5.0 out of 5 stars My hair can't live without this product..., March 1, 2007
I have thin hair that was getting thinner until I started using this product. It keeps my hair full, healthy, and I swear it got thicker since using this shampoo. This has been the only shampoo I've used for almost 2 years now and I won't be stopping any time soon. Great for thinning hair, brittle hair, dry scalp, or other problem heads. I thought it would smell bad but it really doesn't and it doesn't smell at all when it's rinsed out. Edgar Cayce has been a big influence in my life and my health. Great man - Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans hair better than anything I have ever used., December 19, 2011
This review is from: Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid (Misc.)
I absolutely love this shampoo! I am a 59 year old woman with a receding hairline and thining hair on top. So, when I read Edgar Cayce's recommendation for hair loss, I decided to try this shampoo. I actually loved the scent from the beginning. Be sure and shake it up before using. It has a menthol kind of scent and I love leaving it on my head as long as possible. I also shampoo and leave it on my eyebrows and they are thickening also. From the first time I used it, I noticed that it cleans my hair so well that it gives the illusion of more hair in the thin spots. I highly recommend this shampoo and hope you get the results I am getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid (Misc.)
I have to confess that I am an Edgar Cayce fan so when my hair started thinning because of menopause, I was frantic for something that could give me back my thick hair. I found crudoleum and started using it. The smell was not pleasant at first, I felt like I'd walked into a mechanic's shop, not a pleasant memory considering my 9 years of owning a 94 Jeep Cherokee, but after a few washes, I started to like the smell. After my hair started thickening up again, I loved the smell.

Due to a recent bout of grief, I lost a half-dollar patch of hair. Imagine my panic. I took lots of herbs for stress, and continued using my Crudoleum and low and behold, my hair started growing back. I can't tell you how relieved I was!

My hairdresser asked me what I was using, since my hair was thicker, and when I told her, she recommended the shampoo to a woman who'd lost some of her hair due to lap band surgery. She started using it and her hair is coming back in thicker. Truly a wonderful product and amazingly, it's good for colored hair, which is to say, it doesn't strip out the color.

I will buy and use this shampoo for the rest of my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars This product changed my hair - for the better, February 26, 2008
Bill F. (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I love Crudoleum. It is the single best product I've ever used on my hair. My hair was thinning considerably, and every time I stop using this shampoo, it thins more. But then I find Crudoleum again (hard to buy -- impossible to find in stores) and it comes back to a healthy state again.

I would disagree with the first review that says that there is no funny smell. It smells like a gas station, but it DOES rinse out nicely. I use the conditioner as well, and the combination is wonderful. This is a high quality product that actually does what it promises, something you don't find often with shampoos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff to help grow your hair back, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid (Misc.)
This is great stuff. May take you awhile to get used to the smell when applying but once it is rinsed off your hair there is no residual oder. You may want to purchase the Olivae Conditioner for tangles and an extra boost for hair growth. This combination has helped me grow my hair back twice. If you are purchasing these items for hair growth I also recommend taking some supplements. If your hair fell out due to an illness or stressful event take some B vitamins or prenatal vitamins. If you are female add an Iron Complex supplement. I used the one from NOW with the Vitamin C and Folate already in it for good absorbtion. No stomache upset for me from this product so if you are sensitive to iron, it may work for you too. Also, taking 2 Saw Palmetto capsules with 2 Lysine pills (Lysine helps the Saw Palmetto be more effective) will also keep the bad androgens/estrogens from attaching to some reproductive organs and hair follicles. Hormones can play a big role in hair loss especially after stressful events. You may say none of these things have been scientifically proven to grow hair and you're right. It just worked for me and I hope you find something that works for you too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only..., January 24, 2014
Bloom (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid (Misc.)
Wouldn't you know it? I finally find the best stuff ever made for my hair and scalp and now they are gone.

The Heritage Store's Crudoleum shampoo and their conditioner are/were my all time favorite hair care products and always made my hair soft and silky, much like the olive oil shampoo, but also with a lot of body that the olive oil shampoos and conditioners don't. With thinning hair, that's important.

I confess that I don't have as much hair as I used to and maybe my losing some makes me value and want to keep what I have left all the more. I found these products while browsing at the Cayce Clinic in Phoenix and gave them a try. That was a more than a few years ago and, though I try other products from time to time, I've always been a steady customer. For me nothing works better.

The Crudoleum shampoo and conditioner may or may not be helping me keep my hair, but they seem so gentle and cleansing that I don't fear either chemically hurting my hair and/or making it brittle and easily damaged, like some of the over the counter or even some salon only products can do.

Alas, like happens sometimes, these seem to have been discontinued? I can't find them anywhere.

I did try the crudoleum shampoo from another company who advertise themselves as the Cayce source now instead of Heritage Products, but I am very disappointed. To me and my hair, their crudoleum shampoo seems no different than the olive oil shampoos available, and I don't like how those work for me. And they, unlike Heritage, have no crudoleum conditioner, so it's a total fail for replacing what I had.

Such is life sometimes and losing Heritage's Crudoleum shampoo and their Crudoleum conditioner is especially disappointing, but hey, it was GREAT while it lasted!

Thanks for the great products, Heritage. If you bring them back, please let me know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid (Misc.)
I had thinning hair in the front since Iwas a teen. Now in my late 30s early 40s everyone thought I was going to be bald by the time I was 50. I looked up thinning hair on the Edgar Cayce readings and it suggested Atomidine and Crudoleum together if symptoms of thyroid problems existed along with hair loss. Using both these within 6 months my hair has done an excellent job of growing back and staying that way. My family can't believe how well it worked.

For best results recommend using in conjunction with Atomidine. Also look up Edgar Cayces actual suggestions for thinning hair treatment and you can go further with Thyroid extract if you're so inclined and change your diet to reduce or eliminate fried/greasy foods.

Heritage Shampoo, Crudoleum 8 oz Liquid