 stars for the shows with no stars for the DVD companies who released these shows.
on February 6, 2011
I was an avid Xena and Hercules fan. I bought the Xena series a few years ago and have enjoyed it very much. I always wanted the Hercules series to complete my "collection". Hercules was a lighter show with some quirks and laughs along his legendary journeys. My favorite episode is "Stranger in a Strange World" where Iolus enters a parallel universe to find a dark and cruel version of Hercules and a love-spewing Ares as the God of Love (all dressed in white). What a stitch! Needless to say, it was the first episode I watched. I've now seen all the original movies before the 1st season - which I had missed during their original airing. One note to those who never watch the credits - you are missing the funny statements included in the credits. Instead of "no animals were harmed in the production of this show" you see things like "Hera was foiled in her attempt to thwart Hercules during the production of this show." I highly recommend the Hercules bundle.
on November 30, 2012
These five movies (oh yes, you get the movies as well!) and the series make the best entertainment I've had in years. For those of you, who are tired with nowadays series, full of special effects, but often lacking humour, I'd recommend 'Hercules - The legendary journeys' - just to let yourselves get carried away by these tongue-in-cheek movies/series with a pinch of mythology thrown in. I admit that at first I counted on closer relation to Greek myths, but then I truly appreciated the mix of different legends and beliefs (for instance Scandinavian). And later on I just went with the flow and simply enjoyed the wordplay that is so much used in the series and is really funny. And last, but not least - I like that there is a message in almost every episode, a message that reminds you what is important in life. I'm convinced that once you try it, you will come back to it.
on November 4, 2013
If you liked the series, you will love the collection. If you have never seen the series, but are a fan of shows that are comedic, have action and adventure, and are a bit campy, then you'd like the series. Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst are great in most of the episodes. The guest starring characters are, for the most part, wonderful character actors. I preferred the later seasons, because the effects and the material became better, but all of the seasons were good in their own way. I loved the commentaries on all of the episodes. But then, I love behind the scenes stuff. Kevin and Michael both did commentaries throughout the series - mostly Kevin, but the later episodes had some with both of them in the commentaries. Also plenty of interviews of the stars and some of the writers/directors/producers. The set itself came on time and in great shape - no issues with any of the discs.
on December 15, 2009
I liked Hercules when it was on tv, and figured it would be nice to see them all. I've missed quite a few shows so this was a nice set. The downside is that the dvd's are very poorly made and cause problems playing them in the dvd player. The disks must be off balanced a bit because the rattling noises some of them make are quite annoying.
on November 14, 2011
I watched this show when I was younger, but it wasn't until I purchased the complete series season 1-6 set to watch with my kids that I was able to appreciate the true entertainment value of this show. The chemistry between Hercules (Kevin Sorbo) and his sidekick Iolis (Michael Hurst) is endearing on many levels. Several characters also have recurring roles which adds to the charm of these stories. Initially focusing on Greece and popular Greek mythology in later seasons the series also sees Hercules travel to Mesopotamia, Ireland and Egypt briefly exploring the Sumarian, Celtic and Egyptian culture/gods. Though there is a certain amount of violence in these episodes, the violence is often more comical than brutal as Hercules and Iolis dazzle us with their fancy footwork and Asian inspired fighting techniques. Some favorite characters include Salmoneus, Autolycus, Aphrodite, Aries and of course, the Widow Twanky (played by Michael Hurst).

As the relationship between these characters develop, so does the humor and artistic quality of the episodes. Kevin Sorbo even meets and finds his real life wife, who Hercules also marries in the series. Most episodes have an underlying theme/moral. And while it does stretch the mythological references, it is still a great way to bring these ancient characters to life. My kids and I were studying traditional Greek mythology at the time and I was amazed by how many real mythological stories were incorporated into the series.

I would actually put this up there with one of my other all time favorites, Star Trek.

This was a great series. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and so did my kids who wanted to watch them again, and again, and again. It was well worth the price. In fact, I was so impressed with Kevin Sorbo in the role of Hercules, I have considered purchasing Andromeda, a series he starred in after Hercules ended.
on January 7, 2015
I bought this as a birthday present for myself. It had Hercules and the Amazon Women, Hercules and the Lost Kingdom, Hercules and the Circle of Fire, Hercules in the Underworld, and Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur along with season 1-6. It is FANTASTIC!! The best birthday gift to me!!