Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 19, 2006
This book (mine was purchased from an Amazon Affiliate) is absolutely essential if you are involved in a recording project.

With all the techno-toys available to the enginner today - it is important to see how it was done when there were NO TOYS and NO HUGE PROCESSORS and NOT MODELING, etc. This is ingenuity at it's finest.

Here, There and Everywhere shows straight up hard expirementation and documents in detail "HOW THESE TRACKS WERE RECORDED". I am not sorry I bought this and I only wish there were a lot more books like it.
on May 18, 2009
I FEEL THAT THIS BOOK FILLS IN THE BLANKS OF THE TRUE STORY OF THE BEATLES. I HAVE READ MOST OF THE BOOKS ABOUT THEM , SINCE I TRULY AM A FAN. I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN MOST OF THIS HAPPENED. GEOFF'S BOOK IS AN UNVARNISHED ACCOUNT OF THE PERSONALITIES OF THE BEATLES ,AND THEIR INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. IN ADDITION , THERE ARE FASCINATING DETAILS CONCERNING SOME OF THE PERIPHERAL CHARACTERS [ GEORGE MARTIN , MAGIC ALEX MARDAS ,ETC. ] AND NONE OF IT IS GOSSIP ! SOME OF THE STORIES SURPRISED ME [ PAUL PLAYED LEAD GUITAR ON "TAXMAN....." ]

I RECOMMEND THIS HIGHLY TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT.......
on February 5, 2012
I just finished reading this book, the first one on my new Kindle I got for Christmas. I love the kindle.
This is my 5th Beatles book. I am 50 years old and have been a lifelong Beatles fan. I am a hobby musician who has built small home studios in the past and have always been interested in the process of recording as well as the writing and performance part of music. This book was a fascinating look into the process of recording in my opinion the greatest band ever.
From the the other Beatles books that I have read this book rings true to me. I have read this book, the Beatles own "Anthology", "The Beatles" by Bob Spitz, "Can't Buy Me Love" by Jonathan Gould, and "The Beatles" by Allan Kozinn". In my opinion Spitz's book was the most comprehensive early accounting of their live's. Anthology is a must because it's straight from the source, and Kozinn's book (still my favorite) was the most comprehensive look from a musical standpoint, but Mr. Emerick's book (the luckiest man alive? Ha! :>) hold's a unique place as well. His life was a convergence of great timing and great talent, and he writes a well written well organized story here.
I have always told my kid's that a successful life has three elements, good timing, a little luck, and a lot of hard work, and that formula certainly fits the bill for Mr. Emerick when describing his life and experience's. He give's the reader an honest look from the inside. This is a must read for any Beatles fan, but most especially for any fan that is a musician or has an interest in recording and the process. Thank you Mr. Emerick for sharing your story. The only thing left is for Sir Paul to write his biography. Now THAT'S a story still left to be told!
on November 8, 2009
Geoff Emerick has an amazing insight into the rise and fall of the greatest rock band ever. This amazing book is a must read for Beatlemaniacs, but it is also a valuable account of the inovation and creativity that went into producing the musical masterpieces of The Beatles in the age before computers. The best way to understand the Fabs is through their music. Put down the sensationalized tabloid biographies and pick this book up, then hunker down with your Beatles collection, and read. You'll never hear the music the same way again.
on January 1, 2013
Interesting book on some of the behind the scenes of making music. The tricks and trials of making some of the innovative sounds in music. Interesting stories and tidbits of some of the recording sessions. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book!
on March 25, 2006
Excellent book by Mr. Emerick by someone who was "there". The reviewers below nicely sum up my oberservations, save the one reviewer who commented about inaccuracy (Emerick was a key contributor to Anthology and other Beatle historical documentation!). His accounting of historical recordings will drive you back to your CD player (or, as he strongly prefers vinyl) to listen to what he describes (e.g. Patti Harrison providing background scream in Yellow Submarine). Buy it and "listen" ...
on June 13, 2010
i really really enjoyed this book. im a huge beatles fan since i can remember, its really cool to get the inside scoop on their sessions from someone who was there, but not one of the fab 4 or george martin. not much techie talk, just good storytelling and some great insights into the psyches of the 4 beatles. geoff emerick broke all the rules of traditional recording techniques and the methods he invented are now the industry standard techniques. fantastic book.
on January 6, 2014
After reading this ebook you can get an idea of how were the recording sessions conducted and who gave creative input on the music, the vibe, the story behind the most revolutionary recording engineer in our century.
on January 8, 2010
Geoff Emerick has provided the most insight of what is was like to be in the studio with a Beatles. By far the best I have ever read. It was the first book I purchased for our new Kindle and I read it voraciously in just a week's time.
Emerick lets his readers know the graciousness of McCartney, the untechnical, moody but talented Lennon and the struggles of Harrison and Starr to live up to expections of their more talented bandmates.
A great read!
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2009
I'm not much of a Beatles fan, but I could not put this book down. It's a fascinating look not only at the Beatles but at the creative process at work, and the inner dynamics of a band on it's rise to the top. Along the way you get an insider's view of the creative decisions that lead to the songs and sounds we know so well. For anyone into recording, this book will inspire you to try something new and experiment more. Great book and a great read.